+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 10.6.7 Causing iTunes Problems for 2010 MacBook Air

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
While Apple's release of Snow Leopard 10.6.7 yesterday fixed some known issues, including the issue with the 2011 MacBook Pro screen flickering on the Apple Cinema Display, it seems that
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default 10.6.7 Causing iTunes Problems for 2010 MacBook Air

While Apple's release of Snow Leopard 10.6.7 yesterday fixed some known issues, including the issue with the 2011 MacBook Pro screen flickering on the Apple Cinema Display, it seems that as one issue gets fixed, another arises.

Many owners of the 2010 MacBook Air (particularly the 13-inch model) are reporting fairly significant issues with iTunes after updating to 10.6.7. According to reports on the Apple Discussions forum, users open iTunes and within a few seconds, the machine freezes, becomes unresponsive, and forces the user to force-quit the application. There does not seem to be a known solution yet.

Owners have said that a reinstall of iTunes has worked for some. This is not the most straightforward process, but Apple offers a help page to assist users in uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes 10.2.1. Apple has not yet responded to the forum, and it is unknown if they will.

If you're an owner of a 13-inch MacBook Air and are having this issue, make sure to check out the forum as users continue to try and solve the problem.

Source:
    Apple Discussions Forum

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like apple to mess something up with a software update...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple jacks up another update? NO WAY!

You people are holding it wrong!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How are things like this hardware dependent?

Thanks

Umm so I think I've been experiencing this on my Hackintosh... I thought it was just a fluke but I guess this explains a bit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

Superparakeet (03-22-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds like every version of iTunes I've ever had on my laptop.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

This is no good, was a smooth update for me
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Umm so I think I've been experiencing this on my Hackintosh... I thought it was just a fluke but I guess this explains a bit.
    How can you have a Hackintosh MacBook Air?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had this problem. With my iPhone or iPad (both jailbroken) plugged in and with iTunes open, my MacBook Air 13" would freeze. Completely unresponsive. Keyboard unresponsive...force quit not an option. I tried it 3 times finally having to hold down the power key to force a reboot.

The fix for me was to sync my iPod Nano. Took longer than normal to get the Nano sync started, but once I did all was fixed. The iPhone and iPad sync no problem now. I also shut down growl voice before the sync because some other board said growl was broken by the update...

Non-scientific, weird fix, but it worked. Perhaps sync'g a non-jailbroken device? Who knows.

Just a heads up for others in the same boat.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact that I have a PC is causing me enough iTunes problems...

Thanks
    Yet another reason to buy a Macbo... I mean PC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    How can you have a Hackintosh MacBook Air?
    Yeah I dunno but my hackintosh hung twice yesterday after upgrading to 10.6.7. It also happened shortly after starting iTunes both times.

It seems to be fine today so I don't know... but this hackintosh has been extremely stable since 10.6.3 all they way to 10.6.6 so it seems like too much of a coincidence.
    Last edited by Norb; 03-22-2011 at 06:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

10.6.7 is working fine on my 2008 unibody MacBook. Was thinking of finally getting a new one but so far both the air and new 2011 pros have issues so I'm stickin with my perfectly running 2008.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep, the update messed up my new airbook 13", nice, now I can`t use itunes. Mac my @ss, $2,000+ and can`t use itunes.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
    Yep, the update messed up my new airbook 13", nice, now I can`t use itunes. Mac my @ss, $2,000+ and can`t use itunes.
    Why, "Mac my @ss"? Is it cause you ran into a small issue that'll probably be fixed quickly? Its not the first time a computer has come across a problem lol.

I love that anytime an issue pops up from Apple ppl jump all over it and make it a huge deal, trying to slam Apple. So there's a small bug...its not the end of the world lol, it'll be fixed soon enough. It happens in Windows too, who cares?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Why, "Mac my @ss"? Is it cause you ran into a small issue that'll probably be fixed quickly? Its not the first time a computer has come across a problem lol.

I love that anytime an issue pops up from Apple ppl jump all over it and make it a huge deal, trying to slam Apple. So there's a small bug...its not the end of the world lol, it'll be fixed soon enough. It happens in Windows too, who cares?
    Maybe the useless jokes about BSOD give people a false sense of security? Ever think about that?

Macs are over-hyped as "problem free," when in fact, they're not.

By the way, I have not had a BSOD since Windows XP... 5 years ago!

I do also own a Mac, but, because I expect these issues from Windows AND Mac OS, I never update right away.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CynicalDriver For This Useful Post:

Buckmaster (03-23-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've never experienced a BSOD myself, but I've had my fair share of kernel panics and Grey screens of Deaths with Mac OS X since Tiger.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

Buckmaster (03-23-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

No problems to report from running 10.6.7 on my Dell Mini!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post

You are right, this happens to PC to, that is my point. $2,196 for a 13" mac, that acts like a PC. This little airbook is nice, but for the money I spent on it, there are some VERY nice PC out there. If I have never purchased a mac, a had made that remark, OK, than you would be right. But I did spend my money on a product that claims to be the BEST, yet only to find out, they have their own issues.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I've never experienced a BSOD myself, but I've had my fair share of kernel panics and Grey screens of Deaths with Mac OS X since Tiger.
    I work as a computer support tech so every OS I see is broken or the hardware is broken or both.

I would say that Mac OS only makes up 4% of my billing even though they make up 18% of the total number of machines I support. I love windows, without windows I would not have had a downpayment for my house so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
    You are right, this happens to PC to, that is my point. $2,196 for a 13" mac, that acts like a PC. This little airbook is nice, but for the money I spent on it, there are some VERY nice PC out there. If I have never purchased a mac, a had made that remark, OK, than you would be right. But I did spend my money on a product that claims to be the BEST, yet only to find out, they have their own issues.
    Happens on a $2000 Dell too.

Apple claims to be easiest to use. Its not the machine, but the support from the company when things go wrong, that really counts in the long run.

Ever try and resolve a windows issue? Call Dell, Dell says reinstall windows, or software not supported. Call Microsoft = $100 per call. With Apple at least you only have one place to point to: Cupertino.
    Last edited by sane; 03-23-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost