+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Netgear Boss Blasts Apple Chief Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Cer0 No need to call people anything(Aimed at Everybody). As for this comment it was Linksys(Cisco). Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone For the record I don't Necessarily think the guy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    No need to call people anything(Aimed at Everybody). As for this comment it was Linksys(Cisco).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone
    For the record I don't Necessarily think the guy who said "their" was an idiot, but I do find it humorous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    All this open v closed bashing of Apple is jealousy. They want to cut in on apple's superior products design (not thier own) and bleed them of profits. Who says you have to do things a certain way. The owner / creator of the product has every right to decide how open or closed thier products are. The market is open...you can choose to go with apple, andriod, microsoft or whoever but the VAST majority is choosing Apple...that not open enough Mr Lo?
    Last edited by prazer; 01-31-2011 at 09:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    I'm glad you have a deep understanding of the pricing behind stocks.

I personally think that Apple has gotten pretty far with their setup, but I don't know how much further than can go. Opening up now might be that Gotcha moment that throws them for an even more wild ride and into even greater success. The closed market didn't work for them for the first 20? years.
    Smart man. Going forward, how much further can apple go with business as usual? Yes this is an "Apple" forum and yes this is being type on a jailbroken iPhone 4, BUT if you think android is sleeping on Apple you have another thing coming . Android is growing stronger and getting smarter with there phone design and software. Only time will tell.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "Smart man. Going forward, how much further can apple go with business as usual? Yes this is an "Apple" forum and yes this is being type on a jailbroken iPhone 4, BUT if you think android is sleeping on Apple you have another thing coming . Android is growing stronger and getting smarter with there phone design and software. Only time will tell."

True...but where is the cutting edge tech that redefines an industry. The visionary leadership of Jobs IS the ONLY issue at stake of where Apple goes from here. Andriod et al has never made the ground shake when they have introduced new products enhancements etc...everyone is feeding off of Apple. Its all reactionary.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, look at all this dumb fanboys. You make me puke.
    That control freak Jobs was told to shove it and all the pimple faced fanboys feel offended.
    Jobs is a freak, and I, just like a lot of other people despise his ego, so yeah good riddance.
    I have an iPhone, the only Apple product I have ever had and have no intention ever to buy another one.
    The only reason I bought this one is because I was able to jealbreak it and now can do whatever I want with a product that I legally purchased and own outright.
    If it was up to that facker Jobs I would have never been able to do that so yeah, have a nice (after)life, whenever he goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadsamurai View Post
    That control freak Jobs was told to shove it and all the pimple faced fanboys feel offended.
    Jobs is a freak, and I, just like a lot of other people despise his ego, so yeah good riddance.
    I have an iPhone, the only Apple product I have ever had and have no intention ever to buy another one.
    The only reason I bought this one is because I was able to jealbreak it and now can do whatever I want with a product that I legally purchased and own outright.
    If it was up to that facker Jobs I would have never been able to do that so yeah, have a nice (after)life, whenever he goes.
    Are you wishing death on him?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    This is why you need an open system:

-homescreen replacement
    -widgets
    -PSX emulator, GBC emulator, etc
    -REAL multitasking (not just pause it)
    -open a file (from a file manager) with an array of apps; not just what the dev says is okay (or apple as a matter of fact)
    -make ringtones right on the devices without needing itunes
    -lock every app on the devices with a swiping motion, no more pins to remember
    -access internal memory
    -copy any text from anywhere on the screen using OCR (app is called copy-paste it)
    -dropbox upload ANY file you want; no restrictions
    -multiple email apps, you pick which is best for you. thats goes for contacts, photos, calendar, you name it.
    -many browsers to choose from, not just two
    -voice to text input
    -alternate keyboards (thumb keyboard, smart keyboard,better keyboard) for those who dont have the ideal hand size to wield an apple product
    -return apps in 15 minutes
    -download ANY file right from MY browser; i dont need goodreader to do it

PS- I dont even need to be rooted or what you guys call "jailbroken" to do it. I can do it right out of the box.

You guys may get me on a couple apps, but you WONT get me on all. peace.

flame on!
    We can do that and more with jailbreaking, which is as easy as doing some stuff on android....

We have a nice user friendly homescreen....

We have an app for everything and have the apps all on the homescreen.... We dont need widgets....

-We have emulators

-REAL MULTITASKING? What does that mean to you? So you mean to say that you want it to eat your battery even though your not using it? For music? It works.... Yeah so our multitasking works just as good as yours except it dosent kill the battery...

-Why need a file manager when there is an app for everything you need, and that can access what you need? It just makes it more cluttered....

-We access the internal memory for everything....

-We can already copy and paste all text... Thats like 3.0

-Dropbox is an app.... So i dont know the restriction but it dosent count as the whole phone.... And there basically isnt any restrictions.... Its not very smart to be able to upload apps...

-We have multiple email apps

-We have a lot of browser.... Safari, Skyfire, Opera, do you want more?

-Voice to input we have a lot of apps for that

-Keyboard done

-We can return apps

-We can download stuff right from our browser and view them or save them... PDF's music pics....

Quote Originally Posted by sadsamurai View Post
    Well you dont sound to awesome eaither... Chill your -----.... Your kinda making me puke.... You seem like a freak to wishing someones death....
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 01-31-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iphone?3gs For This Useful Post:

eZStaR (01-31-2011)

Thanks

Actually I do like the file manager and upload capabilities of Android. On iOS you have to download iFile and iStorage for $5.99 (this one's from the App Store). Even then the upload only works about half the time.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    We can do that and more with jailbreaking, which is as easy as doing some stuff on android....

We have a nice user friendly homescreen....

We have an app for everything and have the apps all on the homescreen.... We dont need widgets....

-We have emulators

-REAL MULTITASKING? What does that mean to you? So you mean to say that you want it to eat your battery even though your not using it? For music? It works.... Yeah so our multitasking works just as good as yours except it dosent kill the battery...

-Why need a file manager when there is an app for everything you need, and that can access what you need? It just makes it more cluttered....

-We access the internal memory for everything....

-We can already copy and paste all text... Thats like 3.0

-Dropbox is an app.... So i dont know the restriction but it dosent count as the whole phone.... And there basically isnt any restrictions.... Its not very smart to be able to upload apps...

-We have multiple email apps

-We have a lot of browser.... Safari, Skyfire, Opera, do you want more?

-Voice to input we have a lot of apps for that

-Keyboard done

-We can return apps

-We can download stuff right from our browser and view them or save them... PDF's music pics....

Well you dont sound to awesome eaither... Chill your -----.... Your kinda making me puke.... You seem like a freak to wishing someones death....
    I'm an avid supporter of jailbroken iOS, but come one man. The majority of the things you list that we can do are only possible because hackers/devs OPENED up the CLOSED platform that is iOS.

Thanks

Oh and the restrictions of DropBox is you can only upload photos. Lame. (by the way I actually do like jailbroken iOS more than Android, but I haven't really had much experience with Android)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe netgear is mad because they want Apple to incorporate their hardware into Apple products?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Android on the flagship devices produced now is leaps and bounds beyond what it was back when the first Droid came out. They do have some quality phones out now. For me however, I've always been satisfied with iPhones and thus have no reason to stray for now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I'm an avid supporter of jailbroken iOS, but come one man. The majority of the things you list that we can do are only possible because hackers/devs OPENED up the CLOSED platform that is iOS.
    Actually only a couple had to be done jailbroken... Emulators and themes.. and keyboard... We can view stuff right from our browser... Though that Dropbox thing is pretty stupid then

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Actually I do like the file manager and upload capabilities of Android. On iOS you have to download iFile and iStorage for $5.99 (this one's from the App Store). Even then the upload only works about half the time.
    Yea then some kid jacks up their android cause it's an open platform then takes it back to their network provider and complains about how jacked up their phone is. Keep it simple just like apple dose and if you need that extra something to set your phone aside from the others then jailbreak it just keep it simple for the masses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Oh and the restrictions of DropBox is you can only upload photos. Lame. (by the way I actually do like jailbroken iOS more than Android, but I haven't really had much experience with Android)
    Oh IDK that... That sucks... I have Dropbox but havent tried to upload anything only view whats there....

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Thanks

I'm ready to try another phone, but am pretty sure I would be disappointed(I have not tried HoneyComb) so I got the iPhone 4.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

I can't wait to test a HoneyComb slate. That was the Android version I was waiting for to try an Android slate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I'm ready to try another phone, but am pretty sure I would be disappointed(I have not tried HoneyComb) so I got the iPhone 4.
    Same here ive tried it all? But most of them sacrificed something for something else... The iPhone just had it all good....

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snozberries View Post
    sooo i'll state this as simply as possible for you's guys.
    AAPL - $339.75/share
    NTGR - $34.73/share

closed business model this netgear!! p.s. - i own linksys/cisco products (TYVM!)

You over simplify things.
    How many shares are there for AAPL and how many shares are NTGR?
    Maybe NTGR want more shares out on the market to bring the price down so more people can afford it?

Even then what the guy saying about Apple is not wrong, except the part that take time to prove.

Edit: BTW if someone suddenly say NetGear equipment will now blocked by Apple iOS and it happens I would not be surprised.
    Last edited by unison999; 01-31-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I can't wait to test a HoneyComb slate. That was the Android version I was waiting for to try an Android slate.
    I, too, am waiting for HoneyComb. I wish the Atrix was coming out with it, but they are launching it with 2.2. In the mean time I am awaiting the specs on the iPad 2.