Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
Why am I reading all of this comments? This isn't getting better. Or perhaps, jailbreaking should rot to death due to arrogant and ignorant users....
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM #121
Why am I reading all of this comments? This isn't getting better. Or perhaps, jailbreaking should rot to death due to arrogant and ignorant users.Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM #122
02-22-2011, 05:42 PM #123
02-22-2011, 06:13 PM #124
Give the money to charity like helping kids, something a bit more worth while
Yeah so jailbreaking is handy and then what ?
Last edited by lordz; 02-22-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM #125
Unfortunately, I fail to see your point. Obnoxious? Sure, but it does seem that a disproportionately large number of people at the top of their various fields also share that trait, when compared to the norm.
Your second point loses me altogether. Getting caught? That implies he was trying to commit such acts anonymously and/or was trying to evade any accountability whatsoever for it; both of which he absolutely could have accomplished if he had truly wanted to.
Of course this community would exist without George, but I think you underestimate how significantly different the landscape of it would be. It isn't as if he just got lucky and found us an exploit and then slipped off into oblivion. Let's take a look at what he has contributed:
- Published the first iPhone hardware unlock.
- Published the first iPhone hardware unlock for bootloader 4.6
- Software unlocked BL 4.6 via Minus 0x20000 with Back Extend Erase.
- Found the AT+stkprof vulnerability in baseband 2.28.00.
- Independently found the BL 5.8 exploit.
- Found the iBoot Environment Variable Overflow exploit.
- Released purplera1n, which used said exploit.
- Released purplesn0w, an X-Gold 608 unlock for 4.26.08.
- Independently found the usb_control_msg(0x21, 2) Exploit.
- Released blackra1n, which used said exploit.
- Discovered how to exploit AT+XEMN (but did not discover the crash)
- Released blacksn0w, which used said exploit to unlock X-Gold 608 firmware 5.11.07.
- Released limera1n.
That's just my two cents, but I prefer to stick with the facts rather than making assumptions. Then again, what do I know, I'm just another young kid with way too much free time on my hands and no social skills whatsoever.
The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:
Lombardo Joe (02-22-2011)
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM #126
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM #127
02-23-2011, 06:47 AM #128
02-23-2011, 12:36 PM #129Lets all Boycott Sony
Lets all boycott Sony, for as long as Sony pursues this issue, letís stop buying they products, we donít need sonyís products any way, because Samsung and every body else is making better products than Sony nowadays. Lets get the word out all over the web, get the whole community involve and stop this Goliath from crushing us little guys.
02-24-2011, 12:39 AM #130
02-24-2011, 12:41 AM #131
02-24-2011, 12:42 AM #132
02-24-2011, 02:50 PM #133
02-27-2011, 07:28 PM #134
No matter how many "rounds of donations" he needs I will always gonna support brilliants minds like his, we owe him more than a little donation, its my opinion.