+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Power & Magic:" What's in the Lion Dev Preview

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I have a few questions for people. Does anyone know how to. 1. Re-order apps in Launch Control. 2. Initiate fullscreen apps (or is this just app dependent at the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a few questions for people. Does anyone know how to.

1. Re-order apps in Launch Control.
    2. Initiate fullscreen apps (or is this just app dependent at the moment?)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I believe you are referring to LaunchPad correct? I just click and drag the apps and I can move them wherever I want. Not sure about fullscreen apps, haven't tried any yet.

On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but you can close apps just like you traditionally would; even though the indicator on the dock is gone, if you know an app is running and you right click the icon in the dock, you get an option to quit the app. Maybe this was common sense for most, but the way it was being reported in all the rumors/updates they made it sound as if you would not be allowed to actually shut down apps anymore. Its nice to know you still can.

And man is the scrolling taking some getting used to after how many years of the old way; the new way does seem more intuitive though, I'm sure after a bit I'll like it better than the old method.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geiman View Post
    I believe you are referring to LaunchPad correct? I just click and drag the apps and I can move them wherever I want. Not sure about fullscreen apps, haven't tried any yet.

On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but you can close apps just like you traditionally would; even though the indicator on the dock is gone, if you know an app is running and you right click the icon in the dock, you get an option to quit the app. Maybe this was common sense for most, but the way it was being reported in all the rumors/updates they made it sound as if you would not be allowed to actually shut down apps anymore. Its nice to know you still can.

And man is the scrolling taking some getting used to after how many years of the old way; the new way does seem more intuitive though, I'm sure after a bit I'll like it better than the old method.
    I meant more moving an app from one "screen" to another in Launchpad. For some reason I have 6 launchpad screens some of which only have one app on them, I don't know how it organises it all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twimfy View Post
    I meant more moving an app from one "screen" to another in Launchpad. For some reason I have 6 launchpad screens some of which only have one app on them, I don't know how it organises it all.
    Right, you mean the screen where you select an app to open right? Like in iOS? You just drag the icon to the side of the screen and it moves it to the next screen. I had two pages of apps, then everything else was just one app to a screen, so I moved them all together. Instead of having 15 pages with only one app, I now have 4 pages of apps consolidated.

Also, anyone running it on a Macbook (pro)? I think I found a bug. On mine, sometimes when I let it sit idle long enough that it turns off the screen (I have it configured so that it won't sleep when plugged in) the backlight on the keyboard will still increase/decrease with changes in lighting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to geiman For This Useful Post:

Twimfy (02-27-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geiman View Post
    Right, you mean the screen where you select an app to open right? Like in iOS? You just drag the icon to the side of the screen and it moves it to the next screen. I had two pages of apps, then everything else was just one app to a screen, so I moved them all together. Instead of having 15 pages with only one app, I now have 4 pages of apps consolidated.

Also, anyone running it on a Macbook (pro)? I think I found a bug. On mine, sometimes when I let it sit idle long enough that it turns off the screen (I have it configured so that it won't sleep when plugged in) the backlight on the keyboard will still increase/decrease with changes in lighting.
    Thanks. I did try that, tried it again and it works I just have to wait a really long time for them to move screens.

I've just realised that Lion now allows 64-bit kernel to be enabled on my Macbook 6,1 wondered why it was a bit quicker.

Bug found: Sleep doesn't work. Sleep light comes on but the screen is still switched on. All it does is start the screen saver.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Anyone else's Fans not responding to increases in Temperature?
    In Lion, my fans just stay at ~2000rpm, but even when the CPU temp increases they don't go any faster.
    I reset the SMC but no change. Thank god I noticed it when my CPU Temp was at 80 degrees celsius.
    Not gonna be able to use Lion really until thats fixed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What processor do you have? 80 degrees celsius is pretty normal, at least for my gen 5,2 macbook pro. My fans don't kick on (loudly at least) until it gets closer to 90. With all the development I do, my laptop spends a good bit of time around 100 degrees. I think you'll be fine at 80.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I have noticed some extra heat while running Lion also. I have also noticed tht it takes about 3 times as long to shut down. The HD just keeps spinning!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet icant wait for this update
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234