+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Granted Access to Two Years of Geohot's PayPal Records

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd All they want to do is make an example of him and out out that i u hack ull be sued and they arnt affroid of
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd View Post
    All they want to do is make an example of him and out out that i u hack ull be sued and they arnt affroid of ruining their business.
    This hurt my brain.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

LOL Apparently George has used all your "donations" to buy himself a holiday to South America.

From a motion filed 18th March 2011
    Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC v. Hotz et al Document 103 - :: Justia Docs
    21, Exh. S. When SCEA echoed TIG’s request that the components of the hard drives be delivered immediately, Hotz’s counsel responded that Hotz was in South America.
    And lied about having a PSN account. So he agreed the the terms of use and still broke them.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 03-23-2011 at 09:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    LOL Apparently George has used all your "donations" to buy himself a holiday to South America.

From a motion filed 18th March 2011
    Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC v. Hotz et al Document 103 - :: Justia Docs

And lied about having a PSN account. So he agreed the the terms of use and still broke them.
    Yeah, I read the case doc too. Has lied on a couple of occasions. I originally liked Hotz until I found out about the stuff done behind scenes by the guy. I give the dev team props for putting up with him in the beginning. It's a shame. I hope Sony gets him.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    Yeah, I read the case doc too. Has lied on a couple of occasions. I originally liked Hotz until I found out about the stuff done behind scenes by the guy. I give the dev team props for putting up with him in the beginning. It's a shame. I hope Sony gets him.
    I kind of agree, but I think back to when I was younger and imagine if I was in his situation. I think if he was still 16-17 and in highschool I'd have a bit more sympathy, but by the time you're 21 you should have some perspective on the world and some responsibility for what you've done.

On the flip side, I do not hope Sony gets him for anything other than releasing a trade secret. He's being charged with numerous things, and this case has the potential to really strengthen consumer rights to use their hardware how they want. Righthaven's lawsuit for the newspaper industry just backfired on them, and there's a good chance this could happen to Sony too.

Here's hoping the lawsuit get's moved to NJ to he has a decent chance of fighting the charges.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    Try and look past your personal opinions of George and look to what precedents this could create if/when SCEA wins in court. It would not bode well for any of the multitude of jailbreak/hacking communities in existence

+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112