Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Products May Soon Be Manufactured in Brazil

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It will probably work quite well, Brazil has it's fair share of sweat shops!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shirwan72 View Post
    It will probably work quite well, Brazil has it's fair share of sweat shops!!!
    If you examine wages/hour I will safely say at least 80% of the working population in Brazil can be considered under sweatshop regime

As for product quality, that's what processes are for.

It doesn't matter if the (human) parts of the assembly line are educated, dumb, sloppy or numb, the processes in place guarantee the product will always have the same characteristics.

Look up 'six sigma' before thinking one large electronics corporation's sweatshop (Brazilian) would be worse than another (Chinese).

True dat.

Lol lower their prices. How can he write articles about apple if he knows nothing about them?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I think this is a good idea as long as its good for the workers... Foxconn can't keep up now when new products come out... Look at the iPad 2... one has to wait four to five weeks to get one....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

apples gotta do everything they can to spread business because ya know the whole S, Jobs situation

They try to unveil new things quick and efficiently, and try to spread business. It is because of the Jobs situation and the APPL stocks dropping in some countries.
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 03-21-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

I wonder if this has anything to do with Obama going down to Brazil.

Lol maybe trying to give president apple products and some coverage down their
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Not to mention all the Brazilian disease embedded in the products and their packaging (especially adhesive tapes), that will hopefully hit the xenophobic types like you.
    I hope we luck out and get a few smokin hot brazilian babes that happen to get trapped inside the box ;-)

EDIT: oh yeah, to address the pricing issue. apple won't lower the price because they don't have to. in fact they may not be inclined to have the shelves always stocked with ipads. they may want to get the wait time down to 1 week or 2 tops but that demand is exactly what helps generate sales. the illusion of unavailability makes it that much more attractive since it generates a fake sense of exclusivity even though eventually everyone can get one given enough time and/or searching.
    Last edited by alexevo; 03-21-2011 at 01:10 PM.

That was completely off-topic. If want to talk about "hot smoking brazilan babes" then go talk about
    somewhere else.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    If you examine wages/hour I will safely say at least 80% of the working population in Brazil can be considered under sweatshop regime

As for product quality, that's what processes are for.

It doesn't matter if the (human) parts of the assembly line are educated, dumb, sloppy or numb, the processes in place guarantee the product will always have the same characteristics.

Look up 'six sigma' before thinking one large electronics corporation's sweatshop (Brazilian) would be worse than another (Chinese).
    I didn't comment on quality of product assembly or quality assurance. but you basically agreed with my point of cheap labour. I am very well versed with the six sigma model, it's not rocket science.

Apple products aren't getting any cheaper..

Production costs in Brazil are wayyy higher than in China. Labor cost in Brazil is much higher than in China (more than 2x), not to mention much higher taxes also...

very very weird...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Brazil is the next economic powerhouse.
    Lots of natural resources, lots of cheap labor.

It is getting harder to find workers in China now, especially now Foxconn is one of the company that pay high wages to employee in China. Hard to cut cost as well when you are a company that pays so high compare to other companies in China.

I would start learning Portuguese guys, that is the next big job market.

Not for sure. Brazil needs to diversify resources, but the Amazon Rainforest does provide 1/5 of freshwater and 1/3 of oxygen for the world so Brazil is a pretty wealthy country! Plus the Foxconn suicides made a sudden decrease of production of Apple products.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shirwan72 View Post
    I didn't comment on quality of product assembly or quality assurance. but you basically agreed with my point of cheap labour. I am very well versed with the six sigma model, it's not rocket science.
    My bad, the comment on product quality shouldn't have been part of my reply to you, it was intended as a response for a previous post on that subject.

I did agree with your comment on low wages.

Cheap labour in Brazil. Low wages, too.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I wonder if the building of these new facilities means the destruction of natural habitat.
    It doesn't matter. Whether Foxconn moves down there, or CheapChinaCrapCo moves, the Brazilian government keeps authorising the burning of rainforest for farms and homes.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Destruction of natural habitat is a sure way to cut off photosynthesis, and hurt our planet. The rain forest has
    suffered enough. Once alot of the vegetation is gone we won't be able to discover new cures, or our planet will
    soon become a uninhabital one.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    Destruction of natural habitat is a sure way to cut off photosynthesis, and hurt our planet. The rain forest has
    suffered enough. Once alot of the vegetation is gone we won't be able to discover new cures, or our planet will
    soon become a uninhabital one.
    We already use more oxygen than the plant life on earth gives... This is why deserts are expanding, and Acid Rain is such a problem.

Brazil needs to learn from the Japanese, and put those techniques to use in areas that are already deforested, rather than continuous expansion into the rainforest.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    We already use more oxygen than the plant life on earth gives... This is why deserts are expanding, and Acid Rain is such a problem.

Brazil needs to learn from the Japanese, and put those techniques to use in areas that are already deforested, rather than continuous expansion into the rainforest.
    Exactly. Brazil seriously needs to learbl
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast