+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot Asks For Help from Hacker Backers via PayPal to Fight Sony

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
werent you the same guy that was crying like a little ***** when he wouldnt release greenpois0n? then you had your lips locked on his **** after he did? calling
    Thanks

werent you the same guy that was crying like a little ***** when he wouldnt release greenpois0n? then you had your lips locked on his **** after he did? calling him god?

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eman297 View Post
    We wouldnt lose cydia, they would have to get saurik for us to lose cydia but this case will be going on for years
    Don't be naive..... Saurik relys absolutely on people like GeoHot to provide a platform for Cydia..... last time I checked Cydias not worth anything without a Jailbreak!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Go geo!!!
    Yes he might be a bit cocky but IMO all those contributions to jb community free I think he's done enough I like sonys playstation line I have almost every one of them but the ability to run homebrew is awesome. I hope they loose the suit and allow the other os option back with legal home-brews as well as ban all those pirating hackers and those who spoil black ops for me :P

Thanks

To jailbreak and unlock he did it
    For all of us so let's do something for him like donate. So donate to geo hot for legal purpose

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gqgarnett View Post
    To jailbreak and unlock he did it
    For all of us so let's do something for him like donate. So donate to geo hot for legal purpose
    I will definitely throw in $100 but I am concerned paypal is going to freeze this account and grab the money.
    Think it would be better if he sets up a bank account through law firm and publish the acc number. Would be first in line but want to make sure I am helping his case against Sony and not making paypal rich.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    werent you the same guy that was crying like a little ***** when he wouldnt release greenpois0n? then you had your lips locked on his **** after he did? calling him god?
    When you know nothing you should say nothing. Every jb since iOS 4 including gp, lm, gp2, sb, rs etc all use Geohot botrom exploit.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    Again, I want to see proof that the string of characters are copyrighted or not. Where does it say its copyrighted? Just because someone from another post says its copyrighted does that make it? I want to hear from SONY not some ignorant *** just trying to act smart.
    Ok it may not be copyrighted but it's still not Geohots or anyone else's property other than Sony. He should have just kept it to himself to leaked it anonymously.
    You own the hardware, the software is simply licensed to you. He broke the DMCA and the PS3 EULA and he knew he was breaking both terms. Simple.

For anyone else here who is throwing hissys about how they're not going to "throw in a cent", you're pissing your freedom away. Have fun because in the future corporate companies are going to take over and take away your right to jailbreak, hack, and mod whatever device or computer you have. Hope you enjoy the future!
    More paranoid comments of a bleak future ruled by corporate fat-cats

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Justice 4 Geohot - don't buy Sony products, bought the t-shirt and have donated already. Not mainly because he is the sole reason for me owning (read: wanting) an iPhone as he released the JB to free it, but also because if Sony wins it will set a precedent that MUST NOT prevail for the sake of ALL CONSUMERS across product lines.

We cannot afford to have Geohot lose this case. Please read his blog, gather info, make up your mind and you should come to ONE conclusion = donate whatever little or much you can! Anything else is fascist in its deepest sense.
    They say jump, what do you say?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Ok it may not be copyrighted but it's still not Geohots or anyone else's property other than Sony. He should have just kept it to himself to leaked it anonymously.
    You own the hardware, the software is simply licensed to you. He broke the DMCA and the PS3 EULA and he knew he was breaking both terms. Simple.

More paranoid comments of a bleak future ruled by corporate fat-cats
    If it's not copyrighted then it's not illegal to leak it.

And it's not paranoia, it's the truth.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's funny to look at how geo is acting compared to how fail0verflow is acting. I like geo but when he went on tv and took credit for fail0verflows work I lost a lot of respect for him.

Green Apple
    Thanks

For anyone else here who is throwing hissys about how they're not going to "throw in a cent", you're pissing your freedom away. Have fun because in the future corporate companies are going to take over and take away your right to jailbreak, hack, and mod whatever device or computer you have. Hope you enjoy the future!
    If you really want to hurt these companies, you simply avoid buying their products and tell others why you refuse to buy them. I'd much rather donate to the Electronic Frontier Foundation or the Free Software Foundation than some young "hacktivist" who lacks the maturity to face the consequences of his own actions.

Granted, it's a moot point now that he's closed his donations - but the fact remains if you really want to make a difference, you need to attack companies like Sony not with hacking or jailbreaking, but by boycotting their products and educating others why they should do the same!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And it's not paranoia, it's the truth.
    Didn't know you could see the future haha
    How can you saying something that is speculation of the future is truth? Hilarious

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You don't have to distribute anything. Bypassing it alone is illegal. That is Sony's case. Sony is not accusing him of pirating. They are accusing him of circumventing the DCMA of the PS3.
    but the legal files say that "Mr. Hotz did NOT update his Playstation computer via PSN update, so he is not subject to the TOS."

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567