Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Dishes Out 'Lifetime Ban' to Known Hackers

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    You know what?

I'm good with this. I haven't been able to make much headway on MW2 because of all the hackers.

You log in, and instantly get transported to a world where gravity is super-low, you move as fast as sound, and they all have aim-bots.

It was fun/funny the first three or four times, but then it started to happen EVERY time I went online. My PS3 is at home, and I'm only there one week a month most times. I don't have the time to sit and play for days on end, leveling to get all the powerups and stuff.

At rank 35, I have hit a wall, because I can't get more than 5 or 6 kills per match. The hackers are there, and you know they're hackers...

One guy had two riot shields on, only way to hurt him was shooting his feet! He thought he was invincible, until I aimed low and got him. He was screaming bloody murder cause I beat his hack! He got 20 kills and only died once. BS!

Ban the hackers, it will make the games fun again.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I can't stand Sony. But blame the devs for the hackers not Sony. Activation/zombie IW refuses to do anything about them. hackers have single handedly ruined the MW franchise. I know halo is a love/hate game, but at least bungie SHUT DOWN the hackers.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

You know what?

I'm good with this. I haven't been able to make much headway on MW2 because of all the hackers.

You log in, and instantly get transported to a world where gravity is super-low, you move as fast as sound, and they all have aim-bots.

It was fun/funny the first three or four times, but then it started to happen EVERY time I went online. My PS3 is at home, and I'm only there one week a month most times. I don't have the time to sit and play for days on end, leveling to get all the powerups and stuff.

At rank 35, I have hit a wall, because I can't get more than 5 or 6 kills per match. The hackers are there, and you know they're hackers...

One guy had two riot shields on, only way to hurt him was shooting his feet! He thought he was invincible, until I aimed low and got him. He was screaming bloody murder cause I beat his hack! He got 20 kills and only died once. BS!

hey just cuz you jailbreak doesn't mean you use in game mods cuz jailbreaking isn't all about using cheats in online games and pirating its about being able to do so much more just cuz i have a jailbroken iphone doesn't mean i pirate apps i do themes and sbsettings and stuff like that not about cheating and getting free stuff

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Jailbreaking made the iPhone great and the same could happen to the PS3. Obviously any company wants to prevent piracy and I'd support Sony kicking pirates off their network but punishing those just looking to enhance their system is unfair.
    If the courts can deem jailbreaking an iPhone legal and fair use, then surely the same can happen for PS3's? Why can't the courts deem it legal and fair use for you to jailbreak any computer system you own?
    Just because something is legal doesn't mean companies can't discourage the user from modding their device. If Apple wanted to play hardball with jailbreakers they could legally ban people from Game Center, void the warranty, block AppStore purchases or disable any number of services they offer. They own those services so although they don't own you're device, they can still block you from those services. The only recourse consumers have is to not support those electronics. So Sony can jump in a lake

i think that if your useing in game mods that the software company should take action but just cuz your jailbroken doesnt mean sony should not alow you on the psn

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what?

Should Apple ban all jailbreakers from the AppStore?

There are many ways the devs can prevent hacking on the multiplayer games.
    Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    I really hope sony goes out of business thanks to this. This is total idiocy.
    Keep on hoping; Sony will be just fine.
    Last edited by mortopher; 02-18-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    Last I checked ms bans ur ip. So buying a new console won't fix it.
    but jumping on your neighbors network will
    "they're trashing our rights. hack the planet!"

Sony is more closed minded than Apple and MS, I try to avoid all Sony products. A company who wants to condemn people for improving there products free of charge, complete ignorance. Jailbreaks for the iDevices have opened up a whole new world for users, and pushed popularity. I wish Sony the absolute worst!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    A company who wants to condemn people for improving there products free of charge, complete ignorance.

that would be Apple Microsoft and Sony

Pay us hundreds of dollars so we can tell you how to use it....why sell it in the first place!!!! Someone should remind sony about that democracy thing here in America. I firmly believe lawyers and communism shouldnt mix.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

This is all such crap!!! I didn't fight for this country so Japan can take over my PS3, Maybe they should have waited until Dec 7th to drop this news !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    MS just bans your console from xbox live. I believe the Sony ban occurs on your account as well as your PS3.

Maybe MS can't ban your account because it's a paid service?
    WRONG. They can ban your account, they just dont do it that often. They can either:

a. ban your console so it cant access live (ways around that)

or

b. ban your live account and you have to start from scratch (bye bye gamerscore)

They DO NOT ban ip's thats a load of crap, quit spreading false rumors.
    Last edited by iphonesolutionz; 02-18-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by iphonesolutionz View Post
    WRONG. They can ban your account, they just dont do it that often. They can either:

a. ban your console so it cant access live (ways around that)

or

b. ban your live account and you have to start from scratch (bye bye gamerscore)

They DO NOT ban ip's thats a load of crap, quit spreading false rumors.
    If you bothered to read a bit more you would see that I fixed that in another post. I was wrong and I said so, so chill.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default umm no
    Quote Originally Posted by WmSDubStep View Post
    Seriously, we pay over 200 or more for these stuff. We should be able to do what we like with it.
    I know it's the law, but it's pathetic. It's like selling someone an Orange and telling them what to do with it..
    ummm no! the reason they are doing this is not for some hacker to diddle with firmware and install software, apps and such. This has to deal with games like SOCOM confrontation and Call Of Duty and many other titles that are being ruined by wannabe hackers and modders using their created material to put a bad name on them. people are using good for bad and now those particular two titles are no longer fun to play because people are running around with unlimited ammo, health and weapons that dont even exist. this ban sony is issuing is going straight to these a-holes and i couldnt be happier. visit SOCOM DOT COM and see how many people are happy for what sony is doing because they regained hope in a 'cheater free' online environment

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    This is all such crap!!! I didn't fight for this country so Japan can take over my PS3, Maybe they should have waited until Dec 7th to drop this news !!!
    everyone is getting confused as to what they are actually doing, visit a gaming forum on sony dot com and really read as to what this is all about. this has nothing to do with geo hot and stuff like that. it has to deal with modded files and people cheating horrendously on video games like socom and call of duty
    Last edited by Sticky111; 02-18-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

how about no1 buys a ps3 for a year n see how they like it? if they sold 1 ps3 in a year im sure they would let us do stuff cuz they all just want money. thats it. if they got money on the emulators they wud let them on there.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets hope Apple doesn't follow suit.

Thumbs down MS does NOT ban your ip!!!
    What a bunch of crap. MS does NOT ban your ip. Get your facts straight before posting something you know nothing about. They ban your console only and your account still remains intact. In other words you can buy another cheap Xbox 360 that is un-modded and not banned and play online using your current account and use your other modded console offline to play against the computer. Best way to do it. As for Sony, I hope they continue to lose business. "Ban for life"? Sony is a joke. Good to see the playing filed is no level between MS and Sony.

Stryker

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

can they tell if u hacked it and then its not anymore? i restored my ps3 back to 3.50 and then upgraded to the newest fw

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker1 View Post
    What a bunch of crap. MS does NOT ban your ip. Get your facts straight before posting something you know nothing about. They ban your console only and your account still remains intact. In other words you can buy another cheap Xbox 360 that is un-modded and not banned and play online using your current account and use your other modded console offline to play against the computer. Best way to do it. As for Sony, I hope they continue to lose business. "Ban for life"? Sony is a joke. Good to see the playing filed is no level between MS and Sony.

Stryker
    Again, I was wrong and already said so. So eat a d$&@.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

They got their money why do they give a fu** what we do with it. In Spain court ruled legal for PS3 to be jailbroken as court said if you pay for it its yours and do whatever the fuc** you please.

If Apple did something like that, I will no longer be an iPhone owner.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast