Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot Asks For Help from Hacker Backers via PayPal to Fight Sony

Thanks

I agree if I paid over $400 for my PS 3 then let me do what I want to do with it. If I want to pirate movies n watch them on my PS 3...LET ME..this is Bogus...and a waste of Tax payer Money.I jail broke my iphone AND ipad an I donated what little i could so basically say Thanks man for making realize my iphone AND ipad can do SO MUCH MORE.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

quick updated.
    "First round of donations is closed
    Thank you so so much for all of your help, things are looking up money wise. Expect to see a few more lawyers on my responses!
    I have enough to cover my legal fees for the time being, and in the absolute worst case scenario, we don't want Sony getting it :-P

For now, the best thing you can do is spread the word
    Let people know how Sony treats customers
    Let people know Sony would rather sue than be proactive and try to fix the problem
    Let people know about laws like the DMCA which stifle innovation, and don't do anything to fix the problems they were created to solve."
    source: geohot.com
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by cb22 View Post
    Give us a unlock for bb 02.10.04 and i'll donate!!!!
    Just to correct your idiocy, Geohot doesn't provide 'unlocks'. He 'jailbreaks', and does it well. They are 2 different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Give us an unlock for the iPhone 4 and I might donate
    Again. Unlocking and Jailbreaking are different. Geohot doesn't do Unlocks. iPhone 4 has been jailbroken. Not yet unlocked. Don't get petty, you selfish *****. The guy has done a lot for the jailbreaking community. Sony are just bullies. If Sony win this case then it will be a horrible downslope for consumer rights thereafter. Sony can't be allowed to win this!

I'll be donating, as soon as I get on to the website...it's blocked here in China.

Also, I don't own a PS3. This isn't about hacking a PS3 anymore. It's about standing up against bullies. Sticking together when it counts. We are the consumers. We are the people. We must have a voice. Support Geohot.
    Last edited by CatManDooo; 02-21-2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For honor!!!

Thanks

If I am correct, he was the first person to unlock the iPhone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDooo View Post
    Just to correct your idiocy, Geohot doesn't provide 'unlocks'. He 'jailbreaks', and does it well. They are 2 different things.

Again. Unlocking and Jailbreaking are different. Geohot doesn't do Unlocks. iPhone 4 has been jailbroken. Not yet unlocked. Don't get petty, you selfish *****. The guy has done a lot for the jailbreaking community. Sony are just bullies. If Sony win this case then it will be a horrible downslope for consumer rights thereafter. Sony can't be allowed to win this!

I'll be donating, as soon as I get on to the website...it's blocked here in China.

Also, I don't own a PS3. This isn't about hacking a PS3 anymore. It's about standing up against bullies. Sticking together when it counts. We are the consumers. We are the people. We must have a voice. Support Geohot.

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    This is on page 7, so it probably won't get much of a read, but I felt compelled to express my thoughts on this- bear in mind, this is simply my opinion, you are certainly entitled to your own...

1. Geo is or isn't an @ss <-- Not relevant
    2. Geo should have acted anonymously <-- Not relevant
    3. Geo has/doesn't have some money <-- Not relevant

4. Geo deserves a fair trial whose outcome will probably affect us all <-- HIGHLY RELEVANT.

This is basically what this boils down to- Geo has been sued by a large corporate entity with virtually limitless legal resources and finances. On his own, he has no chance to mount a legal defense that would be on a par with that brought to bear by the likes of Sony. In the US, everyone is supposed to have the right to a fair trial -where a judge, and/or jury, will decide the outcome and who's ultimately right or wrong.

But as has been proven time and again, those with limitless money can ultimately crush those without, simply by tying it up in court until the little guy is bankrupt. Without financial resources, there wont BE a fair trial, and OUR rights can ultimately be affected by the outcome.

If you have previously purchased a Sony product, you have contributed to Sony's war chest (I certainly have). If you have EVER jail-broken anything, you have benefited from Geo's work. Help Geo help you AGAIN, by donating whatever you can to OUR defense. WE deserve a fair day in court, and then let the chips fall where they may.
    Agreed.

Anyone not ponying up for whatever lame reason deserves to also get sued by sony to see what it feels like to Geo especially for having done something totally legit.

Geo shouldn't upfront a dime out of his pocket. Period.

I further think there is grounds for a counter-suit and Geo should go rip sony a new one. If we don't show sony that we should be allowed to do whatever we want within the law with our purchases then we all risk going to jail one day if we don't use our microwaves the way set out by the manufactururer.

Ok. I'm exaggerating but you get the point.

Go get 'em Geo. Sorry you alone were dragged into what should be all of ours fight!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    I agree if I paid over $400 for my PS 3 then let me do what I want to do with it. If I want to pirate movies n watch them on my PS 3...LET ME...
    Why should you be allowed to commit a crime?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 7,010 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDooo View Post

Geohot most certainly has provided unlocks in the past. I'm not saying he is doing one for iPhone 4. But he has had done both jailbreaking and unlocking in the past.

Thanks

Yup

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Brr (02-21-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

LOL I love when "fact police" get corrected.

I say give it to him! I look up to him and some day hope to be like him! Pissing off sony,apple,rapping thats the life!

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    Ditto! I already donated. From what I've seen and read from GeoHot, he seems to be a bit of an immature *****, BUT I fully support his defense and the defense of consumer rights. We can not allow a legal victory against the consumer's rights. A Sony victory here would be a very slippery slope and HORRIBLE precedent for future cases where corporate goons and thugs take on their own customers.
    All sais

I love the PS3 but I hate the draconian methods Sony is using against one single person. Can you all imagine if Apple did this from the beginning when the first iPhone was jailbroke? Apple can be just as stuck up with protecting their system but at least they didn't sue anyone.

I believe everyone who has ever hacked, jailbroke a phone, PS3, Mac or PC should support GeoHot regardless of what they think about him as a person. We should all show a united front against Sony's Goliath mentality and prove that the David's of the world can and do arise victorious!

The First to Jailbreak the 1st iPhone not unlock bro but I could be wrong
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I agree so many UNEDUCATED people to put it nicely on this forum who are clueless, they don't understand the fact they he got access to copyrighted information in the PS3 OS and leaked it when its in the T&C that its illegal, making a CFW and distributing it is totally different to what he did with the "keys". If he didn't want to get sued, he should have released the firmware from himself but leaked the "PS3 master key" anonymously like the iPhone Dev Team used to with the "Bootloaders" back in the iPhone 2G days, the BL3.9 and BL4.6 had to be obtained by yourself.

I'm not donating anything to him either! Until MW2 online on PS3 isn't fixed I'm not giving a cent, I didn't mind people using the 3.41 PS3 Jailbreak to Data Transfer to hack MW2 but since Geohots jailbreak everyone's hacking and its damn right annoying.

This is an iPhone hackign site so majority of the people on this forum know nothing about PS3 jaibreaking.
    How about we do understand and we have a different opinion. Maybe ur the one uneducated? Modding his stuff then showing us how to do it is him not seeking fame, it's him helping people who have similar interest In mods. And by the way u speak u seem to be the one all high and mighty why don't you humble yourself?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    The First to Jailbreak the 1st iPhone not unlock bro but I could be wrong
    He actually had a hand in both. But he was definitely the first to unlock it.

George Hotz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

REALLY......Who care's. Let the SOB do it on his own, this is another way to make money. Do we you really think about what happens to you, NO NO NO. Help him **** help me, WTF. let's post something we really care about not som hacker involved with SONY that will crush him like flys on ****. Get real Mr. Geo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sort but he's too arrogant. And helping to jailbreak an iPhone and jailbreaking a ps3 doesn't mean it's the same thing.

With all these ps3's getting hacked now people are creating hacked rooms in games and messing everyone elses game. I'm sorry you have the right to hack your stuff but don't mess with mine if I don't want it. That is what is going on with the ps3. And even If I agree with jb an iPhone for my personal use. It will not affect anyone elses iPhone. Unlike the ps3 hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by qbnucca View Post
    I just donated $200 alot of you guys are making great points, alot of others are small minded. Look if you have never used a jailbreak a hack etc... Then feel free talk all the crap you want. But this guy has done so much for our community that it would be irresponsible not to help him out. If you love ur hacks themes cydia for that matter then donate at least one dollar. Because if sony wins we could soon loose cydia and the ability to jailbreak out apple products period. And if u don't like him personally your an idiot you never met the guy, but he gives u stuff for free. Get over yourself this about bullies picking on the little guys and we are those little guys let's go after the bullies
    We wouldnt lose cydia, they would have to get saurik for us to lose cydia but this case will be going on for years
    Im eman297

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I agree so many UNEDUCATED people to put it nicely on this forum who are clueless, they don't understand the fact they he got access to copyrighted information in the PS3 OS and leaked it when its in the T&C that its illegal, making a CFW and distributing it is totally different to what he did with the "keys". If he didn't want to get sued, he should have released the firmware from himself but leaked the "PS3 master key" anonymously like the iPhone Dev Team used to with the "Bootloaders" back in the iPhone 2G days, the BL3.9 and BL4.6 had to be obtained by yourself.

I'm not donating anything to him either! Until MW2 online on PS3 isn't fixed I'm not giving a cent, I didn't mind people using the 3.41 PS3 Jailbreak to Data Transfer to hack MW2 but since Geohots jailbreak everyone's hacking and its damn right annoying.

This is an iPhone hackign site so majority of the people on this forum know nothing about PS3 jaibreaking.

It's people like you who anger me so much, i develop ulcers in my stomach.

Again, I want to see proof that the string of characters are copyrighted or not. Where does it say its copyrighted? Just because someone from another post says its copyrighted does that make it? I want to hear from SONY not some ignorant *** just trying to act smart.

If you're not going to give any money then why bother being on this thread? Geohot is a genius, he's unlocked iphones for us, provided us with free jailbreaking software, and hacking/jailbreaking information. Tell me, how is it geohots fault that some *lame* game is being hacked? If you dont like it buy an xbox and upgrade to black ops.

For anyone else here who is throwing hissys about how they're not going to "throw in a cent", you're pissing your freedom away. Have fun because in the future corporate companies are going to take over and take away your right to jailbreak, hack, and mod whatever device or computer you have. Hope you enjoy the future!

Quote Originally Posted by ikymfn99 View Post
    REALLY......Who care's. Let the SOB do it on his own, this is another way to make money. Do we you really think about what happens to you, NO NO NO. Help him **** help me, WTF. let's post something we really care about not som hacker involved with SONY that will crush him like flys on ****. Get real Mr. Geo.
    You're the most ignorant post on this thread. Please go back to sony forums. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishTX View Post
    I think we can all agree that geohot is a snotty brat, but this lawsuit from Sony is ridiculous. Since this has started, I have talked several people out of large purchases of Sony laptops and televisions, and will continue to make sure that even people outside of the "hack" or "jailbreak" community understand the bully tactics that Sony is engaging in.

I'm sure Sony thinks he is a snotty brat, too. However, this isn't legal grounds for anything. I hope they lose, and I donated, too. I wish I could get my money back for the two PS3s that I own. They were never hacked or modified, but I'd dump them just on general principle if they'd return my money.
    Sell them on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by eman297 View Post
    We wouldnt lose cydia, they would have to get saurik for us to lose cydia but this case will be going on for years
    no one would go after saurik...hes done nothing wrong

@metallicafan...read here http://ps3mfw.com/?p=134
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 02-21-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast