Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS Lion Contains Hidden Tribute to Steve Jobs in “All My Files” Icon

Threaded View

Default Mac OS Lion Contains Hidden Tribute to Steve Jobs in “All My Files” Icon

Mac OS Lion looks like it will be a very impressive update when it’s released this summer. A new feature called “All My Files” allows you to see all of your files in one place and can then be organized by file kind, date created, or the last time the file was opened. The icon for this app is rather small onscreen, however, a larger version can be found hiding inside the operating system. It contains a hidden tribute to Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, if you look hard enough.

The icon includes sections for Today, Yesterday and Last Week. If you look closely, however, there is text on the individual pages that include memorable quotes from Steve Jobs. The pages aren’t large enough to include the entire text of what Steve Jobs said at the time, but there is enough of it there to get a general idea of what he was talking about.

Reading from front to back, the quotes include memorable moments from Steve’s past. For your enjoyment and so you don’t have to squint at the text on the image above, here’s what he had to say:

“In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains of the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. Design is the fundamental…”

“A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose…”

“You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it…”

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the…”

“How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song…”

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is…”

“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works…”

If you would like to find out more about what Steve had to say at the time, then head on over to AppleiGuide for a compete transcript. An Apple programmer must have gone to quite a bit of trouble designing such a cleaver and subtle salute to Steve. I’ve always enjoyed finding little Easter eggs such as this and now the rest of the world can enjoy this one too.

Source: TUAW
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 12-22-2012 at 10:39 AM.