+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Annual Supplier Audit Reveals More Than a Few Disturbing Discoveries

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by mortopher If you want to pay double the price then they will gladly make it here. I would gladly pay double. With the state our economy is
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    If you want to pay double the price then they will gladly make it here.
    I would gladly pay double. With the state our economy is in bringing jobs back to America is the right thing to do. These situations would be easier to oversee in our own backyard.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I know, giving people working conditions that encourage suicide is totally ok. What's gotten in to people?
    If I remember correctly, an article on here a little while back explained this situation a bit further. Foxconn has an ungodly number of employees, especially at "iPod City", and the article pointed out that while that temporary surge in suicides was most unfortunate, the average suicide rate was still significantly lower than the general population.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I would gladly pay double. With the state our economy is in bringing jobs back to America is the right thing to do. These situations would be easier to oversee in our own backyard.
    Sadly way more than 50% of current customers would go elsewhere if the price doubled.
    Last edited by mortopher; 02-15-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    For everyone saying their not going to buy Apple anymore because of this get off your high horse. Do you actually think this only happens overseas with Apple?? The same thing can be said about almost any major company with factories, but at least Apple's doing something about it and reporting it. Can't say the same about too many other big corporations.

I've had some big wigs from major companies come to my Business Management Lectures course. When they talk about taking over at an overseas plant to increase revenue and productivity they all say that the first thing they had to change were working conditions. And the stuff that Apple has reported was normal for them to see unfortunately. But it's nice when someone takes over that actually cares about working conditions and makes a change. Every little bit helps.
    yea i highly doubt those saying they are not going to buy apple products anymore are just talking in the moment. Its horrible how some companies just look past the conditions of workers overseas, it would be impossible to make the kind of revenue that those companies make here in the states. i would say that we have too many regulations and wage changing restrictions that we do this to ourselves, we put these working conditions on others
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    This is peanuts compared to other companies who manufacture their products in countries where there are little to no regulations on safe working environments. Not saying this is ok but y'all saying apple products are like blood diamonds and that y'all will never buy an apple product because of this are fooling yourself if you believe this is only defined to apple lol.
    Agreed.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123