Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS Lion Contains Hidden Tribute to Steve Jobs in “All My Files” Icon

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jobs

Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
    I'm going to go ahead and call BS on Jobs. Because he is definitely describing jailbreaking[ers] right there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lombardo Joe For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (03-05-2011), theimapwnu (03-03-2011)

Lol Jobs thinks he is a philosopher. He is just a greedy CEO, and yes I'm a democrat

This reminds me of the TextEdit icon

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and call BS on Jobs. Because he is definitely describing jailbreaking[ers] right there.
    +1000

heres to us

keep doing what u do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to theimapwnu For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (03-05-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

Mac OS Lion looks like it will be a very impressive update when it’s released this summer. A new feature called “All My Files” allows you to see all of your files in one place and can then be organized by file kind, date created, or the last time the file was opened.

So the way i see it, this is Apple's version of the Windows Library feature... nice to see that they are really coming out with new features ... ones that have been incorporated into Windows OSes for some time, like TRIM support... shocking that this wasn't included in the OS seeing as Apple have been shipping SSDs with their products for some time... i'm sure glad i didn't buy a Mac with an SSD...

but let me guess... i'm gonna be branded a Microsoft fanboi just for pointing out that they are quite clearly copying other companies ideas... and YES, sometimes other companies come up with innovative ideas BEFORE Apple / Steve Jobs... and please don't say that Apple will do it "right" because the Library feature of Windows 7 is pretty much perfect already thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by zyb View Post
    So the way i see it, this is Apple's version of the Windows Library feature...
    An awful ****** version of it maybe.. there is no need to see all of your files in one place if you have a properly working search engine.. this is nonsensical. Libraries are to combine multiple related folders into one place, and is still a poor implementation since there isn't a good way for apps to reference their location in a 'normal' manner such as a mapped drive or virtual folder.

Apple's version is just a flattening of the entire directory structure on your hard drive, which is useless! This is so nonsensical in fact, it was shown as a feature in a video by The Onion years ago! Apple must have taken that one to heart.. don't be surprised if the MacBook Wheel hits shelves soon!

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I love SJobs quotes! Very cool

Pretty cool, I would read through them sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12