+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Posts Golden Master Release of Xcode 4, Takes it Back Down, May Hint at OS X Lion

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Devs around the web are reporting that earlier this morning, the GM of Xcode 4 was released to devs. There seemed to be one very strange aspect to this download
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Apple Posts Golden Master Release of Xcode 4, Takes it Back Down, May Hint at OS X Lion

Devs around the web are reporting that earlier this morning, the GM of Xcode 4 was released to devs. There seemed to be one very strange aspect to this download however, the documentation of the GM said it required Mac OS X Lion to run. The release was very quickly pulled right back down, and there's no word when it'll be popping back up.

Well then, since the only Mac updates available for Mac have been the three beta releases of Snow Leopard 10.6.7, could this be an indication of the release of the first beta release of the next version of Mac OS X, Lion? Clearly this release was an accidental seed by Apple at this time at least, but what remains unclear is whether Apple meant that the GM release required Snow Leopard 10.6.7 or if Xcode 4 will truly require a beta version of Lion to download and run.

There have been several beta releases of Xcode 4. The first came at Apple's WWDC in June, and subsequent beta releases in July, September, October, November, and just a few weeks ago. The fourth version of Xcode will bring many new features to allow for Apple and iOS application development, particularly a single window user interface. MacRumors points out that major revisions to Xcode usually accompany Mac OS X software releases. With Xcode 3 coming alongside Leopard, and Xcode 3.2 coming alongside Snow Leopard.

Even though the software is currently unavailable, we can expect the GM for Xcode 4 to come very soon, we'd assume any day now. And maybe, just maybe, we'll see a beta release of Lion along with it.

Source:
    TUAW
    MacRumors

Thanks

Interesting chain of events, it was probably just a misprint of OS X version since if Apple had betas of Lion, they'd probably be releasing them
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lion is going to kick ***!

Thanks

untethered 4.2.1 is up at greenpois0n.com!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    greenpois0n is live!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

greenpois0n must be getting hammered because all I get are 503 service temporarily unavailable errors...

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm gonna refuse to update to 10.7; the features will only slow down all of the already slow macbooks... who wants a laptop that functions like an iPad? Rofl.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xxhorseriderxxx For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (02-04-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone steelersfan32's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why I think apple stages some of these leaks. I mean how do you "accidentally" post code onto the Internet? You have to ssh onto the server, upload the binary to the server, post a link to it on the site and refresh the server. And your gonna tell me that all happened on accident?
    Want to drive an idiot insane? Click Here to find out how.

Thanks

I really doubt we're anywhere close for Lion, or any reference to Lion. As a developer there has been no beta releases of the OS. Apple is usually really good at making sure it's developers have an edge up to perform their compatibility tests to ensure their software still works with the new OS or update.

As for XCode 4, I do think it was a misprint requiring lion. They have been pretty steady releasing beta previews of X4. But we shall see.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Xcode 4 GM has been reseeded with the 10.7 references removed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Lion is going to kick ***!
    hell yea, i hope so. maybe its not far from here, when was the eta, summer?
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Banned
    Thanks

savoca actually knows what we want to hear! Thank you matt, for taking us out of the incredibly boring cycle of 3 wiley posts about macworld at 3 am!