+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple May Finally Unveil Revamped MobileMe Next Month

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Would be nice! With all the Apple stuff you buy, I'm surprised Steve hasn't had you over for dinner yet!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Would be nice!
    With all the Apple stuff you buy, I'm surprised Steve hasn't had you over for dinner yet!

Twitter: @tshoults

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Free is nice but €79 a year doesn't break the bank. The more you use the features of MobileMe the more I think you think it's worth paying for.

Yes you can get the same or similar services but it's nice have a service that is integrated into my laptop and phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I dont know why people always think mobile me should be free, Its a service thats not required to use your apple products. Its an extra service that should be paid for. Why should apple have to offer this service for free and pay to maintain it because some people are cheap? "Other Companies offer very SIMILAR services for free" they dont integrate with all my apple products like mobile me does, All the people who like to say apple is wrong by charging when other places give similar services free then use the other services no body is making you use mobile me.
    I'm not saying it's wrong to charge. I'm saying that the pricetag is what's keeping people away, not the features.
    If it was offered free or cheap for iOS users then it would be great incentive for people to own Apple products. And once you're in, you're usually there to stay... at least with Apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I'm not saying it's wrong to charge. I'm saying that the pricetag is what's keeping people away, not the features.
    If it was offered free or cheap for iOS users then it would be great incentive for people to own Apple products. And once you're in, you're usually there to stay... at least with Apple.
    The price-tag kept me away... Now that I own a Mac Mini, it might change. I saw value in it, just not enough to justify the cost for only an iPhone.

I will probably also be getting a MBP, and the value would be even higher then, because I could sync info between a Mac that never leaves home, a MBP that gets used almost daily, and my iPhone 4 which gets used countless times a day. Suddenly $99/year doesn't seem so bad then.

It's not for everyone, I will admit; but for people looking to bridge the gaps between several devices, it can be indispensable.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CynicalDriver For This Useful Post:

VaderForce (03-20-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be a step in the right direction.
    Of course we are still waiting for Flash and 64GB plus
    the other goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Teban View Post
    Ahhhh Microsoft exchange plus drop box equals free, and more important if I somehow forget to pay apple or decide to do away with the service. My calendar, contacts and notes are backed up with google, which will never go away, the wife and me share the calendar and are synced with exchange. Apple needs to offer more on the table with the MobileMe app 99 bucks a year is a good price but when you can get it for free an never have to worry that's $98.999 to much.IMO!!
    I agree with Teban. I use DROPBOX with PKGBACKUP to backup all my iphone files. And PKGBACKUP is only 7.99.
    Last edited by thevmax; 03-21-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12