+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cloud Files Found in OS X Lion, Could Be The Evolution of iDisk

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
9to5 Mac has just stated that they've found some interesting new icons in Mac OS X Lion that may reveal a part of Apple's new plan for MobileMe, which is
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Cloud Files Found in OS X Lion, Could Be The Evolution of iDisk

9to5 Mac has just stated that they've found some interesting new icons in Mac OS X Lion that may reveal a part of Apple's new plan for MobileMe, which is currently MIA.

There seems to be a folder and sidebar icon which looks specifically designed for cloud documents. This would obviously be a place for a user to store whatever documents they choose and store them on the cloud, similar to what MobileMe's iDisk currently does. This however, seems to be a bit more like popular service Dropbox, as there is the file icon, along with the sidebar shortcut in finder. The files are labeled "MobileDocumentsFolder.icns, Mobile Documents 32.png and SidebarMobileDocumentsFolder.icns."

This seems like an elegant evolution from the current iDisk logos. It's possible that this is simply could be a re-naming of the iDisk feature, but we suspect there's something more to this. We may have to wait until closer to this summer to find out, but I would be surprised if we got some more information on this as soon as the March 2nd event, where Apple will introduce the next generation iPad.

Source:
    9to5Mac
    image:9to5Mac

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Can't wait for the event next week!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nkapoor124's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Can't wait for the event next week!
    Same here can't wait!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I hope they really have some nice cloud integration

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully Lion will run on our old systems unlike Snow - I have to force it into 32x in order for it to run smoothly. The 64x mode was too labor intensive on my puny little 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo + 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Honestly... You really need at least 4GB of RAM in order to use the computer freely

- ie running: Finder, Mail, Safari, iTunes, Gimp2, Bowtie, and MS word at the same time LOL!

Thanks

iDisk? You mean that thing 1/10000 people used?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really hoping they do free file backup! We pay big bucks for our iMacs and MacBooks, we should get some basic file features back.
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

To the Cloud! I think we're in for some big announcements

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had made myself and follow my instinct to get involved in MacBook Air solid state something, but i haven't tell myself that i don't have any regrets buying this peace. there are nothing new features for any updates i smiled and happy about. what thin as everyone else? lightweight as everyone else? what's good features that have given me while my friend HP window 7 home premium doing best of everything just less than 600 dollars. 1799 dollars for thinnest laptop and lightweight have ever built? i don't care thick as a main door of my house macbook air just fast and reliable and less than 600 dollars HP window 7 faster performance , NOT 1799 dollars look at 600 dollars faster than my macbook air!. i bought these june 2010 a lil gift myself i thought it will good for me to have but really no recommendation for me to friends i know to buy this kind off laptop for 1799 dollars for what? if apple would agree to give me my money back i will return this peace, then as i wake up tomorrow morning ill go with 99cents because that's how looked at this worth for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alvin962001 View Post
    i had made myself and follow my instinct to get involved in MacBook Air solid state something, but i haven't tell myself that i don't have any regrets buying this peace. there are nothing new features for any updates i smiled and happy about. what thin as everyone else? lightweight as everyone else? what's good features that have given me while my friend HP window 7 home premium doing best of everything just less than 600 dollars. 1799 dollars for thinnest laptop and lightweight have ever built? i don't care thick as a main door of my house macbook air just fast and reliable and less than 600 dollars HP window 7 faster performance , NOT 1799 dollars look at 600 dollars faster than my macbook air!. i bought these june 2010 a lil gift myself i thought it will good for me to have but really no recommendation for me to friends i know to buy this kind off laptop for 1799 dollars for what? if apple would agree to give me my money back i will return this peace, then as i wake up tomorrow morning ill go with 99cents because that's how looked at this worth for me.
    I didnt understand a damn thing you just said.

I think it was about how you hate your MacBook air and it's performance. You should of done a little research before you spent $1700. The MacBook air isn't for power performance, it's for portability. It performs very well for what it was designed to do. Don't complain about the price, it's an Apple the have an elite price tag for the elite person. Lol. Just kidding apple stuff always cost more then others but it's worth it to me because all my macs have outlasted all my friends PCs. I still have a functioning centris 610 that I have never had to repair and I have had it sence it was brand new. (Feb 1993). IMO Apple superior hardware is worth the premium price.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I hope they really have some nice cloud integration
    me too, i want more that just another dropbox
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!