+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi at Macworld: McTiVia Brings your Computer Screen to your TV Screen

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default MMi at Macworld: McTiVia Brings your Computer Screen to your TV Screen

The McTiVia booth at Macworld Expo wasnít the flashiest at this yearís show, but it did have one of the most intriguing products there. The McTiVia is a rather unassuming black box that looks like it has a couple of rabbit ears sticking out of it. This device bridges the gap between your Mac and HDTV, by allowing you to use your TV as a Mac monitor, wirelessly. You simply connect the McTiVia to your TV with an HDMI cable and then you can see the content of your Mac on your TV screen.

The McTiVia works over your local Wi-Fi network and once itís hooked up to the TV you're done. There is nothing to attach to your computer and because it communicates over Wi-Fi, it has the same range as your local network. You can control the computer with an iOS remote app or you can hook up a mouse and keyboard to the USB port on the device.

If youíve ever wanted to watch internet TV like Hulu on your flat panel TV, with McTiVia, now you can do just that. You can finally relax on your sofa, kick back and watch internet videos on your television without having to worry about paying any monthly fees.

Apple TV works quite well streaming content from your computer, but so far, itís streaming capabilities are very limited. With McTiVia, there are no limitations to what you can stream. If itís on your computer screen, itís on your TV screen as well.

Although you can bounce videos from iPhones to iPads and Apple TVís, so far getting internet video onto your HDTV hasnít been an easy feat to accomplish. With a McTiVia device connected to a TV, you can finally watch all the Hulu you want and it canít be blocked either. Now if there was only something good on to watch.

Source: Awind McTiVia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"The McTiVia works over your local Wi-Fi network and once itís hooked up to the TV your done."

You're professional writers, huh?

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikePA For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (01-31-2011), Caligula (01-31-2011), csglinux (01-31-2011), holygamer22 (01-31-2011), jguest (01-31-2011), ronfin44 (01-31-2011)

Thanks

"Brings your Computer Screen to your TV Screen"

So does my Kanex iAdapt 51. (It fuses headphone jack + mini DisplayPort into HDMI.)

And Kanex has an adapter for newer MBPs (April 2010 onwards) that does audio through the mini DisplayPort, so all you need is an HDMI cable.

In this AirPlay-stereo Bluetooth-wifi sync age, I think sometimes tethered can be better.

Green Apple
    Thanks

See as a windows 7 user, alli need is my xbox

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    "The McTiVia works over your local Wi-Fi network and once it’s hooked up to the TV your done."

What?!?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

"The McTiVia works over your local Wi-Fi network and once itís hooked up to the TV your done."

Wow....it's getting old..

Anyway, this looks alright, it's nice that its wireless. I just use mini DP and a HDMI adapter, works really well and it was cheap!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've gone for the other approach!

Macbook wired to TV - then bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So this streams sound as well, or you have to have a separate wire to do that?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why do you guys give Wiley so much **** about his articles?

I don't see any of you with "mmi staff writer" by your name. Nope, just some lowly forum users.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

im thinking that an ATV2 for half the price would be a better deal. although the ATV2 is slightly limited at this time. Good concept. I'll watch for a price drop.
    "they're trashing our rights. hack the planet!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have Mac, yet....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Anyone know if this is windows compatible as well?

Thanks.

Thanks

Can someone explain to me why I would spend 200+ on this when I can go with the miniDisplay port route for about 30$???
    If only all closed minds came with closed mouths

Common sense is not that common

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ya, this tech has been out for a while. Wonder what the apple tax will be on it.

Newegg.com - ASUS EW2000-NA WiCast 1080p wireless HDMI solution to connect NB/PC with TV

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Why do you guys give Wiley so much **** about his articles?

I don't see any of you with "mmi staff writer" by your name. Nope, just some lowly forum users.
    Please report any more of this you see. I am sick of it myself. I will start handing out infractions for people being off-topic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Stay on topic.

Please report any more of this you see. I am sick of it myself. I will start handing out infractions for people being off-topic.
    Muhahaha!

I like the concept of this product, but it's pricy.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Wow....it's getting old..

Anyway, this looks alright, it's nice that its wireless. I just use mini DP and a HDMI adapter, works really well and it was cheap!

Proper spelling and grammar never get old, unless you're the person too lazy not to care about it, and enjoy coming-across as stupid. ugh. This generation is Generation Dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    Muhahaha!

I like the concept of this product, but it's pricy.
    Yea it is

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Stay on topic.

I hope you're handing out infractions for poor grammar, and poorly written articles. It's one thing to allow ignorance to be overlooked because you've gotten lazy on the Internet, or think it's petty, but to handout infractions to ANYONE that brings attention to this is a perfect example as to why this crap occurs. It's no wonder this Generation is so stupid. Even the people in-charge condone this lazy attitude towards being educated.

If your job title is "writer", then you better know how to write, and if you make a mistake, own-up to it and correct it. The person that pointed out the mistake should be commended for caring enough to correct the article so this individual doesn't continue to come-across as stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

Caligula (01-31-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

As a windows 7 user, I have my laptop wired to my hdtv with the hdmi cable, boxee installed in windows media center with live streaming indian channels and sitting on my couch or on the bed clicking through my laptop remote. I like boxee iphone app too to control the channels. I guess all I needed was an hdmi cable which I have plenty lying around at my home. This box for $199.... nooo.... Dont know about options on mac.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    I hope you're handing out infractions for poor grammar, and poorly written articles. It's one thing to allow ignorance to be overlooked because you've gotten lazy on the Internet, or think it's petty, but to handout infractions to ANYONE that brings attention to this is a perfect example as to why this crap occurs. It's no wonder this Generation is so stupid. Even the people in-charge condone this lazy attitude towards being educated.

If your job title is "writer", then you better know how to write, and if you make a mistake, own-up to it and correct it. The person that pointed out the mistake should be commended for caring enough to correct the article so this individual doesn't continue to come-across as stupid.

You are funny
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 02-01-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost