+ Reply
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev Team Releases greenpois0n, Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2.1

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Maybe it's one step too much for some, but I believe that for best result using redsn0w for jailbreak and Greenp0ison for untethered jb is the best and moste stable
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Maybe it's one step too much for some, but I believe that for best result using redsn0w for jailbreak and Greenp0ison for untethered jb is the best and moste stable combination.

I have jailbroken mine and many friends iPhones with tethered 4.2.1 redsn0w jailbreak and it has worked without any flaws. Today I could get my iPhone 4 untethered thanks to greenp0ison, but I have read that many users had different kinds of issues with the jailbreaking process. So what I suggest if you really want a jailbreak process you know will work and in the end will be a perfect untethered jailbreak. Start off by jailbreaking your iPhone with redsn0w and make it untethered with greenp0ison.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

well im giving up tonight, i can not get my ipad in DFU mode for some reason
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andersz View Post
    Maybe it's one step too much for some, but I believe that for best result using redsn0w for jailbreak and Greenp0ison for untethered jb is the best and moste stable combination.

I have jailbroken mine and many friends iPhones with tethered 4.2.1 redsn0w jailbreak and it has worked without any flaws. Today I could get my iPhone 4 untethered thanks to greenp0ison, but I have read that many users had different kinds of issues with the jailbreaking process. So what I suggest if you really want a jailbreak process you know will work and in the end will be a perfect untethered jailbreak. Start off by jailbreaking your iPhone with redsn0w and make it untethered with greenp0ison.
    Search for my solution, it is possible that no one try my guide? it fix all issue during jailbreacking!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone get Cydia installed yet? It doesn't appear when I open loader or if it does, it only downloads to like 10%.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

right got the program to work but now there is txt on my phone saying unable to find gbdevlist, unable to find fs_mount, unable to find fs_unmount , unable to find fs_load_file any ideas

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

The mac version is intel only :-(

I have ppc :-(

Not stoked :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think I'll wait for GEOH0TZ JB,,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leeuk View Post
    right got the program to work but now there is txt on my phone saying unable to find gbdevlist, unable to find fs_mount, unable to find fs_unmount , unable to find fs_load_file any ideas
    You have to hold the home button for a really long time. Until code runs all the way down your screen. filling it up with code in fact.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

Just keep trying over and over thats what i did, Make sure you hold down the home button until you see the greenpois0n icon after all the text has gone through. It may take a while a minute or 2 but does work if you keep your finger down and be a little patient. Only problem i have is cydia isnt showing up in the installer app
    Last edited by lillstar12; 02-04-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks

Well, I'm pleased with it, although I've been jailbroken on 4.2.1 for a while now but yes, the un-tethering is cool to have.

iOS 4.3...GRRR...looks like some worthwhile features are coming with it, so I sincerely hope that GeoHot's "announcement for 2/10" still holds true. I understand that Apple fixed, by accident at that, one of the exploits discovered for 4.2.1, which is the reason we have this new JB today.

Oh well, but for now, we're current!
    (2011) Mac mini Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz-3.2GHz (Turbo Boost) | 8GB DDR3 RAM | AMD Radeon HD 6630M | 27" LED Cinema Display | 6TB GRAID | 3TB Time Capsule 4th gen | iPhone 4 | iPad 2 | Apple TV 2nd gen. | Magic Trackpad | I surrender...

Thanks

I think its worked on my iPad - I now have a Loader icon, but when I try to open it it says 'Loading Sources' but then just sits there at a white screen - I presume this is where Cydia is supposed to be installed

Help - How can I install Cydia??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    I think its worked on my iPad - I now have a Loader icon, but when I try to open it it says 'Loading Sources' but then just sits there at a white screen - I presume this is where Cydia is supposed to be installed

I need to know this as well please peeps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post

Most likely Cydia is just overwhelmed right now. It's just a matter of time. Keep trying or come back to it later.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Greenpois0n.com is offline....

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ev_ol View Post
    Most likely Cydia is just overwhelmed right now. It's just a matter of time. Keep trying or come back to it later.
    Good point ill keep trying

Thanks

so far it worked well with my iphone 4 but my ipad is just hang'n on the "initialized" screen... how did you others get it to work on ipad?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default OK, so I get about 4 lines of code on my phone
    after running GP.....so do I continue to hold the home button until a GP logo comes on the screen? Several times I have gotten the code and then let go of the home button but I never see a loader folder on my phone. Thanks.

Thanks

Clearly as a first release there is bound to be some bugs in and out, so everyone stay focused on resolutions , i don't want to start a new thread on this but t could be beneficial because of the constant thank you posts here
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    Greenpois0n.com is offline....
    Same for me, I thought i was the only one, does anyone have a mirror link for a download, maybe another site hosted it by chance? would like to get my hands on this