Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stores Receiving Sealed Palettes of New Products as Soon as Monday

Default Apple Stores Receiving Sealed Pallets of New Products as Soon as Monday

The evidence is really starting to pile up that Apple is about to release new MacBook Pro models later this week. Over the weekend Apple started informing some of its European retailers that they would be receiving sealed pallets of new products, as soon as Monday. Retailers were then told that the sealed pallets were not to be tampered with until an official announcement came from Apple. Any dealers caught opening these shipments beforehand could have their reseller licenses revoked by Apple. Monday is a holiday in the US, so these shipments will most likely go out on Tuesday here instead.

Recently, international Apple Stores have had ship times for MacBook Pros as long as 4 days. Now, the Apple Store in the U.S. show shipping delays of 3-5 business days for all MacBook Pro models. In the past, dwindling stocks indicate new product refreshes are right around the corner. Apple usually releases new products on Tuesdays, but all indications point to a Thursday release date instead. It is worth noting, however, that Thursday February 24, is also Apple CEO, Steve Jobs 56th birthday. I bet I know what he’s getting for his birthday this year.

In the past, Apple has had its freight carriers deliver new products days or even just hours before and official announcement. These shipments are often covered up with black plastic and sealed with tape reading “Apple Confidential.” The image above shows a concealed pallet from 2005 of new Power Mac about to be released. Shipping container such as this one are most likely on trucks heading for you local Apple reseller as this very moment (at the time of this writing). If you’ve been patiently waiting for the annual MacBook Pro refresh, then it looks like you won’t have to wait much longer.

Source: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 02-21-2011 at 03:22 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (02-21-2011), yentrog31 (02-21-2011)

can't wait to see what they have to offer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

I been thinking about getting the Air with my tax refund but will hold off til I see the specs on the new line.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

When is Apple's next Press conference?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

I'll ask next Monday at my local Apple Store if they received new MacBook's in a mysterious box. I'm planning on getting one next year, but I might wait mid-2012 instead of February 2012.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

What is expected of this new MacBook Pro? Speed bump? New display? Would be nice if they did something about the excess heat my 15'' produces!

My fiancés dad works for Fedex and usually makes several freight deliveries to apple a week, I asked him to keep his head up for any black wrapped pallets.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Man... I dont know about you guys but If I ever had access to anything that was all taped up in black and said "Apple Confidential" all over it, there would be NO WAY I'd be able to keep my hands to myself. Talk about temptations of the fles...uhh, hardware!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

F**kin Apple trying to treat their new products like a breach of national security if they are exposed.

Anyone caught tampering with the sealed pallets will be immediately met by rappelling Apple Special Forces agents and will be stabbed, shot, clubbed, burned, hanged, electrocuted, put in a capsule and shot into the nearest black hole in outer space.

When will they learn.....you can't keep anything from the people Apple. I thought you would have learned that with the iPhone 4 fiasco.

Why would the President's Day holiday stop shipments in the US? UPS and FEDEX still ship and deliver on most holidays. It's only the US Postal Service that shuts down for holidays.

Curious to see if Apple strips the optical drive from the MacBooks as some have suggested. Personally I think it's too early to do that. Plus that would make it a little difficult to get music from CDs you purchase or own into iTunes, or burning a DVD of those family photos & videos via iDVD.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    F**kin Apple trying to treat their new products like a breach of national security if they are exposed.

Anyone caught tampering with the sealed pallets will be immediately met by rappelling Apple Special Forces agents and will be stabbed, shot, clubbed, burned, hanged, electrocuted, put in a capsule and shot into the nearest black hole in outer space.

When will they learn.....you can't keep anything from the people Apple. I thought you would have learned that with the iPhone 4 fiasco.
    Hey they can. We still know crap on the iphone 5 Apple is just making rumors so we can eat them and in the mean time they keep it a secret. Still the iphone 4 was a drunk guy.
    Still i qoute your post because the black hole thing was epic hahaha

'put in a capsule and shot into the nearest black hole in outer space'

That black hole leads to where elvis and michael jackson and tupac are at

Obviously Apple can keep secrets because nobody is 100% sure whats in the pallets.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Exciting

Green Apple
    Thanks

so ready for a MBP, i want that flash memory tho, the speed on that is gonna be crazy, plus the hard ware of a 4 year gap (using the old white macbook) i cant wait, plus saving $200 for collage is gonna be awesome too

Thanks

Im waiting for the MacBookPro...hoping for SSD, plenty of RAM and SPEED :]

So i went back from the Future and here is the marketing add :

'' The new Macbook Pro - The next generation of macbooks ''

looks like they have finally opt for 2 new technologies actual apple users don't have, but please keep it a secret :

1- bluray (i wonder what it is...)
    2- Cydia store now available on Mac ! (YES !)

P.S : here its me in this video ; i present you the iPad 2 i just bought from the future : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1_r_61sk8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
    Last edited by goldsaint; 02-21-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: forgot to present myself

I had a dream about the new mbp after reading this last night.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Obviously Apple can keep secrets because nobody is 100% sure whats in the pallets.
    Yet.

And I'm sure the store manager knows what's in them. There must have been a shipping list or a manifest that accompanied the pallet along with its own personal Russian Assassin body guard.

It would be awesome if they were just filled with cupcakes for jobs's birthday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast