+ Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Granted Access to Two Years of Geohot's PayPal Records

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Westerman Now that's some bs. Sony has taking this way to far. I am still tryin to figure out what he did wrong. He jailbroke his own
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Now that's some bs. Sony has taking this way to far. I am still tryin to figure out what he did wrong. He jailbroke his own purchased device voided warranty and did what he wanted to it. I don't see a problem he didnt steal anything. If Sony was smart they would hire him to find exploits and close them for security.
    I agree with you 100%!!! As for knowing why they were going after him.... Most likely because he spread his knowledge. Regardless, Sony is losing a /HUGE/ chunk of change here!!! Not only in lawyer fees, but also those who are boycotting them. Even though it's just pennies to a corporate giant such as Sony, it's total bull$hit in the long run.

Green Apple
    Thanks

We should boycott Sony products.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

They are going after him because he is one of the biggest names in the jailbreak scene. If some no name hacker did it I doubt Sony would be going to this extent to sue the some guy for doing nothing truly wrong. Once again void warranty Sony isn't out any money for the device people are still buying games. All of this is stupid. I am sure geo is probably being cool about this. And I am sure he got a good lawyer who will defend him.

My question is what george looking at? Jail time, a fine, or just to be hassled?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hxclos View Post
    We should boycott Sony products.
    Like cer0 said Sony has there hands in everything it is almost impossible to be 100 percent Sony free but we can give it a good go I am sure.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i heard there was another jailbreak a couple days after ONLY TO ALLOW PIRACY and they didnt do anything.. so ya its cuz hes a apple hacker:/ they r retarded.. and false advertise. in the psmove commercial the kids like playin cod and when i was guna go get it they said duznt work with any gun games yut.. lies:/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What would they do if at least 60% of the nations hackers showed themselves at the trial?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow that's Fu**ed up !!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

He won't serve any jail time because they are suing him in civil court not criminal court. They haven't announced that they are seeking criminal charges against him so I don't know why you'd think he'd serve jail time.

Sony won't feel the hit if we boycott them because the majority of people that buy Sony products don't give a F about Geohot or this case and will still buy Sony products. We don't have enough sway to make a dent in their wallets and they know that.

Good luck to Geohot and I hope he wins this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

MaximusUK2 (03-17-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

+1

Green Apple
    Thanks

if we are going to boycott them then we have to also boycott their substrates just cuz it doesnt have a sony name on it doesnt mean they dont own it and there is quite a few of them and this has gone to far! i though it was too far when they got the ip addresses if we all band together against sony i think they would have to listen to us there is enuf in this jb community to make them hear us if we just let him go down with out a fight apple my do like sony is doing and sue the hackers it would stop the jailbreaking real quick we cant let it get that far tho we must stop sony now

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple can't sue us to stop us from jailbreaking. There was already a law enacted that protects us. Plus the people that jailbreak iphones don't distribute keys like Geohot did. They just distribute software that allows jailbreaking. Geohot distributed the anti-piracy keys kinda like if someone cracked the DRM on itunes purchases and then distributed the keys to remove the DRM on those purchases.

Not quite the same thing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus ******* Christ!!!! This retard of a judge has way too much power. Geohot pissed Sony off so that gives them the right to pry into any aspect of his personal life they want? Geo needs to file a request for a new judge in a new venue because this isn't right. This judge gives Sony everything they want and there is no way geohot is going to get a fair trial. They need to take this to new jersey or another state where Sony isn't providing jobs for residents or tax income for that state. Sony is doing it in California because California needs all the jobs and income from taxes they can get. Cali doesn't want to piss Sony off because that means less money for their failing system. This is just ********, it's just a big company using money to push things in their favor.

Thanks

This Judge is on Sony's Payroll...

Thanks

Actually he gave out a proprietary Sony key of some sort. That's what I gather from reading about all this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Yea this battle is not turning out to well. Sony has found the right judge to start kicking around orders.
    It's amazing what money can buy. When you have that much money and power there is no ends to the mean.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Well im gna be on the list in the past couple of months xD ..looks like we'll need to be donating again at some point aswell..

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a war... It's too bad, but there will be casualties. Some people will take a bullet or a hundred round clip.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Effin Sony! Why not spend all their rediculous money and legal fees on helping their fellow countrymen or other human beings recover in Japan from disaster, rather than be like spoilt little kids about the whole thing. Whats next? Ford suing Xibit for modifying their cars on national TV?? I hope this hurts Sony's rep in a big way!!!

Thanks

I would think that Sony getting his pay pal records would be invasion of privacy. Why should they be allowed to see that type of info.

Thanks

Also why does it say I posted at 12:07 am but the time on my phone says 1:07 am