+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 124

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Steve Jobs Spotted at California's Stanford Cancer Center

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Wow, my heart goes out to his family. :/
...
  1. #41
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Wow, my heart goes out to his family. :/

  2. #42
    iPhoneaholic creasy425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 90 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    is this the beginning of the end? I heard from a reliable source that isn't reliable that Jobs has all his apple shares going to Gates in his will but don't tell anyone I told you guys!
    half to Gates the other half to the creator of Flash!
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

    Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

    Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

  3. #43
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    . The Enquirer has actually made a concerted effort to become a legit news source (sort of).
    That is the funniest thing I've ever read.

    The Enquirer has zero integrity, it's obvious because the only schtick they have is to invade ones privacy to sell copies. That's not legit, it's distasteful. It's good for a laugh, they have nothing else. A legit news source doesn't post pictures of a frail old man and call him Steve Jobs because they are trying to be legit, they're a trash gossip mag that would shoot their own family if it sold more copies. Linking to them (or anyone that cites them as a source) is distasteful, dumb and sad. Have none of you seen the terrible invasion of privacy and gross tackiness of this whole thing? Have none of you got any decency to uphold integrity around here? We all stamp down piracy and talks of piracy around here but no one will not tolerate this? Steve is supposed to meet with Obama tomorrow and I kinda doubt if he was thin enough to get blown away in the breeze he wouldn't be meeting with the President tomorrow.
    HK-Z on Game Center

  4. #44
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Patriots Area
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts

    if he is or even if he isnt admitted in the CCenter, i hope he is ok and hope he gets well if he is, we need more good products from Apple.

  5. #45
    iPhoneaholic creasy425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 90 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    That is the funniest thing I've ever read.

    The Enquirer has zero integrity, it's obvious because the only schtick they have is to invade ones privacy to sell copies. That's not legit, it's distasteful. It's good for a laugh, they have nothing else. A legit news source doesn't post pictures of a frail old man and call him Steve Jobs because they are trying to be legit, they're a trash gossip mag that would shoot their own family if it sold more copies. Linking to them (or anyone that cites them as a source) is distasteful, dumb and sad. Have none of you seen the terrible invasion of privacy and gross tackiness of this whole thing? Have none of you got any decency to uphold integrity around here? We all stamp down piracy and talks of piracy around here but no one will not tolerate this? Steve is supposed to meet with Obama tomorrow and I kinda doubt if he was thin enough to get blown away in the breeze he wouldn't be meeting with the President tomorrow.
    Hes actually meeting the prez tomorrow? I thought you were trying to be funny when you posted that earlier...Now don't get all bent over my next statement, but if you detest Messany's writing so much, you be a staff writer for MMI. I usually enjoy your posts, you FOR SURE write with passion, so I nominate you to be the next staff writer for this great site...(And I'm not being the least bit sarcastic either, Mods)
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

    Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

    Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

  6. #46
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,435
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 478 Times in 387 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    Hes actually meeting the prez tomorrow? I thought you were trying to be funny when you posted that earlier...Now don't get all bent over my next statement, but if you detest Messany's writing so much, you be a staff writer for MMI. I usually enjoy your posts, you FOR SURE write with passion, so I nominate you to be the next staff writer for this great site...(And I'm not being the least bit sarcastic either, Mods)
    +1

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    If you actually think for a minute Steve has been running Apple during this time, I think you'd be sorely mistaken. He may be the "man" at Apple, but I don't believe Steve has been involved with the every day operations for some time.

    He's the face of Apple. That's why he appears.

    Good luck to Steve. God speed.

  8. #48
    iPhoneaholic Nickaroni22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts

    Kinda sad, people making cracks about a man's health. I wish him well!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickaroni22 For This Useful Post:

    DevouredDreams (02-16-2011), PuppyPR (02-17-2011)

  10. #49
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,435
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 478 Times in 387 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Kinda sad, people making cracks about a man's health. I wish him well!
    Same here.

  11. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts

    Maybe he was just visiting?

    Or... maybe he is faking being sick (because people will get suspicious) because he is IN FACT GOD!

    He will live forever!
    My Devices:

    iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

  12. #51
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    Hes actually meeting the prez tomorrow? I thought you were trying to be funny when you posted that earlier...Now don't get all bent over my next statement, but if you detest Messany's writing so much, you be a staff writer for MMI. I usually enjoy your posts, you FOR SURE write with passion, so I nominate you to be the next staff writer for this great site...(And I'm not being the least bit sarcastic either, Mods)
    I've burned enough bridges speaking my mind.

    It's amazing how gawker, gizmodo, appleinsider, 9to5mac and many others are running this story and yet the national enquirer hasn't even published the photos. This is no different than what gawker did to Tim Cook not too long ago, posting an article about someones private business that's none of there's based on rumor and running with it. Theres no such thing as a journalist, everything you read or hear in major media outlets is either paid for by a corporation or some slimy reporter trying to make a name for themselves. Anyone who believes 90% of what they read in a newspaper needs to go outside and get some fresh air because whats written in today's newspapers are mostly lies or intentional screwups.
    HK-Z on Game Center

  13. #52
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    By quoting an article that links to The National Enquirer? Yeah. He's a good writer alright. We know he's sick, that's a fact. The pictures that are up are easy to fake. I could drive 5 miles to my local Walgreens and take a picture of a frail looking old man and call him Steve Jobs. This is a crap article written by someone who has a track record of posting stories that have no fact checking or even research done in them. This garbage shouldn't be allowed simply because there's no proof anywhere in it and it links to a known trash rag sold at your local grocery store. He hasn't written a single story that wasn't linked to another story that wasn't full of rumors. The other writers actually try when they post an article.
    Messany might have wrote a large number of verizon iphone rumors, but at leased they turned out to be TRUE. Leave the guy alone, obviously nobody is going to listen to what your saying about getting messany out, so just shut up and dont click his articles. *******

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ipod touch u For This Useful Post:

    jasvncnt10 (02-17-2011), onelow99 (02-17-2011)

  15. #53
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipod touch u View Post
    Messany might have wrote a large number of verizon iphone rumors, but at least they turned out to be TRUE. Leave the guy alone, obviously nobody is going to listen to what your saying about getting messany out, so just shut up and dont click his articles. *******
    And yet even a broken clock is right twice a day. Doesn't make the distastefulness any less severe.
    HK-Z on Game Center

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

    jeffhuys (02-17-2011), Major Herbie (02-20-2011)

  17. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 808mp5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    That sucks.
    Although Apple should have enough computer power to fold a cure someday. Would be cool to see it

  18. #55
    iPhoneaholic creasy425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 90 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I've burned enough bridges speaking my mind.

    It's amazing how gawker, gizmodo, appleinsider, 9to5mac and many others are running this story and yet the national enquirer hasn't even published the photos. This is no different than what gawker did to Tim Cook not too long ago, posting an article about someones private business that's none of there's based on rumor and running with it. Theres no such thing as a journalist, everything you read or hear in major media outlets is either paid for by a corporation or some slimy reporter trying to make a name for themselves. Anyone who believes 90% of what they read in a newspaper needs to go outside and get some fresh air because whats written in today's newspapers are mostly lies or intentional screwups.
    You'll get absolutely zero argument from me about the amount of bs in the written media now a days.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

    Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

    Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

    Major Herbie (02-17-2011)

  20. #56
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    I wish you well Steve.

  21. #57
    Green Apple Assassination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Everybody dies one day. Tim cook is just as great as Steve jobs.

  22. #58
    What's Jailbreak? codester23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    He will be ok besides an apple a day will keep the doctor away

  23. #59
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Apple would not be the same without Steve! Hope he gets better soon and that people respect his privacy!
    Your right, we'd never need to jailbreak or unlock our iPhones again. The whole iLine would get a major upgrade and there'd be no more problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I've burned enough bridges speaking my mind.

    It's amazing how gawker, gizmodo, appleinsider, 9to5mac and many others are running this story and yet the national enquirer hasn't even published the photos. This is no different than what gawker did to Tim Cook not too long ago, posting an article about someones private business that's none of there's based on rumor and running with it. Theres no such thing as a journalist, everything you read or hear in major media outlets is either paid for by a corporation or some slimy reporter trying to make a name for themselves. Anyone who believes 90% of what they read in a newspaper needs to go outside and get some fresh air because whats written in today's newspapers are mostly lies or intentional screwups.
    I agree, the Media should leave people alone in their times of need.
    Last edited by Major Herbie; 02-17-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Pure Awesomeness

  24. #60
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I don't know why Messany has to report this. Aren't there more pressing issues of the the day than violate a sick man's privacy of request? Let him be.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts