+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 133

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Geohot Asks For Help from Hacker Backers via PayPal to Fight Sony

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 I agree so many UNEDUCATED people to put it nicely on this forum who are clueless, they don't understand the fact they he got access to
...
  1. #61
    What's Jailbreak? luigimaster24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I agree so many UNEDUCATED people to put it nicely on this forum who are clueless, they don't understand the fact they he got access to copyrighted information in the PS3 OS and leaked it when its in the T&C that its illegal, making a CFW and distributing it is totally different to what he did with the "keys". If he didn't want to get sued, he should have released the firmware from himself but leaked the "PS3 master key" anonymously like the iPhone Dev Team used to with the "Bootloaders" back in the iPhone 2G days, the BL3.9 and BL4.6 had to be obtained by yourself.

    I'm not donating anything to him either! Until MW2 online on PS3 isn't fixed I'm not giving a cent, I didn't mind people using the 3.41 PS3 Jailbreak to Data Transfer to hack MW2 but since Geohots jailbreak everyone's hacking and its damn right annoying.

    This is an iPhone hackign site so majority of the people on this forum know nothing about PS3 jaibreaking.
    Selfish prik!!!

  2. #62
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,073
    Thanks
    509
    Thanked 717 Times in 298 Posts

    Donation sent.
    Regardless of what you think of the man, what's happening to him goes against natural law. He has always worked hard for us for free, the least we could do is support him.

  3. #63
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Geo knew that this would happen. When he started hacking the PS3 he originally said he wouldn't release it and this is why. He is guilty. Throw your money at another cause.

  4. #64
    Green Apple Hexane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 30 Times in 15 Posts

    Donated my whole paypal balance, 1 dollar D: I hope it helps him anyway
    At school too, supprisingly paypal and modmyi and geohot.com is unblocked, lol.

  5. #65
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    I would so lol if Microsoft contacted him and donated him the money rofl

  6. #66
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    I do not have a PS3 and do not care for it.
    However I used GeoHot's Limera1n to jailbreak my iPhone 4, without which (JB) there would be no reason for me to have an iPhone.
    So the least I can do is help the dude out against corporate bullying.
    When I buy a product it is mine, I do whatever the hell I want with it, so feck off Sony.
    I only have one single Sony product in my house and I will make sure not to buy anything made by Sony again. No Sony TV, no Sony camera, no Sony laptop, no Sony nothing. F. em.
    I'll be sending a donation today, good luck Geohot.
    By the way what's with all the haters?
    I wonder how many of those use his jailbreak.
    Farking hypocrites.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadsamurai For This Useful Post:

    Brr (02-20-2011), Newbee123 (02-20-2011)

  8. #67
    -_-
    -_- is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone -_-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in the land of the free and the home of the brave
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts

    Regardless if you agree or not with him, send an email to Sony. Let them know what you think. I honestly think that if enough people get the word out to them, they'll have to consider his case even more controversial.
    -_-

    A face that says it all.

  9. #68
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    me n my buddy donated...f-off sony! i wont be buying anymore product from you... Boycott sony!

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  10. #69
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 62 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sadsamurai View Post
    I do not have a PS3 and do not care for it.
    However I used GeoHot's Limera1n to jailbreak my iPhone 4, without which (JB) there would be no reason for me to have an iPhone.
    So the least I can do is help the dude out against corporate bullying.
    When I buy a product it is mine, I do whatever the hell I want with it, so feck off Sony.
    I only have one single Sony product in my house and I will make sure not to buy anything made by Sony again. No Sony TV, no Sony camera, no Sony laptop, no Sony nothing. F. em.
    I'll be sending a donation today, good luck Geohot.
    By the way what's with all the haters?
    I wonder how many of those use his jailbreak.
    Farking hypocrites.

    I wonder how many of those use his jailbreak.
    Farking hypocrites.

    TOTALLY AGREE +1

  11. #70
    shoop da woop ikesmasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 128 Times in 99 Posts

    it looks like geohot is winning/won the jurisdiction case. im reading through some of the case documents.

  12. #71
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I think we can all agree that geohot is a snotty brat, but this lawsuit from Sony is ridiculous. Since this has started, I have talked several people out of large purchases of Sony laptops and televisions, and will continue to make sure that even people outside of the "hack" or "jailbreak" community understand the bully tactics that Sony is engaging in.

    I'm sure Sony thinks he is a snotty brat, too. However, this isn't legal grounds for anything. I hope they lose, and I donated, too. I wish I could get my money back for the two PS3s that I own. They were never hacked or modified, but I'd dump them just on general principle if they'd return my money.

  13. #72
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey Geohot,
    You have my support, just donated. Its not a lot but its as much as i can spare.
    I cant even count how many times you and others like you have made my restricted toys much more then the designers ever thought of.
    Keep hacking.
    Fan Claud

  14. #73
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    I wonder how many of those use his jailbreak.
    Farking hypocrites.

    TOTALLY AGREE +1
    I don't know if I use his jailbreak or not ( always used pwnage tool ) but I'd have no problem donating him money for his work on that if he asked.
    The problem I have is I don't want to donate to support his legal fees for a lawsuit he brought upon himself. He knew perfectly well that his own actions of posting all that Sony Property/Code on his website would bring about a lawsuit. I've no sympathy for him regarding the mess he got himself into.

    I wonder are all these Sony Boycotters gonna stop watching Sony movies, or listening to music on Sony Labels?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

    MetallicaFan1991 (02-20-2011)

  16. #74
    Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    .theme>Bundles
    Posts
    2,344
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Suing Geohotz is stupid to be honest but then he shouldn't have leaked copyrighted stuff from the PS3 OS.

    Now that Sony are banning hackers from PSN and their PS3's, they should just secure the PS3 more and drop the lawsuit.

    You have the right to hack your PS3 but most of the people who hacked the PS3, did it for MW2 online hacks and that effects other players which has made MW2 online unplayable on PS3, which is why I'm in favour of banning all hacked PS3's.
    Thats the point though. The private key he "leaked" isn't copyrighted. You cannot copyright a string of characters. Hes basically getting sued because he pissed Sony off. He also said he is in favor of banning the hackers (which I agree with) but on the other hand Sony's method of finding said hackers is essentially spyware. I wouldn't be surprised if another suit came up because of that but against Sony. All in all Sony is dragging themselves through the mud with this but oh well.

  17. #75
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I don't know if I use his jailbreak or not ( always used pwnage tool ) but I'd have no problem donating him money for his work on that if he asked.
    The problem I have is I don't want to donate to support his legal fees for a lawsuit he brought upon himself. He knew perfectly well that his own actions of posting all that Sony Property/Code on his website would bring about a lawsuit. I've no sympathy for him regarding the mess he got himself into.

    I wonder are all these Sony Boycotters gonna stop watching Sony movies, or listening to music on Sony Labels?
    If they want to. Everyone has the right to as they please.

  18. #76
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGiola View Post
    Thats the point though. The private key he "leaked" isn't copyrighted. You cannot copyright a string of characters. Hes basically getting sued because he pissed Sony off. He also said he is in favor of banning the hackers (which I agree with) but on the other hand Sony's method of finding said hackers is essentially spyware. I wouldn't be surprised if another suit came up because of that but against Sony. All in all Sony is dragging themselves through the mud with this but oh well.
    The metldr key itself has been bypassed which is a violation of the DCMA. Although the key itself may or may not be copyrighted, circumventing it allows you to have access to copyrighted material. That is against the law.

  19. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    If they want to. Everyone has the right to as they please.
    Hmm it's very easy to lay down claims that you'll boycott a company. Putting those claims into practice is a whole other matter better throw out all your Sony CDs,MP3s DVDs and Blu-Rays
    People are called hypocrites for using Geohots jailbreak tools and not supporting him in his time of need. People who claim to boycott Sony but still use their wide range of products and services need to remember that they too are hypocrites.

  20. #78
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts

    Donated.

    Give them HELL!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

  21. #79
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sadsamurai View Post
    I do not have a PS3 and do not care for it.
    However I used GeoHot's Limera1n to jailbreak my iPhone 4, without which (JB) there would be no reason for me to have an iPhone.
    So the least I can do is help the dude out against corporate bullying.
    When I buy a product it is mine, I do whatever the hell I want with it, so feck off Sony.
    I only have one single Sony product in my house and I will make sure not to buy anything made by Sony again. No Sony TV, no Sony camera, no Sony laptop, no Sony nothing. F. em.
    I'll be sending a donation today, good luck Geohot.
    By the way what's with all the haters?
    I wonder how many of those use his jailbreak.
    Farking hypocrites.
    You'r absolutely right. I'll donate.

  22. #80
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Hmm it's very easy to lay down claims that you'll boycott a company. Putting those claims into practice is a whole other matter better throw out all your Sony CDs,MP3s DVDs and Blu-Rays
    People are called hypocrites for using Geohots jailbreak tools and not supporting him in his time of need. People who claim to boycott Sony but still use their wide range of products and services need to remember that they too are hypocrites.
    I plan on using my PS3 until the PS4 comes out. Sony is trying to protect their investments and will bypass this hack very soon in an update.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts