Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Planning Major New Retail Outlets in NY and CA

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Reportedly Planning Major New Retail Outlets in NY and CA

Apple is reaching coast to coast with its expanding number of retail outlets. As expected, Apple is gearing up to bulk up the number of Apple Stores currently available across the US. And according to a report Monday from The New York Observer, Apple is going big with its next groundbreakings.

Covering the real estate scene in New York, writer Laura Kusisto says Apple "has begun a super-secret quest" for a store in historic Grand Central Terminal. "Reliable sources" sparked the report, which contends that Apple wants to open a store in the aforementioned transportation and retail hub, although the company "has yet to begin the long approval process necessary for opening in a city landmark." While it's clear that a considerable period of time will pass before Apple's grand plans for Grand Central Terminal take shape, the boys and girls in Cupertino have plenty with which to occupy themselves in nearby Palo Alto, California.

According to another slate of published reports, Apple is also looking at building an elaborate glass-shrine of a retail store similar to that which is found on Manhattan's Upper West Side. As it stands, Apple is considering a 16,600 square-foot store to be located at 340 University Avenue. Apple currently has an Apple Store in Palo Alto, which would likely be replaced by the new ornate structure.

The New York Observer
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 02-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Epic stuff! They should do this all over North-America *wink*Canada*wink*!
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the 3 floor Apple stores. Mad nice so much to see

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

THAT... Is very asthetically pleasing to the eye. I agree, the three floor stores are pretty sweet looking. The best one we have around here is Cherry Hill, NJ. Just a standard store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i wonder if theyll have a jb section... .. . . . .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jMiza For This Useful Post:

holygamer22 (02-08-2011)

Don't see the point, three floors of display Macs, iPads, iPods and iPhones, waste of money...

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Don't see the point, three floors of display Macs, iPads, iPods and iPhones, waste of money...
    Don't forget Apple TV, Maybe they'll have a huge big screen with comfy couches.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple Stores are amazing, they're sleek, smooth, and eye catching..just like their products!

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Like what, every color of iPods they have, multiple times? An iMac with 2 gigs of ram, then on with 4? how about a wall full of accessories that all look the same but are different brands. Seriously...Apple doesn't have that many products.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Like what, every color of iPods they have, multiple times? An iMac with 2 gigs of ram, then on with 4? how about a wall full of accessories that all look the same but are different brands. Seriously...Apple doesn't have that many products.
    Yep all of that. Love it

Banned
    Thanks

I dont think the Crapple blog would like this

Whoopy Ding Dong... now about opening some stores in cities and states that don't yet have them? Maybe Alaska, for instance, as we are some of the biggest consumers of Apple products per capita of any other state, yet we have no Apple store. Why does this suck? Because we can't just take our Macbooks and iPhones to the retail store anytime something goes wrong. We either have to A) take it to a local "Apple Authorized Dealer" who will charge us through the nose just to look at our stuff, or B) ship the whole shebang to Apple, which on a good day costs twice as much as it would for the rest of you in the continental US.

So sorry, I'm really not impressed by this Apple.

Yet there stores look better than most.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iphone?3gs For This Useful Post:

delusion950 (02-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Yet there stores look better than most.
    I agree... The total overall feel of an Apple store totally makes up for it. And besides... If you really want a product, it's on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    I agree... The total overall feel of an Apple store totally makes up for it. And besides... If you really want a product, it's on the internet.
    The apple stores are awesome, they are there mostly to look around and chill. It boosts there appearance. And some people use it as a computer lab!!
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

I think making more Apple stores is a great idea, they're a huge success and the more the marryer
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    Epic stuff! They should do this all over North-America *wink*Canada*wink*!
    The already have stores in Canada. They have 4 just in Toronto
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post
    Whoopy Ding Dong... now about opening some stores in cities and states that don't yet have them? Maybe Alaska, for instance, as we are some of the biggest consumers of Apple products per capita of any other state, yet we have no Apple store. Why does this suck? Because we can't just take our Macbooks and iPhones to the retail store anytime something goes wrong. We either have to A) take it to a local "Apple Authorized Dealer" who will charge us through the nose just to look at our stuff, or B) ship the whole shebang to Apple, which on a good day costs twice as much as it would for the rest of you in the continental US.

So sorry, I'm really not impressed by this Apple.
    I'm with you on this one. It would be awesome to have one at least in Anchorage.
    @hvywheel

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    what! have never been i one of those
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast