+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 124

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Steve Jobs Spotted at California's Stanford Cancer Center

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by dsg maybe he should sink 100 billion in to cancer research and then file for a pattern then get sued for monopolising the market Douche alert.
...
  1. #61
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    maybe he should sink 100 billion in to cancer research and then file for a pattern then get sued for monopolising the market
    Douche alert.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to darthdurden For This Useful Post:

    The Amazing Atheist (02-17-2011)

  3. #62
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdurden View Post
    Douche alert.
    If he really is that bad and has cancer then maybe he should put some money into research.
    Last edited by Major Herbie; 02-18-2011 at 04:47 PM.

  4. #63
    La Malcria The Amazing Atheist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    722
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Regardless if this story is true or not...Steve is sick. We wouldn't be writing right now if it weren't for him. He has forever changed our technological world and he deserves respect for that.

    He and his family should be in ALL OF OUR prayers. Shame on you for acting like it's not a big deal and joking about it. One day you'll be facing death and when that day comes, I pray that people are only saying good things about you.

    God bless you, Steve; seize what is important in life - Christ, your family, your friends.
    Exactly. Whether you love the man or not, without him you wouldn't have that iPod in your hand or that iMac in the corner of your room, or that iPad sitting in the charger. The sad truth is, he IS very ill and he might not be around too much longer. Which brings me to this, instead of the drama and other bs being posted in this thread, why don't you post your bursts of outrage/disrespecting comments on a different one? And leave people who DO actually appreciate Jobs to talk in peace without having to put up with ignorant comments.


    And...who cares what these news guys post? It gives you something to read right? Something to complain about right? Just read a different thread if this one or others aren't amusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    Maybe he was just visiting?

    Or... maybe he is faking being sick (because people will get suspicious) because he is IN FACT GOD!

    He will live forever!
    loool

    Hopefully he was going back just to see how things were progressing.
    Last edited by The Amazing Atheist; 02-17-2011 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #64
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hope he gets better!!

  6. #65
    iPhoneaholic jasvncnt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 91 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Edited for foul language, but I will call a spade a spade. You should do the same, his garbage doesn't belong here and I've asked that he be removed.
    Chilllllllllll Out
    Its people like you that p!ss me off. You remind me of those people that b!tch about shows that they don't feel should be on TV because they don't want their kids watching it. Don't want to watch something, don't watch it. Don't want to read something..don't click the link! But there are others that may want to....and you shouldn't be the one to decide
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 02-17-2011 at 07:19 AM.

  7. #66
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
    Your right, we'd never need to jailbreak or unlock our iPhones again. The whole iLine would get a major upgrade and there'd be no more problems.
    First of all JB and unlocking have nothing to do with what I commented about. Secondly if you think we won't need to JB and unlock just because Jobs isn't around then you've gone off the deep end. Would it be awesome if that were true?...yeah it would be, but it won't happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdurden View Post
    Douche alert.
    C'mon, the guy said he was wrong to make that comment, no need to call him any names.

    (What Would Steve Jobs Do? WWSJD)
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-17-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Being Awesome

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (02-17-2011), jasvncnt10 (02-17-2011)

  9. #67
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    You can do it Steve!

  10. #68
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    And people like you ignore that request and post 'stories' and 'articles' spreading misinformation around. Please leave Messany, you dont have any integrity and don't even see the disgusting similarity in the words you write. I didn't have to click on this story and I didn't have to comment, but with all the new members we are gaining you're a black eye on this site. We don't need you anymore Messany, time for you to leave.
    I agree with this. Pot meet kettle. Kettle needs tossed.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

  11. #69
    Green Apple SergeantMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    It's sad that the poparazzi won't leave Steve alone, the man is clearly not healthy, he has done so much for the advancement of technology and human culture but they can't give him some space while he's struggling with cancer again. It's very sad. My prayers go out to Steve and his family. God bless.

  12. #70
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    C'mon, the guy said he was wrong to make that comment, no need to call him any names.

    (What Would Steve Jobs Do? WWSJD)
    Sorry didn't see it as I clicked on quote button and posted straight away from forum app.

  13. #71
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 38 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    Exactly. Whether you love the man or not, without him you wouldn't have that iPod in your hand or that iMac in the corner of your room, or that iPad sitting in the charger..
    ....too bad the original iPod design was stolen. It was originally designed by some guy in the U.K. But he didn't
    have the money to patent it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to CCoops11 For This Useful Post:

    jasvncnt10 (02-17-2011)

  15. #72
    dsg
    dsg is online now
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    3,129
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 709 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdurden View Post
    Douche alert.
    Edit deleted
    Last edited by dsg; 02-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

    jasvncnt10 (02-17-2011)

  17. #73
    La Malcria The Amazing Atheist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    722
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CCoops11 View Post
    ....too bad the original iPod design was stolen. It was originally designed by some guy in the U.K. But he didn't
    have the money to patent it.

    What's your source?

    and it doesnt matter WHO designed it originally, it is STEVE JOBS who made it possible to own one.

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    You arse hole check page two I already said I was wrong
    grow up >_>

    take your childish arguments to a private msg
    Last edited by The Amazing Atheist; 02-17-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #74
    iPhoneaholic creasy425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 90 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    What's your source?

    and it doesnt matter WHO designed it originally, it is STEVE JOBS who made it possible to own one.



    grow up >_>

    take your childish arguments to a private msg
    no offense athiest, but you don't have a whole lot of room to judge someone else about arguing in thread...(and I'm still waiting on my free iphone BTW)
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

    Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

    Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (02-17-2011)

  20. #75
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    I can't help but notice the same thing others have pointed out; Michael Essany posts a lot of re-hash news. I appreciate being able to come to one source and get it all, rather than wasting time surfing like the "reporters" here do, so this is something I am willing to overlook.

    The issue at hand is not about "Messany's" reporting, but that this is both newsworthy, and an invasion of privacy. Some of the fault lies with Jobs, as he should know all celebrities are followed. He has earned his place in Americana, and status as a celebrity, despite never having any "typical" celebrity careers. This takes a unique individual.

    He can not expect a demand like that to be followed, no matter how much I, or anyone else thinks it should be. Once you reach that level, privacy is gone, and that's the price you pay for ultra-success.

    All of that aside, I feel that all the negative posts aimed at either Essany, or Jobs, are poorly placed here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, about everything, but that does not grant a blank check to disrespect a man during such a time. There are places for this kind of talk, and a conversation about a man's health is not one of them.

    I'm sure that many of you are aware that I am not Steve's biggest fan, by any stretch, however; I would like to say that I truly hope all is going well, and that he recovers quickly.

    *Edit: changed pies to lies, lol.*
    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

  21. #76
    iPhoneaholic jasvncnt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 91 Times in 75 Posts

    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 02-17-2011 at 09:42 AM.

  22. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdurden View Post
    Sorry didn't see it as I clicked on quote button and posted straight away from forum app.
    I figured as much, no worries!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (02-17-2011)

  24. #78
    La Malcria The Amazing Atheist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    722
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    no offense athiest, but you don't have a whole lot of room to judge someone else about arguing in thread...(and I'm still waiting on my free iphone BTW)
    my "arguments" are started by other people who refuse to read and let my posts sink into their heads before they decide to attk me.

    and i told you, i lied ><

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    I can't help but notice the same thing others have pointed out; Michael Essany posts a lot of re-hash news. I appreciate being able to come to one source and get it all, rather than wasting time surfing like the "reporters" here do, so this is something I am willing to overlook.

    The issue at hand is not about "Messany's" reporting, but that this is both newsworthy, and an invasion of privacy. Some of the fault lies with Jobs, as he should know all celebrities are followed. He has earned his place in Americana, and status as a celebrity, despite never having any "typical" celebrity careers. This takes a unique individual.

    He can not expect a demand like that to be followed, no matter how much I, or anyone else thinks it should be. Once you reach that level, privacy is gone, and that's the price you pay for ultra-success.

    All of that aside, I feel that all the negative posts aimed at either Essany, or Jobs, are poorly placed here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, about everything, but that does not grant a blank check to disrespect a man during such a time. There are places for this kind of talk, and a conversation about a man's health is not one of them.

    I'm sure that many of you are aware that I am not Steve's biggest fan, by any stretch, however; I would like to say that I truly hope all is going well, and that he recovers quickly.

    *Edit: changed pies to lies, lol.*
    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    if you dont like his posts, dont read them. very simple, and if you think he should be fired or whatnot maybe you should try contacting the admin of this site.

    I don't really care, it doesn't matter who came up with it. I guess thats the thing in the computer world, microsoft steals from apple, apple steals from a kid. w00t h4x much?

    If he's truely the sole creator of the classic ipod, then props to him....he should talk to steve jobs about a position at apple.
    Last edited by The Amazing Atheist; 02-17-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  25. #79
    iPhoneaholic jasvncnt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 91 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    I don't really care, it doesn't matter who came up with it. Briton didn't create apple or make it possible to own an ipod. If he's truely the sole creator of the classic ipod, then props to him....he should talk to steve jobs about a position at apple.
    If you dont care Then don't read it. "very simple".
    Your the one that asked for a source, so you must have cared. And theres the source.
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 02-17-2011 at 10:06 AM.

  26. #80
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,384
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 467 Times in 379 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    my "arguments" are started by other people who refuse to read and let my posts sink into their heads before they decide to attk me.
    Usually your controversial posts are jokes

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts