+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot Asks For Help from Hacker Backers via PayPal to Fight Sony

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Go Geohot! I support you 100%! Sony already knows they have NO case and NO chance to win. They are doing this only to make a point and to try
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Go Geohot! I support you 100%! Sony already knows they have NO case and NO chance to win. They are doing this only to make a point and to try and punish Geohot. Sony has plenty of money and attorneys already on retainer, while Geo is asking for donations for his defense. Sony figures if they can Bankrupt Geohot it will make him go away. Keep fighting Geohot! We're all behind you! F Off Sony!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

donated! it's a worthy cause.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJobsEvilTwinBro View Post
    Acting out for more attention, spread the word..? Wtf.. Grow up. If these hackers had such strong feelings toward how Sony operated -- they would've attacked the issue from the get-go. The big crusade for all thats wrong with the world always starts *AFTER* they get stuck in a tight situation.. Like a child. It's never your fault, it's the big evil corporations! Those are people's jobs, PC's and home gaming consoles are two completely different things, yea it came with Linux.. You abused it to the point where it had to be taken from you, and everybody else. Take some responsibility and you might get taken a bit more seriously, the evil corporations supply JOBS for people who have families to support while you devise ways to manipulate systems to your advantage, now it's the legal system and all for what? Some childish need for attention so people can see how clever you are? Sadly, I do agree Sony needs to be taken down a notch but after the silly battle rap and constant whining I already know Sony will win. You're not Robin Hood looking to make information free for all, its always the "GeoHotz Show", if that were the case you would have banked on the iPhone unlock and approached this thing with the intention of making permanent change. You're not the only hacker out there, you're just the loudest. Egomaniac. Even still, I donated anyway.. I wish you the best, I just know you can be much better if only we could update your bloody firmware.

Godspeed & God bless.
    By giving that rant but still donating are you not the definition of hypocrite?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (02-20-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cb22 View Post
    Give us a unlock for bb 02.10.04 and i'll donate!!!!
    Hahahaha. Seriously?

Do you have any idea of the amount of work it takes to make an unlock?

Tell you what, YOU create an unlock for 2.10.04 and I'll send $500 your way. I won't hold my breath, because I highly suspect you wouldn't know where to begin.

The stress a lawsuit puts on you isn't fun at all. I've been sued by smaller legal firms, so being sued by a company like Sony is very stressful.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

You all are more than likely aware that geohot already has money out the *** and can afford this without your help, and more than often itll settle out of court then geohot walks away with your 500$ and so on donations

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

cb22 (02-20-2011)

Thanks

Donation Send.

Thank you for all and Good Luck!!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Yes GeoHot has the right to mod any system he owns, as do well all, but he did not have the right to distribute private information belonging to Sony. (i.e the PS3 Keys)

He knew perfectly well that by posting them on his own website that he would kick off a lawsuit from Sony. If he wanted to let others avail of his work he could have very easily "leaked" the necessary information anonymously.

Btw, Sony also have the right to protect their games division from piracy which what all system modding eventually leads to, whether the original hackers like it or not.

So I'm sorry but I'm not giving this guy a cent. In my opinion he brought this on himself.
    I agree so many UNEDUCATED people to put it nicely on this forum who are clueless, they don't understand the fact they he got access to copyrighted information in the PS3 OS and leaked it when its in the T&C that its illegal, making a CFW and distributing it is totally different to what he did with the "keys". If he didn't want to get sued, he should have released the firmware from himself but leaked the "PS3 master key" anonymously like the iPhone Dev Team used to with the "Bootloaders" back in the iPhone 2G days, the BL3.9 and BL4.6 had to be obtained by yourself.

I'm not donating anything to him either! Until MW2 online on PS3 isn't fixed I'm not giving a cent, I didn't mind people using the 3.41 PS3 Jailbreak to Data Transfer to hack MW2 but since Geohots jailbreak everyone's hacking and its damn right annoying.

This is an iPhone hackign site so majority of the people on this forum know nothing about PS3 jaibreaking.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

[Reach In Pocket] I have $5 dollars that I'll donating. I hope for the best.

Thanks

I think that Sony are going about this the wrong way. Then again I want them to sue EgoHot for everything that he's got so that he finally takes his head out of his arse.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Donation.
    I just donated. F.U. Sony!

Confirmation number: 9LR94587VH4011333.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    Money Sent.

Confirmation number: 55H117822H9379454
    Donation amount: $500.00 USD
    Total: $500.00 USD
    Purpose: SCEA v Hotz Legal Defense Fund

If you are on this site, and if you have EVER jail-broken an iPhone or iPod, and you don't think you should send money to this kid, something is very wrong with your reasoning in my estimation.

This has nothing to do with how you feel about Geo personally, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know a corporate bully when you see one. This is what the internet is for- to allow individuals to come together to combat an oppressive force in a way that has never been historically possible. The kid needs help, I for one sent him some.

Did anyone notice that all the people saying this guy should be strung up or is gettin' what he deserves are running MSFT OS's? What's up with that? :-D

Ive donated too, $50 may not be a lot but it's all I got

And it brings me to the post I made before about some people being stingey and ungrateful. Geohot has done a lot for the jb community. And whether he brought it on himself or not he's still a jb genius.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senas8 View Post
    Donated $155.00
    Confirmation number: 25L10046330588842
    Donation amount: $155.00 USD
    Total: $155.00 USD
    Purpose: SCEA v Hotz Legal Defense Fund
    Thank you for him, but i have a stupid question!!!

Why 155$.

1- It's very generous
    2- I'm curious about this amount ?

I will surely give someting, but not higher like that...

Thanks

FYI, Sony bloggers are on this site.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unlockingsky View Post
    So?

I wouldnt be surprised if Sony follow "hackers" twitters and psx-scene, just like Apple probably have people on this site too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christ6197 View Post
    Thank you for him, but i have a stupid question!!!

Why 155$.

1- It's very generous
    2- I'm curious about this amount ?

I will surely give someting, but not higher like that...
    My goal is to reach $355.00 as ps3's OFW 3.55 was beasted by geo. It's a landmark statement if you will.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Thanks

Thank you for the info.

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

@j.eck.arc.3d you hit the nail on the head..... it's the legal precedent this sets that's important to everyone in the Jailbreak community! Forget about the freedom of George Hotz and think about the future freedom of your iDevice....

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Ditto on the "So"

HEY SONY GO EFF YOURSELF !!! You make crappy Tv's and your stupid PSP Phone is going to fail.

Thanks

I think geo will lose. I wish him the best. I detest sony

Sony bloggers are so low in the food chain that it's not even worth mentioning. they are bloggers for goodness sake, bloggers.
    Last edited by billmilo; 02-20-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish I had some money in my paypal. I would donate just to tell sony "F You".