Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Blasted by Rocker Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Sure you can still do that with the CD's and tapes, but without the popularity of digital devices the music piracy would not be so widespread as it is now.
    You've got that backwards, the reason hardware MP3 players exist is because of heavy music piracy in the late 90's. No Napster, no iPod. Most people had no idea what an an "em pee three" was before the news media went crazy over it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adonisblue View Post
    umm yeah, let's get over the past and live for the future already.. Thank goodness the 70's/80's are over!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by hillsdale View Post
    bon jovi is a joke, his music is a joke, his look is a joke, and his opinion is a joke. He just thinks that he isn't selling records because everything is done on the internet now... Little does he know its because he is pathetic and irrelevant.
    +1
    Last edited by endwaro; 03-14-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

so what Bon Jovi is basically saying is "i wish music wasn't available in single digital format so you had to buy my whole crappy album for 1 or 2 good songs. dammit now i'm forced to make EVERY song on the album a good song. i shake my fist at you 'hard work'"

oh and on another note...at "10" i can barely hear my music. has to be turned up to 35 or 40 on the setup I have to really enjoy it. in the car 15 or 16 works just fine but no 10 will not do in any situation.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale View Post
    Bon Jovi is a joke, His music is a joke, his look is a joke, and his opinion is a joke. He just thinks that he isn't selling records because everything is done on the internet now... Little does he know its because he is pathetic and irrelevant.
    In addition to what I've already said, this is also another aspect that I agree with 100%.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For those of you that complain that it was a great experience to go to the record store, etc. etc. etc. and all that BS, guess what, the money you save on gas or from buying the entire album for just 1 or 2 songs means you now have more money to go buy tickets and see your favorite artist IN PERSON.

Didn't consider that during your rant Mr. Bon Jovi did you?

Nothing will ever replace the experience of seeing someone live even though the quality is not nearly as good as the digitally recorded music you downloaded from iTunes. That experience cannot be duplicated.

Oh yeah...DEATH TO AUTOTUNE!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Btw, this "news" article is extremely tabloidy and click bait.

Thanks

If I like a song, I buy the whole album.

Radio sucks btw.

im wondering if who is the copycat on publishing news... it seems modmyi and engadget has the same report...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    im wondering if who is the copycat on publishing news... it seems modmyi and engadget has the same report...
    It's internet "journalism", everyone copies everyone, many times word for word. If you can copy & paste you got a job

My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Thanks

Mp3s are crap soundwise thank god for vinyl.. And whats single compared to ANY pink floyd ALBUM..its the real and talented artists that make good ALBUMS like Neil Young Eddie vedder Bob Dylan and sutch!!
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

My mom had hundreds of records, and about a thousand cassette tapes. She didn't start buying CDs until after I did, and still didn't have a CD player in her car until 2004.

Some people take a long time to adjust. I'm only just now making progress with her on iTunes.

I remember having to wade through the hordes of albums at the record store; the countless hours wasted having to read a case, just to try and guess what direction they took musically. Only when the "preview headsets" came in, did you get a real idea, and those didn't work most of the time. I do recall, numerous times, hoping for lyrics in the "jacket," and the massive disappointment when they weren't there, lol.

To be honest, I WAS a Napster kid! I used Napster, Kazaa (anyone else remember them?), and a few less widely known "services." I wasn't doing it to destroy music, I was doing it because I could get what I wanted. I was crushed when Napster got in all that trouble, and even more so, when they had to turn the servers off.

I switched to iTunes, almost imediately after it came out. I thought; "This is awesome! Now I can get my music legally again." Most pirates, from back in the Napster era, were not evil, nor were they looking to never spend money on music. They just enjoyed the convenience of it, and most of us switched to legal services once we knew it was the same, if not better (iTunes has previews, Napster did not.) Anyone who still pirates their music collection is just a criminal, and will never do anything honest unless they have to.

Digitising music also helped a lot of new artists get their music out to us, without playing the prohibitively stupid "label" games. For all the music that sounds the same, on the main-stream labels, it is changing because of the wildly new sounds from independents, who never would have had a shot with a major company. It's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaospassageraren View Post
    Mp3s are crap soundwise thank god for vinyl.. And whats single compared to ANY pink floyd ALBUM..its the real and talented artists that make good ALBUMS like Neil Young Eddie vedder Bob Dylan and sutch!!
    Gotta agree with this! I am a child of the 80's, born in '82, but I know that not many artists produce albums like that. "The Wall" was an EXPERIENCE, not a track set.

It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Well sounds like Bon jovi is looking for a role in only fools and horses as uncle Albert next he'll be saying "during the war"

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Bon Jovi suck now but then again a lot of 80's bands are dead or dying.

I have bought like two albums of iTunes in my lifetime and most of them I have got them for other sources or went and bought the hardcopy. Buying the two albums of iTunes for me was a mistake, I can't listen it on other devices.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-14-2011 at 05:41 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Gotta agree with this! I am a child of the 80's, born in '82, but I know that not many artists produce albums like that. "The Wall" was an EXPERIENCE, not a track set.

And i use spotify i Will never buy it digital untill it all turns to FLAC if it ever Will ..

Music shops will be dead before the CD. audio heads still prefer listening to CD's as the music quality and freshness is un-matched in comparision to the highest bit rate MP3

Who is this guy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SL4VE View Post
    Music shops will be dead before the CD. audio heads still prefer listening to CD's as the music quality and freshness is un-matched in comparision to the highest bit rate MP3
    You meen vinyl right?Ever heard vinyl?? It beats the crap out of cds any day of the week..

maybe he should change his stage name to Jon Ban Jobsy
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Quote Originally Posted by Kaospassageraren View Post
    You meen vinyl right?Ever heard vinyl?? It beats the crap out of cds any day of the week..
    Huh. I must be the only owner of terrible sounding vinyl. Vinyl in no way sounds better. More nostalgic, yes; better sounding, no.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast