Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV gets Untethered Jailbreak with Greenpois0n RC6

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro2NR View Post
    XBMC is great if you have different media files that you would like to view on your Apple TV2 (ATV2).

If you're like me, I have tons of divx movies and shows on my hard drive located on my Airport Extreme. XBMC allows one access it and watch them!
    The reason for jailbreaking my APTV2 is to acces my files on my seagate wifi external hard drive. I have a couple hundred movies and shows, plus thousands of pictures and music. They are all in MP4 format(I believe), meaning they are all in my iTunes library. I only want the ability to stream without having to use a computer. I believe this is possible through XBMC as long as I can figure out where to point it. That's where reading will come unto play I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    The reason for jailbreaking my APTV2 is to acces my files on my seagate wifi external hard drive. I have a couple hundred movies and shows, plus thousands of pictures and music. They are all in MP4 format(I believe), meaning they are all in my iTunes library. I only want the ability to stream without having to use a computer. I believe this is possible through XBMC as long as I can figure out where to point it. That's where reading will come unto play I guess.
    Same here. You should be able to do it because I am able to do it through my airport extreme. I am not sure if the settings are correct. I post the screen shots of the XBMC settings you have to add.

On my Stand alone Wifi External Hard-Drive from Seagate, I was able to connect straight to it and stream to my ATV2 without the need of a computer.

In the videos Tab in XBMC, I checked,"add source." From there I scrolled down to the "Windows Tab" and there XBMX detected my external. I simply logged into my external though XBMC and that was it.

The problem I am having is if it is a movie that I burned on to my drive, the movie file plays flawlessly! However, if it is a movie purchased though I-Tunes, it will not play. I also tried watching TV shows and had the same problem. It seems to get stuck in the buffering process. Is this normal? I was hoping to be able to watch all of my content at will without the computer.

I am sure I will figure it out later when I have the time!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a great tutorial for those who don't have Hulu yet.I must say the quality is excellent(watching "Its always sunny in Philly") now.

XBMC Plug-Ins: Get Hulu And More On Your AppleTV 2 | FSMdotCOM
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post:

ThaNatrix (02-20-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    Here's a great tutorial for those who don't have Hulu yet.I must say the quality is excellent(watching "Its always sunny in Philly") now.

XBMC Plug-Ins: Get Hulu And More On Your AppleTV 2 | FSMdotCOM
    Now if only Plex could play it...I like it way more than XBMC

i installed green pois0n rc 5 on my iphone 4, now rc6.1 is out, do i need to upgrade to that??

No you are fine.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456