+ Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Granted Access to Two Years of Geohot's PayPal Records

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
So many they want his ip logs, and paypal log so they can bring a case against everybody that supported george? What do y'all think?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So many they want his ip logs, and paypal log so they can bring a case against everybody that supported george? What do y'all think?

Thanks

Sorry guys can't stop buying blu-rays even though Sony invented the technology but I will never buy another one of their tv's or blu-ray players again. Even questioning buying the PS4 when it comes out, or maybe will and donate it to "will it blend?"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    "Sony won't feel the hit if we boycott them because the majority of people that buy Sony products don't give a F about Geohot or this case and will still buy Sony products. We don't have enough sway to make a dent in their wallets and they know that.
    True, but I think if there are enough people that do care (maybe IF this makes better headlines on the news) and stop buying products when they see that four letter word, they will definitely see a dent. Who knows they may be known as the company that likes to sue their customers rather than a company that makes good products in the future.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm a firm believer that lawyers have F'ed this country, if not the world, up. Right and wrong people!!! Ethics!! No one cares anymore. Come on.. It's not all about how much you can get over on someone. Sony is spending so much money just to prove that they are big and bad!! F'em

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    I would think that Sony getting his pay pal records would be invasion of privacy. Why should they be allowed to see that type of info.
    its also invasion of privacy for our ip addresses.. this judge is on crack cuz we have right of privacy.. but when judges on crack say yes to this well it breaks that privacy..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've stopped buying any products made by Sony, including the USB disks & Memory Cards. I've change my plans to get the TV from Sony to Panasonic. Never I recommend Sony anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just thinking an Online Petition would show the amount of support that geo has and it also might make the news if the numbers are high enough, while at the same time showing Sony how big the support is for geo.

I don't know how effective petitions are in US but here in the UK they carry weight with enough signatures.
    All it will take is someone to put the petition online and then everyone who cares can pass out the link and watch the support roll in plus the news would grab hold of this story.

Let me know what ya think

Cheers

P.s Headline" People power takes Sony down a peg or two"

Sent from my jail broken ipad

Here is something another mmi user iAppleHack has put together, iv signed it
    http://AntiSonyPledge.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Banjy; 03-17-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: To add a link

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banjy For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (03-17-2011), LSZ33 (03-17-2011), xDaViDx (03-17-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

It is 9am here in the UK and after getting up and getting ready for the day I was feeling good. However after reading this article I am feeling physically sick. This is a ******* disgrace. This judge and Sony need a good kick in the ***.

Never again will I purchase anything Sony, I really do feel like going out to my local Sony centre and tossing a brick through their window. However I will simply purchase my last Sony product, some Sony batteries and take a hammer to them.

Gehot keep the faith man. I will send whatever cash I can afford.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this mean everyone who has ever donated to Geohot is ******? Will Sony go after them next?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everyone join the Sony facebook pages and post **** up there 24/7

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    Everyone join the Sony facebook pages and post **** up there 24/7
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

How could this possibly be relevant to their case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    He won't serve any jail time because they are suing him in civil court not criminal court. They haven't announced that they are seeking criminal charges against him so I don't know why you'd think he'd serve jail time.

Sony won't feel the hit if we boycott them because the majority of people that buy Sony products don't give a F about Geohot or this case and will still buy Sony products. We don't have enough sway to make a dent in their wallets and they know that.

Good luck to Geohot and I hope he wins this.
    Sony isn't going to sit idly by as Apple idea while someone Yonkers around with their products. The PS3 is a money maker for them (the games) and jailbreaking allows for piracy. Not that everyone does it, but it's enough of a possibility that they want to shut it down.

Apple isn't as passionate about stopping a jailbreak because jailbreaking actually helps them! (think about all of those iPhones that were unlocked and used on other carriers. Someone still had to buy them initially and reselling allows most folks to go ahead and buy the new device each year. No other phone has a re-sale market like the iPhone.)

Sony is not to be f*^€ed with. George is screwed. Who of you will actively visit his site and donate to him right now KNOWING Sony is going to get their hands on your IP from his ISP and name etc from paypal?

Only thing that will hurt Sony has nothing to do with this case (the trouble in Japan) so they are motivated to show the stock market that they are tough on security and help boost confidence. Money is how you hurt a giant like Sony and George doesn't have enough.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

it is wrong for invasion of privacy, but im still buying a ps4. lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    he'll probably get a job offer out of it all.

Thanks

I hope their company dies from nuclear poisoning.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Amazing Atheist For This Useful Post:

bijju (03-17-2011), MaximusUK2 (03-17-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MC SE7EN View Post
    Screw Sony. I'm too broke to help poor geohot, but I will boycott Sony. I will avoid them like the plague. Anyone who cares about this should, and even those who don't care specifically about this case, but do care about their right to do what they want with their own devices.
    That means no movies, no new tvs, no playstashit...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

This just keeps getting better and better. I donated a few $$ to Geohot a while ago, so now Sony have my Paypal details too. WTF??

You guys in the US really need to rally together against this. Write to your congressman or whoever and tell them that this judge is completely off his nut and surely out of his jurisdiction in giving away the privacy of so many people without justification.

This is beyond ridiculous and I just hope we can get enough publicity to raise the profile of this scam to the level that somebody with some power can step in and do something about it.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh wow this is seriously getting stupid now... What do they plan on doing with this info banning any one with the giving email address from PSN if it matches there records?? I hope not cause if so ima be really pissed with Sony. I've donated to Geo before but for Black/LimeRa1n. So I seriously hope they don't think ok this person donated, he has a email that matches with PSN let's cancel his PSN account!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banjy View Post
    Just thinking an Online Petition would show the amount of support that geo has and it also might make the news if the numbers are high enough, while at the same time showing Sony how big the support is for geo.

I don't know how effective petitions are in US but here in the UK they carry weight with enough signatures.
    All it will take is someone to put the petition online and then everyone who cares can pass out the link and watch the support roll in plus the news would grab hold of this story.

Let me know what ya think

Cheers

P.s Headline" People power takes Sony down a peg or two"

Sent from my jail broken ipad

Here is something another mmi user iAppleHack has put together, iv signed it
    Anti-Sony Pledge
    I was just thinking the same thing!!
    Geo should open this up on his site where we can all go and sign and to show Sony that what there doing here isn't right.
    Last edited by zeroskater61; 03-17-2011 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Sony is not to be f*^€ed with. George is screwed. Who of you will actively visit his site and donate to him right now KNOWING Sony is going to get their hands on your IP from his ISP and name etc from paypal?
    What are they going to do? Ban your IP? I don't even own a ps3. In fact, I am proud to have no Sony products in the house. My 15 year old college tv finally left my garage, into the landfill for it!