Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV gets Untethered Jailbreak with Greenpois0n RC6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This should help..
    Best Video Add-ons for XBMC | FireCore
    Have fun

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sorenh For This Useful Post:

mustard05 (02-14-2011), pickeledpeter (02-14-2011), romeoz (02-14-2011)

Ok, so I have a 4TB RAID box hooked to my Airport Extreme. All I need to do is JB the ATV2 and install XMBC? Then I can watch all the .avi and .mkv movies I have on the drive?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    This fastpass is the bizzzz. I always defend my ATV2, but know I can feel good about it! Thanks for posting the link about fastpasstv and the other repo's. Thinking about dropping cable now, shoot.

Hello everyone. I did the jailbreak on my apple tv 2 but I don't know what to do with xmbc. How do you drag and share from com to xmbc. Is there something that needs to plugged in to my computer or it is it all wifi. I have a Ethernet plugged in now but I don't know what to do. I thought that this was gonna be Like an iPhone 4 jailbreak. I need details on how to add sources and how to watch a movie from my com to xbmc

I just found something rather disturbing tonight. Is anyone else having trouble getting the Remote App on the iPhone (mine is a 4, but I don't think that matters) to connect up with ANY iTunes or Apple TV libraries??

I have my two mac's with itunes up and running along with my apple tv. They all show up just fine in the list of libraries I can choose, I have the home sharing turned on everywhere, but yet each time I touch one to connect to, it just times out. It ends up coming up with the message that Remote can't connect to your iTunes library.

I have checked the wireless part on my router, its fine. I don't have a firewall running. I have turned off the wifi and turned it back on on the phone. Nothing is working. Does anyone have any ideas or explanations??

EDIT: Ok, so it doesn't really have to do with my Apple TV specifically, but it's bugging me. I put Remote on my old 3G and it connects with everything just fine. Anyone got any ideas? I guess I am going to remove it from my 4 and reinstall it. Maybe that will do it.

EDIT EDIT: Nope, that didn't do any good. Really confused now.
    Last edited by steveken; 02-15-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: updated it a little more.

Just jailbroke my AppleTV and installed XBMC. Works like charm. No Wifi issues. Getting into DFU mode was tricky though, had to try quite a few times to get it right. Oh, and make sure not to disconnect the micro usb cable immediately after GP says complete. There seems to be a timing issue and the jailbreak process continues for a minute or so after the 'completed' message. Please allow that time.
    Last edited by zsoumya; 02-15-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks

Netflix was enough for me to buy one. I also like the AirPlay feature! Until Apple decides to incorporate an App Store and or Game Center, Im all set with a Jailbreak that does nothing but Jailbreak haha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

ATV JB homescreen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

I JB with GP rc6, and when I goto the install software menu under NitoTV, I choose to install XBMC... takes a little to download/install, but then there's nothing. I even tried unplugging power cord and retarting ATV.

XBMC does not seem to load then, any ideas?!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wmubronco View Post
    I JB with GP rc6, and when I goto the install software menu under NitoTV, I choose to install XBMC... takes a little to download/install, but then there's nothing. I even tried unplugging power cord and retarting ATV.

XBMC does not seem to load then, any ideas?!?
    reboot......nito/settings/reboot ATV..that will install your plug-ins
    ..if you lose wifi after that.....nito/settings/update nitoTV..glta
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks Yentrog. Do you recommend reintalling XBMC since I have unplugged the ATV? Or should it still be there just waiting for the "reboot"?

Not at home, but definitely want to get this working later today. You try the seasonpass addons?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wmubronco View Post
    Thanks Yentrog. Do you recommend reintalling XBMC since I have unplugged the ATV? Or should it still be there just waiting for the "reboot"?

Not at home, but definitely want to get this working later today. You try the seasonpass addons?
    I would reboot first,that worked for me.If your XBMC and or add-ons don't show up(homescreen weather,slideshow and custom settings)I would update nitoTV and start over..keep at it..you will get all the add-ons and XBMC..good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post:

wmubronco (02-15-2011)

Thanks man, I will post later on today and give an update on how it goes...

yentrog31, I didn't find the homescreen weather you mentioned in your last post, but I did find a mainmenuweather. I installed it, but can't seem to figure out how to configure it for local weather. Do you know anything about it?

EDIT: NM, got ahold of the author and he told me how.
    Last edited by steveken; 02-15-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    yentrog31, I didn't find the homescreen weather you mentioned in your last post, but I did find a mainmenuweather. I installed it, but can't seem to figure out how to configure it for local weather. Do you know anything about it?
    Yes, you must have a custom settings by now then.
    go to custom settings/main menu ext/main weather/add WOEID/find code(yahooweather.com..type in your zip-there will be a code # in the URL) save and activate.Done.Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lite4d View Post
    Just jailbroke my Atv and installed XBMC. This is great! I had to do the jailbreak a couple of time but it works great!
    I had been looking for ages for a good, cheap, powerful XBMC setup.
    Purchased an ATV 2 today, did the Greenpois0n RC6 jailbreak, and XBMC is up and running! So much power in such a little box.

With XBMC on AppleTV, all my media files on a dedicated server, and PlayOn running on the network, I think I might just drop my cable TV.

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Is it an easy way to jailbreak my apple tv 2G been trying GP rc6 but can't get it into dfu mode tried like 40 times holding both play pause and menu button while following the on screen directions but still no dfu or jailbreak thanks for any help.
    You have to play around with it a little. I followed the on-screen instructions, and didn't get into DFU mode initially, but as soon as I unplugged and plugged the ATV back in, the 'jailbreak' button was available. Just keep playing with it.
    Last edited by Caligula; 02-15-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

busted my new apple tv out of jail yesterday and loaded xbmc...

has anybody tried the emulators and bluetooth support?

xbmc rocks!!!! so many cool plugins... and SMB shares!

Hello everyone. I did the jailbreak on my apple tv 2 but I don't know what to do with xmbc. How do you drag and share from com to xmbc. Is there something that needs to plugged in to my computer or it is it all wifi. I have a Ethernet plugged in now but I don't know what to do. I thought that this was gonna be Like an iPhone 4 jailbreak. I need details on how to add sources and how to watch a movie from my com to xbmc

I just jail broke my ATV2 as well! I tried several times with no luck. On the last go around I pulled the power after GP failed and as I did that it immediately started to jailbreak. I have since installed XBMC. I have no clue what to do with it, but when I get the time I will google it and do some reading.

Thanks to all the members who have contributed to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I just jail broke my ATV2 as well! I tried several times with no luck. On the last go around I pulled the power after GP failed and as I did that it immediately started to jailbreak. I have since installed XBMC. I have no clue what to do with it, but when I get the time I will google it and do some reading.

Thanks to all the members who have contributed to this thread!
    XBMC is great if you have different media files that you would like to view on your Apple TV2 (ATV2).

If you're like me, I have tons of divx movies and shows on my hard drive located on my Airport Extreme. XBMC allows one access it and watch them!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast