Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Wants Out of Apple's iTunes

So Sony can't sell eBooks and they decide to pull out their catalog from iTunes. Wonder how many people will start pirating the songs again?

sony is retarded. good luck with your own store, wont even touch half the revenue of itunes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone needs to make an iTunes alternative that works with iProducts. (MyTunes) This service would only work with jailbroken devices. Then get Sony to add a music store to it. Screw Apple!

Oh sony. This move would hurt you more than it would hurt apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What a bunch of corporate cry babies.
    Agreed! Sony's acting like a bunch of 3rd graders. Hmmm Apple and Geo on the bad side of Sony interesting.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't think their Artists would be very happy about their music being pulled from iTunes... the largest music retail outlet in the world!
    Seriously, that would be a loss for them! Doesn't make any sense. Sony should be mature enough to know that they could try and make something of their own but still have music through iTunes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

At least some companies are not afraid of apple. If sony pulls out, sony would find some other company or competitor to go to (i.e Zune) and it means apple will lose money as well. So in the end Sony has the upper hand.Then can take all the music they own and bring it somewhere else which would hurt apple just as much. I applaud sony for at least "threatening" to do something and in the end i hope they do.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iFrosty For This Useful Post:

mnoraznan (02-12-2011), rickuk (02-11-2011), unison999 (02-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Sony is the last company you want to piss off
    Agreed

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceman1701 For This Useful Post:

unison999 (02-11-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    At least some companies are not afraid of apple. If sony pulls out, sony would find some other company or competitor to go to (i.e Zune) and it means apple will lose money as well. So in the end Sony has the upper hand.Then can take all the music they own and bring it somewhere else which would hurt apple just as much. I applaud sony for at least "threatening" to do something and in the end i hope they do.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but Apple doesn't have exclusive rights to Sony's music. Sony is selling their music through Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy... etc. iTunes just happens to be ONE of the outlets they retail through. If I had to guess I would say a very large percentage of their sales comes through iTunes though.

I am glad that Sony is finally standing up for themselves somewhere. I don't think Sony will be hurt much, as they're a big company. I just hope that it gives Apple something to think about.

Wasn't there an article a few months ago on how apple was going to buy sony? What happened
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCMacMan View Post
    Yeah, this is just a threat. What a dumb move by Sony if its not. "Hey guys, we're really mad about Apple enforcing the policies we agreed to abide by when we became app publishers. Let's threaten to withdraw our music -- threatening our tens of millions of dollars a year business for our ereader business that makes just a fraction of that...Yeah, that's a great idea!"

idiots.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    You do realize that a company like Sony has no problem with starting their own music company and since people want to listen to the artists on Sony they will buy from whatever Sony puts out? Trust me, they might lose money on startup but overall this could be good for them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leathelisor For This Useful Post:

mnoraznan (02-12-2011), unison999 (02-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Yeah!!!! Sony is a big company Apple should not have pissed off.
    I knew Apple would bite off more than they can chew!!!
    I am sure their music will go onto some other retail outlet, not as big as iTunes but at least they will not be pushed around by Apple.
    Sony isn't going to pull from iTunes. That would be suicide for their bottom line. They'd have to concentrate on CD's again!

Thanks

I thought it was funny when Apple finally got THE BEATLES COLLECTION...haha! I mean if your a Beatles fan at all, you already have it all anyway. Now it's all about competition...it will be good for John Q Public in the end. I'll be ready to reap the rewards.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Sony isn't going to pull from iTunes. That would be suicide for their bottom line. They'd have to concentrate on CD's again!
    uhhh it is already on many other outlet like everyone said above, you can still get Sony artist's music through other means.

I hope Sony follow through with their threat, that would mean Apple can no longer boast having a huge music library for iTunes.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

mnoraznan (02-12-2011)

Sony better think twice... This gonna piss off a bunch of people, iTunes customers, the Artist's, and alot more. Why cry and take away your music cuz Apple's not sharing for 1 time... they gotta think about the long run.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

they cant afford to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

You know what they say about payback. Apparently, Sony's feelings are still hurt about Apple rejecting the Sony e-reader application from the App Store because it would have effectively bypassed Apple's system for buying content. As a result of Apple "cracking down" and "tightening control" even further than usual, Sony may now be gearing up to reject Apple - at least in terms of the music it currently makes available through iTunes.

In a new interview with The Age to promote the launch of Sony's Music Unlimited service in Australia, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment Michael Ephraim says his company isn't afraid to take on iTunes in the digital music space. In reality, the company actually welcomes the competition with Apple. Moving forward, in fact, Ephraim doesn't even see a need for doing business with Apple's iTunes when it's no longer the main player in the game.

"If we do [get mass take-up], then does Sony Music need to provide content to iTunes?" Ephraim said. "Currently we do. We have to provide it to iTunes as that's the format right now." Controversially, he added: "Publishers are being held ransom by Apple and they are looking for other delivery systems, and we are waiting to see what the next three to five years will hold."

The Age
    This is going to hurt my music alot
    Im eman297

Wow Sony! First Sueing GeoHot and now threating to pull all your music from itunes! Sony is really one force not to mess with!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast