Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hush-Hush Apple Retail Employee Meeting Rumored for Weekend

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Hush-Hush Apple Retail Employee Meeting Rumored for Weekend

Apple is reportedly planning a top-secret meeting among its retail employees this weekend. Gary Allen of ifoAppleStore.com says the meeting is so sensitive in nature that retail employees are currently in the process of signing non-disclosure agreements ahead of this weekend's pow-wow.

Individuals privy to the unfolding events inside Apple report that the push for non-disclosure signatures began in earnest yesterday. While such practices are not uncommon, it is believed that Apple retail employees unwilling or unable to sign the form will be excluded from the meetings taking place across the Apple retail store landscape, most likely, this weekend. Despite initial speculation that the meeting was originally scheduled for last weekend, it now appears that such reports were premature.

So what's this hush-hush meeting all about? Understandably, there is a large basket full of possible reasons for the employee meeting. We're hearing what others - including our friends at Apple Insider - have also heard today. Most likely, the scheduled meeting will revolve around a new in-store initiative or service, rather than a new product. Of course, when it comes to Apple, no idea can ever be removed from the table, particularly given the influx of reports we've seen this week that a "product event" is in the works and may be formally announced at any time.

Source: ifoAppleStore

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

drog92 (02-22-2011), reaves205 (02-22-2011)

Who cares that they are having a meeting!! It could be to talk about new investments of some sort of dielectric grease too. All this speculation is reDICKulous

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    Who cares that they are having a meeting!! It could be to talk about new investments of some sort of dielectric grease too. All this speculation is reDICKulous
    All the writers do on this site is speculate. Every once in awhile you will read an article based in fact, but most of the time they're just spreading rumors. I still like ModMyi though. It's a fun and entertaining site and a lot of the rumors actually end up being true in the end.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well i guess it is also the fact that the apple retail sellers got a crate of sealed items that they cant open or know what is in them

and if you dont like that they are just having a meeting, then why did you take the time to comment on this thread? michael is one of the best staff writers here....
    Last edited by drog92; 02-22-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Write something good I getting tired of this only speculation about you guys don't show or write nothing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well i guess it is also the fact that the apple retail sellers got a crate of sealed items that they cant open or know what is in them

and if you dont like that they are just having a meeting, then why did you take the time to comment on this thread? michael is one of the best staff writers here....

Quote Originally Posted by Notangel74 View Post
    Write something good I getting tired of this only speculation about you guys don't show or write nothing
    and same for you too.... just dont look at it

I LAWLing *AT* you.

Questions with no question marks, an illogical statement about the likelyhood of it being an investment discussion with NON INVESTORS (as if you are better at guessing than the editor! Puh-leeze), and a deliberate misspelling of "ridiculous" that makes it clear that you don't know how to spell it when you aren't trying to make some insult. Oh, and it's an insult FAIL too: Just who are you calling a cock?

That said, I fixed a PC with dielectric grease once. I'm completely serious: the built-in VGA port wasn't working and the grease fixed it.

I'd rather know that the meeting is being planned than not know.
    Last edited by CZroe; 02-22-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In no way am I bashing the writer, Im merely stating that the articles aren't reporting anything useful or are incomplete. You mention the "secret crate" that no one knows whats in it. There is no mention of that in this article, is there? I would have to read a few articles down to gather that information, then put 2 and 2 together, then SPECULATE that the articles coincide with each other.

Thats more my point than anything. Sorry if you were butt hurt by my comment, that was not the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    I LAWLing *AT* you.

Questions with no question marks, an illogical statement about the likelyhood of it being an investment discussion with NON INVESTORS (as if you are better at guessing than the editor! Puh-leeze), and a deliberate misspelling of "ridiculous" that makes it clear that you don't know how to spell it when you aren't trying to make some insult. Oh, and it's an insult FAIL too: Just who are you calling a cock?

That said, I fixed a PC with dielectric grease once. I'm completely serious: the built-in VGA port wasn't working and the grease fixed it.

It wasn't a question, more of a statement. The investing in dielectric grease comment was my example of speculation, I guess that went over your head. I don't feel the need to comment on your statement about my spelling, but misspelled words get underlined so the correct spelling is just a right click away.
    Last edited by Turb02; 02-22-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i know what the meting is about
    Steve finally decided to cash in on the fruit market and is going to start selling granny smith apples

Thanks

OK here is the deal. NDA's don't do anything, I even had to sign one when I worked for Sprint and attended a meeting about the Palm Pre. I have no idea why I needed to sign an NDA since all the info we got was already on Palm's website.

The point I am trying to make, companies do not trust low level employees with information they don't want released. So if it's someone you or I can talk to then they don't know anything we don't know and something they company really doesn't care if anybody knows.

Let's have some common sense people. Even apple retail managers don't know any special information, as I stated anyone you could talk to doesn't know anything. They only trust the secret information to people making at least 6 figures.

In fact, I work for a verizon call center as a supervisor and I can't tell you how many times I was asked to reveal "secret info about the iphone". We didn't know anything, they didn't even tell us, we found out when the news aired the press conference. They couldn't even tell us what the event was the morning of the event. So stop trying to make stories out of nothing, employees don't know what the public doesn't know.
    If you don't like it, MOD IT!

Not exactly top secret any more is it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was about Steve Job's health and plans for a new CEO. Let's keep out chins up though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragon7034 View Post

Are you SERIOUS?!?! WE. Now that comment is news worthy! OMG, I mean really?!?!

Come on, write something good, enough speculation about! He getting tired of this! You guy's don't show or write NOTHING!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

It's probably a meeting about having meetings.

Another Essany fact filled piece, i'm only surprised he didn't use this vaguest of information to announce that Apple had started a space program so it could install connected tv sets complete with airplay in the international space station.
    Last edited by chillihound; 02-22-2011 at 02:11 PM.

It wasn't a question, more of a statement. The investing in dielectric grease comment was my example of speculation, I guess that went over your head. I don't feel the need to comment on your statement about my spelling, but misspelled words get underlined so the correct spelling is just a right click away.
    That's no excuse for not knowing that "ridicule" doesn't start with "re" just because you changed the suffix.

I *want* the rumors. I *want* to draw my own conclusions. Often time, I may even *want* to put 2 and 2 together myself.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (02-22-2011)

That's no excuse for not knowing that "ridicule" doesn't start with "re" just because you changed the suffix.

I *want* the rumors. I *want* to draw my own conclusions. Often time, I may even *want* to put 2 and 2 together myself.
    Seerously? Duud, STFU abuot speeling! If I winted to speell it corectly, I wold hav. Thees form dosent ned an intirnet speeling teecher, so leeve, or leeve it alon!

Its fine and dandy if you *want* to, and thats your decision/opinion. My comment was my opinion/decision to make. Thats what an open forum is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    All the writers do on this site is speculate. Every once in awhile you will read an article based in fact, but most of the time they're just spreading rumors. I still like ModMyi though. It's a fun and entertaining site and a lot of the rumors actually end up being true in the end.
    A l'il speculation never hurt anyone. It's the pretentious elitist few that spoil the site...

I LAWLing *AT* you.

I bet you feel better now. Huh? You feel better after that, l'il guy? Huh? Do you? Huh? Look how cool you are. Someday I wish I could be as e-cool as you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast