+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Netgear Boss Blasts Apple Chief Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler There are reasons beyond ego to trash flash, and Jobs certainly isn't the only one doing that. The reason to to say that flash is going
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    There are reasons beyond ego to trash flash, and Jobs certainly isn't the only one doing that.
    The reason to to say that flash is going the way of the dinosaur was not rooted in ego - it was fact and no one with a modicum of forward thinking will disagree. But until HTML5 becomes the dominant vehicle for web media - Flash should still be supported. Even if they just disrespected it and called it "legacy" support.

Not supporting it at all reaks of ego-trippin' to me.

As fas as Apple's future without Jobs - I agree. There are many people with the knowhow to make great products. But without the ringleader/firestarter that Jobs is, I believe Apple products & designs will sink (Regress is perhaps a better word) back to the dreaded "ho-hum" status that so many of its competitors suffer from. At that point, the only thing that would justify the price premium is their marketing campaigns.

Any one see Ratatouille ? Its kinda like when the head chef of that restaurant died, and his understudy just slapped his name on a bunch of frozen dinners and totally ruined the vibe.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 01-31-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added to text
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm jealous perhaps? On the other hand my netgear router was free .. lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

**** you, Patrick Lo.

Go change your last name to "Low".

/end

Thanks

Patrick needs a chill pill.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

I would like to see HIM do better? what does he think he's doing? does he think he's going to be better than Jobs and Apple? i dont think so. Apple will go on, and his company will fail as it does today

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I've yet to see any Android OS apps/capabilities out do the Apple iOS...have you???
    Please do explain what are these amazing capabilities of Apple iOS that Android doesn't have.
    Can't wait to hear them!

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Apple's OS you can literally do anything you want after jailbreaking it, much more so than Android will be capable of, ever.
    Same goes here, please explain further...I love these one liner statements with no arguments behind them.
    Without that it's nothing more than just personal opinionated puffs and rants.

Secondly you mentioned one crucial thing...Apple iOS is closed junk without jailbraking (you can't even change a damn theme without it for ****s sakes)...that's why after 3 years of using it I switched (and trust me I will NEVER go back)...because I just got sick of praying how long will it take some1 to jailbreak the firmware before I can upgrade (which you can count on being longer and longer as the time goes by).
    Additionally to that I hate being forced to upgrade every 2 years (even though I do), just because someone else decided that my phone is obsolete now.

So I do have extensive experience with both, and am not just a fanboy.
    With Android at least once you do r00t, Boot S-Off and Radio S-Off you are set for life and you never have to pray again.
    Last edited by brab; 01-31-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks

I don't get it. Why does every news thread turn into Android v. iOS? Why are Android supremacists even here?

Idk why I said "Android supremacists" just improvising.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sure steve has already thought well ahead and has chosen his successor and is grooming him/her to take over. Apple may not be the same without sj and although we wish him all the best, a speedy recovery, and a long life, we all know he will leave apple in good, capable, and responsible hands.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They will never outsell Apple's hardware, they will not get anywhere even if something happens to Steve Jobs.
    Um, Android is already outselling Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snozberries View Post
    sooo i'll state this as simply as possible for you's guys.
    AAPL - $339.75/share
    NTGR - $34.73/share

closed business model this netgear!! p.s. - i own linksys/cisco products (TYVM!)
    lol never owned a netgear product before i stick with linksys/cisco and looking at those stock prices yea Lo i wouldnt waste my time on you either lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KevJ View Post
    Android has been out as long as the iPhone has. Remember the tmobile g1? And now android has just started to outsell within the past year or so. Keep in mind android had to be released on all 4 carriers to outsell apple which until recently has only been on 1.

Thanks

Are routers supposed to have to be restarted every month? Because my Netgear router does.

Thanks

Atleast my latest iPhone gets it's upgrades on time.
    On a side note linksys ftw :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Keep in mind android had to be released on all 4 carriers to outsell apple which until recently has only been on 1.
    Virgin is releasing (though Target has started selling it early) a new Android phone for $150, with a $25 plan and no contract. This is where Android is going to really hit iOS hard: the budget market.

Sure, right now Apple is sitting pretty. But I'm sure Motorola felt the same way about their RAZR and we all know how that ended.

Thanks

Holy ****!!! How is this about how ANDROID is beating Apple in the market?! This is a Netgear vs. Apple thread, meaning nothing to do with Android.
    Last edited by Cer0; 01-31-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

Agreed.
    I don't even know why there is a fight between closed and open. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Apple's OS you can literally do anything you want after jailbreaking it, much more so than Android will be capable of, ever.

All companies try to make phones with "superior" hardware, yet don't realize software is the key. And Apple's software always triumphs that Android trash.
    I mean seriously, how does a phone with 5 mp (iphone) have better pictures than the 8 mp droids etc etc? How does a phone with a slower processor have better multi touch capabilities (iphone) than any of the jerky/sluggish screens that all Android phones have? I could go on and on and on. Android will never beat Apple's "closed" software. They will never outsell Apple's hardware, they will not get anywhere even if something happens to Steve Jobs.
    +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    Please do explain what are these amazing capabilities of Apple iOS that Android doesn't have.
    Can't wait to hear them!

Same goes here, please explain further...I love these one liner statements with no arguments behind them.

Secondly you mentioned one crucial thing...Apple iOS is closed junk without jailbraking (you can't even change a damn theme without it for ****s sakes)...that's why after 3 years of using it I switched (and trust me I will NEVER go back)...because I just got sick of praying how long will it take some1 to jailbreak the firmware before I can upgrade (which you can count on being longer and longer as the time goes by).
    Additionally to that I hate being forced to upgrade every 2 years (even though I do), just because someone else decided that my phone is obsolete now.

With Android at least once you do r00t, Boot S-Off and Radio S-Off you are set for life and you never have to pray again.
    Hmm...

Updates
    Battery Life
    A Better App Store
    Ease of Use
    Multitasking that works well
    No messaging bugs
    A Better Media Player

Hmm what does Android have that iOS dosent other than themes? Bugs.... Yeah thats all....
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Are routers supposed to have to be restarted every month? Because my Netgear router does.
    Yes i just restart it when i am forced to reboot my iPhone monthly

Thanks

I know that my sister's Android with the specs of a 3G runs crappier than anything I've ever seen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    Can't wait to hear them!

I love idiots who think their smart. You have not researched each type of Android/Apple Phone like I have. You say without jailbreaking you cant change theme? Actually you can. You can change the background pics + lockscreen, its been there for some firmwares now. Have fun with your rooting and unresponsive phone.

Oh and,

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Hmm...

Updates
    Battery Life
    A Better App Store
    Ease of Use
    Multitasking that works well
    No messaging bugs
    A Better Media Player

Hmm what does Android have that iOS dosent other than themes? Bugs.... Yeah thats all....
    That answers it all. +1 to that.

Quote Originally Posted by KevJ View Post
    How is Android outselling Apple's iPhone exactly? Look carefully at how many the iPhone has sold each quarter compared to the Android phones ROFL. Last I saw, iPhone sells around 16 million, while Android sells 1-2 million each phone.

Companies make more Android phones than they can sell ROFLLL.
    Thats why their phones are trash, they don't stick to one-two phones which are superior, but instead make ****** phones constantly thinking they will make money.

Android will always be trash, until they can fully utilize their hardware and software capabilities. Like I said before, I cannot stand phones which have better hardware but multi touch capabilities are pure ****. Apple = butter multi touch, Android = Crap, jerky unresponsive. Which one is better?

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS