Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's What We Know About the New MacBook Pros

I don't even have one yet but I'm thinking tomorrow I will....... Anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but let's say a windows machine and a Mac have comparable specs... For instance, 4 gigs of memory... I'm sure I'm exaggerating but the windows machine will use 3 gigs of that memory just to run the operating system where as iOS, on Mac machines, is much more efficient and there is more memory for you...and that's just one example.... I can't tell you how many times I've " cleaned" my Sony so it will run smoother and not lock up... I am willing now to pay more for a smooth and efficient machine... Anyone: I have 14 inch vaio, w7, i3, 500g, 4g mem. For sale... Ha ha

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Slightly off topic I know but out of interest, how much would be a reasonable price to sell my MacBook Pro?
    Bought September 2009 but in Mint Condition
    Unibody 15" Display
    2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo 3MB L2 Cache
    8GB RAM 1066Mhz (2x4GB)
    nVidia GeForce 9400M + 9400GT 256MB
    320GB 5400rpm HDD
    8x SuperDrive
    2xUSB, 1xFireWire 800, 1xMiniDisplay Port, SD Card Slot, 1GB Ethernet, Wifi-N, Audio I/O, iSight
    Battery Health 96% (Gets about 5.5-6 Hours of non-CPU intensive work from a full charge)

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    I don't even have one yet but I'm thinking tomorrow I will....... Anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but let's say a windows machine and a Mac have comparable specs... For instance, 4 gigs of memory... I'm sure I'm exaggerating but the windows machine will use 3 gigs of that memory just to run the operating system where as iOS, on Mac machines, is much more efficient and there is more memory for you...and that's just one example.... I can't tell you how many times I've " cleaned" my Sony so it will run smoother and not lock up... I am willing now to pay more for a smooth and efficient machine... Anyone: I have 14 inch vaio, w7, i3, 500g, 4g mem. For sale... Ha ha
    Depends on the version of Windows, but none will use anywhere near 3GB for just the OS. Mac's use Mac OS X, not iOS too btw I find that when I boot up my MacBook Pro that about 700MB is deducted from my "free" RAM if that helps answer your question
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 02-23-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Depends on the version of Windows, but none will use anywhere near 3GB for just the OS. Mac's use Mac OS X, not iOS too btw I find that when I boot up my MacBook Pro that about 700MB is deducted from my "free" RAM if that helps answer your question
    Your right.... OS X... Sorry. And yes I was exaggerating on the OS memory use only to make a point...lol

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Not believing the rumors til I physically see them. But, I gots to get me one of the new one's!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Still hoping for serious graphics cards! My 9400GT just doesn't cut it with today's games

Thanks

I need an upgrade! Only they add a better graphics card...this doesn't cut it yet. At least I have a PC.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Well, I intend to buy a high-end 15". The last I used a Mac was six years ago, heh. Hopefully, it is a somewhat decent improvement over the previous generation (2010).

I probably should wait for the Back to School event, but assuming it is the usual get a free iPod Touch, then I can sacrifice that for the benefit of getting the Macbook Pro now.

Annnnnnd... Hopefully, they will update the website tomorrow for the new Macbooks lol...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

mispost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Notice the box doesn't say anything about a 16GB SSD for the boot drive. That would be a massive let down... or possibly a factory upgrade option?...

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Notice the box doesn't say anything about a 16GB SSD for the boot drive. That would be a massive let down... or possibly a factory upgrade option?...
    Yes your right. I agree that would be a huge let down if it's not standard on all of them

Anyone know if I will be able to buy one at midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno615 View Post
    Anyone know if I will be able to buy one at midnight?
    I would say there is a safe bet that if the MBP is updated on Thursday you probably have a very good chance of being able to order around midnight or shortly after midnight Pacific Time. (Apple Online Store usually goes down for around 30 minutes prior to a new product or edit to the store)
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    The picture is a FAKE. Just look at the label on the box that says "2.3 GHz". I highly doubt Apple is downgrading processors now...

Someone used photoshop on this one.
    Agreed. Plus, why does the Thunderbolt port look exactly like the current Mini Display port? Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by friscosooner View Post
    I finally gave MicroLimp the finger last month and switched to an MBP 13". I have had no regrets. My POS HP Vista machine took forever to boot. This takes less than one minute. I have not had to reboot once since I bought it. iTunes flies compared to a PC. The machine itself flies. Admittedly, my Vista machine was over two years old, but it wasn't that out of date.

When I want to watch a movie on my flat screen I just plug in my adapter and the movie plays. No need to mess around with several settings like in Windows to make everything work right.
    My PC is 4 years old and is lightening fast. It's all about how you take care of them. Just like anything else.

I would say there is a safe bet that if the MBP is updated on Thursday you probably have a very good chance of being able to order around midnight or shortly after midnight Pacific Time. (Apple Online Store usually goes down for around 30 minutes prior to a new product or edit to the store)
    That was my guess as well. I tried calling the 5th Ave store (NYC), but all they could tell me was that no major products are released without an announcement. (He might have thought I was talking about the iPad maybe?)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really hoping for a SSD to boot-up on; right now my MBP takes 30 seconds to load completely which is awesome, but a SSD boot would be even better

Anyone interested in a 3 month old MBP, 15-inch 2.66 GHz i7?? 3 yrs of Apple Care, brand new condition?? Selling it for at least $300 less than I paid for it in the store!

Thunderbolt. sounds fake. bland. doesn't fit.
    killall Terminal[]

Well it's about 4am EST. So much for that.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I hope it has the os ssd

Quote Originally Posted by norfskate View Post
    Heeeeeeadin ged!
    Totally agree. Proper heeeeeeeeeeedin!!!!!

Rammmmmmmmmit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast