Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeking Expanded Access to iTunes Downloads Across All iOS Devices

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Seeking Expanded Access to iTunes Downloads Across All iOS Devices

Apple is said to be actively engaged in negotiations with four major record labels to give iOS device users something they desperately want - expanded access to their digital music across all of their iOS devices. As a result, progress is apparently being made, the eventual outcome of which could be a new agreement between Apple and its largest digital music providers by the middle of 2011.

According to Bloomberg News, multiple sources familiar with the ongoing negotiations suggest that Apple is heavily lobbying the likes of Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, EMI Music and Warner Music Group to expand their current licensing agreement. Such an arrangement would effectively give iTunes consumers and iOS device users more control and flexibility in accessing their paid-for digital music libraries.

Although Apple and its major label partners aren't formally offering comment on the matter, there could very well be more on the table besides simply granting users access to the same iTunes account across the iPhone, iPod and iPad. It appears that a forthcoming deal could also provide for "permanent backup of music purchases" should the original files somehow become deleted or otherwise damaged and rendered unusable.

Source: Bloomberg

I hope they can pull this one off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm guessing that has something to do with the cloud based services that we had heard about.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Strange how most other outlets can allow free download of purchased music yet apple can't/wouldn't

Rofl who the **** still pays for music? Silly greedy record labels

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Rofl who the **** still pays for music? Silly greedy record labels
    Non-scum, non-leeches like myself. Same people who have no problem paying a dev (JB or Apple Store) for an app or tweak they spend time developing. Obviously cheap, crooked people like yourself want everything for free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Non-scum, non-leeches like myself. Same people who have no problem paying a dev (JB or Apple Store) for an app or tweak they spend time developing. Obviously cheap, crooked people like yourself want everything for free.
    Then I'm a cheap, crooked person as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For real... Anyone who has ********** or something similar, xsellize, on their iDevice is a no good common thief.

Thanks

they should have done this from the beginning

No see this is where you're stupid. Bands make money other ways accept music downloads. Every band that I like enough to torrent, I've been to atleast one of their shows paying $100+ for a ticket. I also pay for all my apps an tweaks. So before you judge me, you should think about how stupid you're sounding. Moron.

After watching MTV cribs for the first time I feel pretty damn good about downloading music free, now for apps and tweaks in Cydia, I to have xsellize and ********** but I use it for testing ****, I know many of u have bought a tweak and didn't like. Most of my apps from ********** I try it out if I like I buy cuz I would hate to spend $.99 or $4.99 ect for something that I will delete after using it the first time. But the music crap, u bet ur *** I'm torrenting, I'm not gonna pay for a song that will eventually get deleted after the song is played out

Yea, I have to agree. These artist are defiantly not hurting from people downloading music for free. What about back in the day when you use to record your favorite songs from the radio onto a cassette tape? Have you gone back and given that artist money? Have you ever seen two movies when you only paid for one?

You can justify it it however you want, it is still theft to download music off torrents. Do artists find other ways to make money? Sure they do.

Stealing a dollar from a millionaire is exactly the same as stealing from a guy with ten bucks, no matter how you try to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    You can justify it it however you want, it is still theft to download music off torrents. Do artists find other ways to make money? Sure they do.

Stealing a dollar from a millionaire is exactly the same as stealing from a guy with ten bucks, no matter how you try to spin it.
    Ease up on the morals, no one cares anyway. You're not gonna go to Heaven because you're too righteous to torrent a song >_>

So I take it that you don't have mywi installed on your phone? If you do then you are stealing $20 a month from AT&T. That's $20 a month they are supposed to be getting from you for tethering. I hope you haven't made your own ringtones through iTunes because your supposed to pay for those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Ease up on the morals, no one cares anyway. You're not gonna go to Heaven because you're too righteous to torrent a song >_>
    Please. Obviously you do or you wouldn't respond. You have no idea if I download torrents or not. What annoys me is when people have to give stupid reasons to justify why it is not stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrius777 View Post
    So I take it that you don't have mywi installed on your phone? If you do then you are stealing $20 a month from AT&T. That's $20 a month they are supposed to be getting from you for tethering. I hope you haven't made your own ringtones through iTunes because your supposed to pay for those as well.
    Completely different situations. There is nothing in your contract saying you must pay for ringtones, and I pay ATT for an unlimited data plan.