+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 134

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Geohot Raises Big Bucks Over The Weekend, Ends Donation Program for Now

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
...of what? the computer science club?
...
  1. #81
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ...of what?

    the computer science club?

  2. #82
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    You do realize that GP had just as many issues too, right?

    Also, I'd suggest you go back and look at why he rushed the release of limera1n.
    you guys go ahead and keep caring about geohot i hope sony fries him, and he released it one day ahead of greenpois0n to get the fame and i say that becausegreenpois0n was supposed to release that sunday but no geohot released
    limera1n on that saturday which pushed greenpois0n back, it dont matter to me what people think about him hes a arrogant *******, and ill say it before you geohot sucks say it, im an arrogant ******* to, i suck, im just selfish, i should create a jailbreak/unlock myself, any other remarks cuzz i dont give a ****
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 02-21-2011 at 10:19 PM.

  3. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I think the HACK community owes at least a single donation if they have the $$ to give. He's given a lot of good and useful hacks and info for all of us to benefit from. Thank you in advanced GEO Hot!
    Except not really. Who are you to speak for me? Or anyone else. I don't OWE anyone anything. Really pi55es me off ppl saying crap like tha uquoted above. Just out of curiosity though, how much have YOU given?

  4. #84
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Also, the whole limera1n being buggy thing...he may have been an @ss to release it pre-emptively, but that pushed the other devs to fix it up and release a less buggy jb tool. It got some people the jb they wanted earlier. Not just that but all jailbreaks are buggy, some less than others, but nonethless still. GP on 4.2.1 took me 3 tries to work and that was also released buggy. They fixed it along the way, at first it wasn't even working for the first batch of Mac users.

    It's not to say jb is not possible without him, it's just to say he contributes largely to it.
    agreed but y donate to him he released **** in his name for the fame of figuring it out, its not our fault

  5. #85
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    you guys go ahead and keep caring about geohot i hope sony fries him, and he released it one day ahead of greenpois0n to get the fame and i say that because greenpois0n was supposed to release that sunday but no geohot released it on a saturday which pushed greenpois0n back, it dont matter to me what people think about him hes a arrogant *******, and ill say it before you geohot sucks say it, im an arrogant ******* to, i suck, im just selfish, i should create a jailbreak/unlock myself, any other remarks cuzz i dont give a ****
    Does it really matter? We got a jailbreak...a more STABLE easier to use jailbreak a day early. I think those on both sides of the jailbreak developers/"hackers" are egotistical brats. Appreciate my jailbreak but they are still ALL a bunch of soppy muppets.

  6. #86
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Does it really matter? We got a jailbreak...a more STABLE easier to use jailbreak a day early. I think those on both sides of the jailbreak developers/"hackers" are egotistical brats. Appreciate my jailbreak but they are still ALL a bunch of soppy muppets.
    yea it does matter, because that my opinion and limera1n was not stable, and as far as being easier its not hard to put your phone in dfu mode and hit jailbreak, yes limera1n done it for you but really its dfu mode can it really be that hard?

  7. #87
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,740
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    For the love of everything good in this world, please tell me I'm hallucinating and you did not just put geohot and ROSA PARKS in the same sentence....................

    WOW.
    Like omg, I know, because I like totally said GeoHot is equal to Rosa Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Except not really. Who are you to speak for me? Or anyone else. I don't OWE anyone anything. Really pi55es me off ppl saying crap like tha uquoted above. Just out of curiosity though, how much have YOU given?
    When someone starts a statement with "I think..." it is blatantly obvious that the person is stating THEIR OPINION; nobody spoke for you. If things like that "pi55" you off, then I'd suggest you step away from the computer and devote more time to addressing the childish mentality you appear to have.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    you guys go ahead and keep caring about geohot i hope sony fries him, and he released it one day ahead of greenpois0n to get the fame and i say that becausegreenpois0n was supposed to release that sunday but no geohot released
    limera1n on that saturday which pushed greenpois0n back, it dont matter to me what people think about him hes a arrogant *******, and ill say it before you geohot sucks say it, im an arrogant ******* to, i suck, im just selfish, i should create a jailbreak/unlock myself, any other remarks cuzz i dont give a ****
    I'm pretty confident that Posixninja, Pod2G, and the rest the Chronic-Dev Team responsible for GP don't even "hope Sony fries him." Must be hard having to be angry and emotional on the behalf of others.
    Last edited by mortopher; 02-21-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #88
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Like omg, I know, because I like totally said GeoHot is equal to Rosa Parks.



    When someone starts a statement with "I think..." it is blatantly obvious that the person is stating THEIR OPINION; nobody spoke for you. If things like that "pi55" you off, then I'd suggest you step away from the computer and devote more time to addressing the childish mentality you appear to have.


    I'm pretty confident that even Posixninja, Pod2G, and the rest the Chronic-Dev Team don't even "hope Sony fries him." Must be
    hard having to be angry and emotional on the behalf of others.
    ok so sony shouldnt push this because everyone has the right to do what they want with thier stuff is basically what the main argument is here, so for now on when i buy a theme or app im going to crack/leak it over on sinful or ei because i paid for it so does that give me the right? according to the arguments in this forum then yes it does and i cant get cant banned correct because that was my right, so noone can get "angry and emotional" at me ok i guess that works

  9. #89
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,903
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Well are you stealing from Apple/Sony? Jailbreaking isn't about stealing (though we know some people do it). It's modifying your phone/ps3 to be more open and free to your own taste.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    cheesehotdog (02-22-2011)

  11. #90
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    alot of people steal from the iphone just like alot of people are pirating games which is stealing from sony/game creators

  12. #91
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,903
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    But that isn't WHY jailbreaking is made to happen. So you're saying we the ones who don't steal should stop jailbreaking. We should just quit this whole site and be happy with stock iPhones. I mean I can do that, but why would I want to? I don't jb to steal things, I have so many cool free jb things on my iPhone that I can't seem to let go of.

    You make a valid point, but I bought my iPhone, I spent lots of money on it so I should be able to jb it. And cracked warez is stealing from devs, not Apple. Apple didn't make Cydia paid apps or app store apps for the most part, people who steal which is still wrong are not stealing from Apple.

  13. #92
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    agree but at the same time if i created something ex ps3 and someone cracked it i would be a mad dude and i dont want him to go to jail that not what i meant by hope he fries but it would be nice to see a company cut him down a few knotches and care a lil bit more about the community instead of himself because all he wants is fame, just think if it was vice versa do you all honestly think he would help you out no he wouldnt he would laugh because it wouldnt of been him

  14. #93
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,903
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Was that English?
    Let's play a little nicer Mortopher, please

    Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    agree but at the same time if i created something ex ps3 and someone cracked it i would be a mad dude and i dont want him to go to jail that not what i meant by hope he fries but it would be nice to see a company cut him down a few knotches and care a lil bit more about the community instead of himself because all he wants is fame, just think if it was vice versa do you all honestly think he would help you out no he wouldnt he would laugh because it wouldnt of been him
    I think there's 2 ways to look at it. I'm happy for my free jb and he has been a large part of it, but I'm not going to deny he can be a little punk too.

    I can agree with your point of view very easily, but I feel more strongly that he's just a kid, he may be a pain in the @ss in some ways but suing isn't necessary. How much can a kid pay a big corporation? Point proven that if Sony wins, Geo lost and it won't look good. I don't hope for him to win or lose, I just hope he gets through it without too much damage.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 02-21-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #94
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Was that English?
    edit
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 02-21-2011 at 11:47 PM.

  16. #95
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,740
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    agree but at the same time if i created something ex ps3 and someone cracked it i would be a mad dude and i dont want him to go to jail that not what i meant by hope he fries but it would be nice to see a company cut him down a few knotches and care a lil bit more about the community instead of himself because all he wants is fame, just think if it was vice versa do you all honestly think he would help you out no he wouldnt he would laugh because it wouldnt of been him
    If you're going to write "random number" code so that it equals a fixed constant every single time, then you have to be more mad at yourself.

    The guy may be a bit of a narcissist, but it's a shame that you let your personal grudges and opinions about him blind you to the fact that this case isn't simply about punishing George Hotz, and that the outcome of this case will certainly impact you as a user of jailbroken iDevice(s).

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Let's play a little nicer Mortopher, please
    Coherent thoughts and elementary punctuation are all I'm asking for :P
    Last edited by mortopher; 02-21-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #96
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,903
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    I know just trying to keep you out of trouble.

  18. #97
    iPhoneaholic x2dope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 347 Times in 148 Posts

    I agree we should support geohot in his case, I dont agree with some people who are backing him up now just to b**ch cry and complain when he delays a release of a jailbreak or decides he doesnt want to jailbreak again. A lot of you will be back on the hate wagon when this is all said and done and geohot says screw you jailbreakers (which he can do if he wants) this isnt meant to piss people off just a fact of life...when people dont get what they want when they want it they complain cry and throw tantrums

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x2dope For This Useful Post:

    Lombardo Joe (02-22-2011), sh33436 (02-24-2011)

  20. #98
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    But I have to say with all that money he needs a haircut
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

    iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

  21. #99
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pyroemaniac View Post
    Not to rain on your high and mighty parade, but are you really so ignorant to say that there were alternative jailbreaks? Greenpois0n still uses a modified version of Limera1n and this isn't the first time that they have used his code to release a jailbreak. Yes they did change some things and make it more stable but they had a team working on it and Geohot is just one person doing all of that incredible work.

    Now for the part about hackers keeping their identities a secret and Geohot being the only one to take the fame... you probably wont want to use Cydia anymore because a lil hacker by the name of Jay Freeman made that app that is probably the most well known hack store in the world. Like i said not trying to talk down to you but please make sure to understand what you are saying before you say it.


    P.S. I'm glad you at least donated to something in the end, thats what really matters
    I get where y'all are coming from and I understand, guess I didn't took jay as an example
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

    iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

  22. #100
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    You probably think that Rosa Parks was just a stubborn b1tch too, don't ya?
    Lol?!! Did you just compare the two, but anyways she was stubborn, but she got her way.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

    iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts