Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Granted Permission to Subpoena Log of IP Addresses That Visited Geohot's Website

This whole thing is ridiculous! If he didn't pirate software and redistribute for a profit then he didn't any thing wrong. If I had A POS playstation then I can do whatever I want with it. what a bunch of focking communists!!!!.... Fock sony!!!!

Thanks

wow this is getting absurd. sony has officially gone off the deep end, havent had my ps3 plugged in since they started this whole business and still on CFW3.55 uh oh they might start requesting ip addresses from everyone who visits this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senas8 View Post
    Why doesn't the court just give them the constitution while their at it! Fook!
    Thank you! Everyone seems to be getting enraged towards Sony about this but the overreaching power taken by this judge threatens way more than any hacking scene.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

gdd2010 (03-06-2011)

Why do companies not want us to control what we own? Maddening.

I think we are missing the point of this.
    The lawyers want to move the case to California, likely because they all live there and they would be on their home turf for the suit.
    They do not want to go to Jersey.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

That's sucks I been on the website to. I think that Sony has nothing better to do. I never liked Sony any way,

Im so aggravated about the Sony thing I am boycoting them with every one I know, My advise to everyone is to purchase anything other than a sony product and I mean down to a friggen thumb drive.

This is ridiculous. Jailbreaking is LEGAL. I refuse to buy another SONY product. Seriously this is out of hand.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

Probably the wrong place to ask this......but I just happen to have a PS3 for sale now....

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    This is ridiculous. Jailbreaking is LEGAL. I refuse to buy another SONY product. Seriously this is out of hand.
    He's not being sued for "jailbreaking". Posting the master signing key for the PS3 non-anonymously in a country under effect of the DMCA is kind of asking to be sued.

Not trying to defend Sony, but most of the people in this thread seem to have barely read half of the information-lacking summary post, and don't seem very clear on what this actually entails.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

who still buying sony products now a day? this is sad!

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    He's not being sued for "jailbreaking". Posting the master signing key for the PS3 non-anonymously in a country under effect of the DMCA is kind of asking to be sued.

Not trying to defend Sony, but most of the people in this thread seem to have barely read half of the information-lacking summary post, and don't seem very clear on what this actually entails.
    I understand that, but the main point of Sony making such a big deal out of this is to warn of others. To make an example of him...
    It's only impossible if you quit.

Thanks

Hey look! It's the first 150 bytes of 17 USC §§ 512!

erk: C0 CE FE 84 C2 27 F7 5B D0 7A 7E B8 46 50 9F 93 B2 38 E7 70 DA CB 9F F4 A3 88 F8 12 48 2B E2 1B
    riv: 47 EE 74 54 E4 77 4C C9 B8 96 0C 7B 59 F4 C1 4D
    pub: C2 D4 AA F3 19 35 50 19 AF 99 D4 4E 2B 58 CA 29 25 2C 89 12 3D 11 D6 21 8F 40 B1 38 CA B2 9B 71 01 F3 AE B7 2A 97 50 19
    R: 80 6E 07 8F A1 52 97 90 CE 1A AE 02 BA DD 6F AA A6 AF 74 17
    n: E1 3A 7E BC 3A CC EB 1C B5 6C C8 60 FC AB DB 6A 04 8C 55 E1
    K: BA 90 55 91 68 61 B9 77 ED CB ED 92 00 50 92 F6 6C 7A 3D 8D
    Da: C5 B2 BF A1 A4 13 DD 16 F2 6D 31 C0 F2 ED 47 20 DC FB 06 70

Sony, feel free to serve your subpoena papers to:

J. William [2001:470:bae1::/48, 67.177.254.0/24]
    c/o Davis, Graham, and Stubbs L.L.P.
    1550 Seventeenth Street, Suite 500
    Denver, CO, 80202

<3

//Seriously? It's a bunch of numbers. If numbers can be IP, I declare the number "3" or "three" as my IP.

//Though Sony's behavior causing this is grossly unacceptable, moreover, it's just going to bite them in the derrière.

//That bug, if it is the type of bug I think it is, it'll totally hardware-exploit the metldr and lvl0 bootloader without needing the keys--new private keys won't fix this one. Changing those substantially in a new release of PS3 will likely break their OS.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

4n4c0nd4 (03-09-2011), gdd2010 (03-06-2011), ishamiyal (03-06-2011), senas8 (03-05-2011), vantheman169 (03-06-2011)

I could see this going very bad for Sony. While legally, the "may" have a case, this kind of action leaves a bad taste with most consumers. I do not own any Sony electronics, and now will certainly not purchase any. If they keep this up, I will not be surprised if we start seeing organized bans of Sony.

You could count my ip in there Sony lol , come get me!

And look at this poor guy. Trying to bring linux back for ps3. His not creating iso loaders. His reversing the ps3 HV and .."Sony Sues Graf Chokolo for 1 Million Euros" House get raided wtf?!
    Sony Sues Graf Chokolo for 1 Million Euros, He's Still PS3 Hacking! - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

BOYCOT! I just bought a brand new 47" LED TV and i avoided Sony because of this and i am glad! F U Sony! Thinking about buying a different 3D DVD Player too, just so i can sell my PS3! TARDS. And mine is not even JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennder View Post
    So i visited website after GeoHot asked for help with lawyers to read his "plea", is my IP gonna be on the list too?
    What next? They will ask for a list of people who actually downloaded the hack (names, addresses etc.)?
    Freedom and democracy, you have it USA... (and the rest of the world too obviously).

Fook you SONY!

P.S. I'm staring at my SONY LCD TV and thinking why in the damn hell have i supported these morons buying it. Facepalm.
    Exactly. I've been to his web site so am I included in this? Worse still, I go to his web site because I support what he does but then Sony are going to use my information AGAINST him? I never agreed to that.

Sony ought to realise that ultimately they will lose big time from going down this path. People won't buy their gear because of this. Are they really so stupid that they can't see it? It certainly appears so.

What's also clear is that this has more to do with control than piracy. Somebody mentioned Apple being a control-freak, which is true. But even they know that crossing the line makes no commercial sense.

I don't even own a PS3 but have a vested interest in this story from a standpoint of being able to do what I want with the kit I've paid good money for - with the help of clever people like Geohot anyway. If one manufacturer stupidly believes they own something after the man on the street has paid his money for it, then the man on the street will just go and spend his money on something else. Bye bye Sony.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:

Banjy (03-07-2011)

Thanks

Seriously, WTF? Ugh, this is getting worse.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    You could count my ip in there Sony lol , come get me!
    +1

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast