+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iMac Refresh In the Next 4-6 Weeks with Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
No confirmation of a new Mac Mini, or MacBook. Of course prices will go up, because of the new improvements in the technology. The improvement for better data transfer, and
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    No confirmation of a new Mac Mini, or MacBook.

    Of course prices will go up, because of the new improvements in the
    technology. The improvement for better data transfer, and faster I/O process.
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 03-22-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Hmm, good point.

    Also off topic buy why is MMi super slow at reporting news? No article on Apple suing Amazon?? -_-
    Yeah I read that awhile ago, crazy!

    Doesn't sound like a huge refresh, just kind of catching up to the new MBP.

  3. #23
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,434
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    No confirmation of a new Mac Mini, or MacBook.

    Of course prices will go up, because of the new improvements in the
    technology. The improvement for better data transfer, and faster I/O process.
    Apple has been pretty constant at introducing new tech to their products but keeping the price the same. Apples prices either stay the same as the last model or they come down

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Ok. I thought they would go up, because of the new pieces
    of tech, but just looked at the iPhones and your right.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr0undBreak1ng For This Useful Post:

    feidhlim1986 (03-23-2011)

  6. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Does anything use thunder bolt yet?

  7. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,434
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Does anything use thunder bolt yet?
    LaCie have announced an external SSD drive that uses it. It's got 2x 250 SSD's
    LaCie Intros External Drive with Thunderbolt Connection | StorageReview.com
    The speed will still be limited by the speed of the SSD, but it will be hell of lot faster than a HDD and USB

  8. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Thunderbolt has 10 Gbps in High Speed I/O. That is 2x faster than USB 3.0, former fastest
    data transfer between ports and outlet which was 5 Gbps. The thunderbolt is also faster than FireWire
    which is 2.5 Gbps. USB 2.0 and Express Card aren't 1 GBps in speed they're 800 Mbps.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

  9. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,434
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    Thunderbolt has 10 Gbps in High Speed I/O. That is 2x faster than USB 3.0, former fastest
    data transfer between ports and outlet which was 5 Gbps. The thunderbolt is also faster than FireWire
    which is 2.5 Gbps. USB 2.0 and Express Card aren't 1 GBps in speed they're 800 Mbps.
    Yeah we all know this
    Well USB 2.0 is 480Mbps and FireWire is 800Mbps

  10. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Yes. That means if USB 3.0 will be next fastest, not USB2.0
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

  11. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,434
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    Yes. That means if USB 3.0 will be next fastest, not USB2.0
    I still don't understand your point

  12. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Someone earlier in the forum stated "Thunderbolt would be the slowest, USB 2.0 would be the fastest."
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts