Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac App Store Welcomes First Official Microsoft Application

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    No, it's just time for you to stop whining about your old computer and get with the times. iTunes runs very well on my Acer laptop, running Windows 7.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Well I'm sorry I can't do that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I guess that kind of explains why iTunes on Windows sucks like no other software in the world. Windows doesn't have those API's I guess.
    winamp <3

No, it's just time for you to stop whining about your old computer and get with the times. iTunes runs very well on my Acer laptop, running Windows 7.

narrow minded a little?

i have a computer at my house that is almost brand new with almost 1gb memory and it had trouble running itunes. is it old? sure it has a few years on it, but its been taken very well care of.

Have you even looked at how much memory it takes up just starting the application? and have you seen how slow it runs on *some* 7 computers? Just because something works for you, doesn't mean it works for others >_>

on a sided note: a friend of mine has a 2tb hd with 15gb ram running 7 and dual booted with vista. HIS computer still takes a few seconds to load itunes...is his computer a piece of **** or old? no.
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 02-17-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    winamp
    I don't think I would use Winamp because I don't even use iTunes to play music.

Thanks

I don't think I would use Winamp because I don't even use iTunes to play music.
    well from my personal opinion, winamp is faster and takes up less resources. and it syncs with idevices, so if you cant run itunes maybe you should try it
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

I don't have a problem with iTunes except that the first time I updated, I got an error two or three times and it finally worked. The second time I had to go through a couple errors before it worked. After that, my iTunes is permanently broke and can't try to update or restore any device without giving errors 1601 and 1602. Then the devices have to use iReb to even reboot! You can bet I went step-by-step with troubleshooting on Apple's site and others. The fact that it runs slower than a Star Wars game is just a bonus.

Again!!! I am starting to hate the MMI app!
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Again!!! I am starting to hate the MMI app!
    Haha that happened to me the first time I quoted the Winamp post too

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    winamp

narrow minded a little?

i have a computer at my house that is almost brand new with almost 1gb memory and it had trouble running itunes. is it old? sure it has a few years on it, but its been taken very well care of.

Have you even looked at how much memory it takes up just starting the application? and have you seen how slow it runs on *some* 7 computers? Just because something works for you, doesn't mean it works for others >_>

on a sided note: a friend of mine has a 2tb hd with 15gb ram running 7 and dual booted with vista. HIS computer still takes a few seconds to load itunes...is his computer a piece of **** or old? no.
    Just because you have all the specs, does not grant immediate performance greatness.

I have these less than stellar specs:
    AMD Athlon II X2 M300
    4GB Ram
    320GB HD (plus 250GB external HD)
    ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Win 7 Premium

I don't have these issues that so many complain of. And Zokunei is running old equipment, with old software. He's bound to have more problems than the average person, goes with the territory.

I'm not trying to make things personal, but I hate when people complain about things that are their own fault. MS doesn't support XP, why the heck would APPLE?!?

I also know how to optimize Windows 7/Vista to run smoothly, most people need to learn this.
    Click start
    Type msconfig
    Hit enter
    Choose selective startup
    Go to the services tab
    Disable "Windows Search"
    Go to Startup Tab
    Disable all the frivilous CRAP that is slated to startup with the computer, including anything from Apple.
    Click Apply
    Click OK
    Restart
    Choose to not display the pop-up in the future
    Enjoy your MUCH faster PC.

Takes 30 seconds, saves HOURS of headaches.

Zokunei: I understand that money can be tight, but honestly, you'd have better performance from a netbook. Skip an iPhone upgrade one year, and go for a new computer instead. You can get a reasonable machine from BestBuy, or Walmart for less than $400 if you are not worried about having a gaming machine. We all make choices, it's up to us to own those choices rather than expecting everyone else to keep at the same old game so you can keep up.
    Last edited by CynicalDriver; 02-17-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    It's where you are.

I'm not trying to make things personal, but I hate when people complain about things that are their own fault. MS doesn't support XP, why the heck would APPLE?!?
    Then why do they pretend to? :/

Then why do they pretend to? :/
    It's easier to pretend than to deny a service. That's how MS rolls, lol.

It's where you are.

Thanks

This has been out for a while... I use the Samsung Focus for my work phone and have been using this for about 2 months. Wish they would allow me to sync my contacts from my Mac. Waiting on that update!
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

they make office for mac, and they want to keep up with where the money is at. i don tknow how many people have mac and a windows phone. but they have to keep the options for there customers
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

I have these less than stellar specs:
    AMD Athlon II X2 M300
    4GB Ram
    320GB HD (plus 250GB external HD)
    ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Win 7 Premium
    those are stellar to me lol

those are stellar to me lol
    It is pretty spicy for a laptop, lol, but compared to desktops... It isn't even in the ballpark.

It's where you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12