Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fan Sinbad Gives Funny Keynote at MacWorld Expo

Default Apple Fan Sinbad Gives Funny Keynote at MacWorld Expo

MMi Live @ MacWorld

Longtime Mac addict and funnyman Sinbad gave the keynote address at this year’s MacWorld Expo. The expo organizers wanted the keynote to be a little different this year and I think they did just that. Because Sinbad has been coming to MacWorld since 1991, he knew how to talk to the crowd. His Mac-centric humor struck just the right tone for the event and he kept the laughs coming throughout his appearance.

Sinbad started out telling us how his first Mac was the 128k but he quickly upgraded it to 512k as soon as he got it. He had some great advice for converting PC users to the Mac, simply sit down and work on a project. They’ll be amazed at just how easy it is to actually get a project done without having to bother with the technical difficulties that PC users face regularly. You won’t have to say anything to change their minds, they’ll just go out and get a Mac right away.

When asked what feature he wanted to see in the next iPhone model he replied “reception!” That got a big laugh from the audience. He talked about the next iPhone killer, iPad killer, the whatever killer. He then asked what will the next Android killer be? “Who cares?”

During the Q & A I raised my hand and asked him if he had jailbroken his iPhone. He replied no that he hadn’t because he wanted his phone to work. It was a funny moment. Sinbad is obviously not a fan of jailbreaking. I wasn’t a big deal though because he was so funny and entertaining to watch on stage.

Sinbad was a great choice for this year’s MacWorld Expo keynote address. Not only was he a joy to watch onstage, but his knowledge of all things Apple was quite impressive. I dare say that he probably knew more about Apple than most of the people in the audience. Hopefully, they will post the address in its entirety, it’s worth a look. As soon as it becomes available I’ll be sure to update this post with a link.
    Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 01-28-2011 at 02:27 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-28-2011)

Lol jailbroken iPhones only don't work if you install graphical tweaks like Winterboard and Per Page HTML.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Lol jailbroken iPhones only don't work if you install graphical tweaks like Winterboard and Per Page HTML.
    Well I have both of those installed and several other tweaks and my phone hasn't had any problems. Don't see how "graphical tweaks" could mess up my phone. Though one time I did have to restore cause I was screwing around in ifile with system files.
    Last edited by andrewb283; 01-28-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Well it screws over all the animations.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bet around 95% of jailbreakers jailbreak for winterboard lol?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I had a ticket to Macworld and didn't make it. Would have loved to catch the keynote.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have all of the above installed, and bunch of other tweaks, and my iP4 still works great!!! So thats bullchit, If u say it doesn't ...

Mine works fine after the jb and winterboard was a key thing i wanted

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gotta admit, winterboard is one of the main reasons I jb! Works just fine, so guess the nay sayers are talking out of their asses once again...

Well it screws over all the animations.
    /FACEPALM Really??

Damn Sinbad? Wow a blast from the past for me...
    Give a thanks if I was helpful!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iphone without Jailbreak is just a phone in a JAIL...

Wow 2 things
    1) Sinbad probably didn't wanna piss off ole Stevie who was paying him handsomely o be there, so the safe answer was 'no I don't jailbreak'. Especially considering how apple has tried to paint jailbreaking as something theives do and the whole 'illegal' wording and all.
    2) winterboard was never the problem - lack of memory was the problem. So, especially on the 2g and 3g iterations a few too many tweaks would cause sb to crash left and right but it got better with the 3GS and now with the 4 I can have 20 tweaks and zero problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codvisp View Post
    iphone without Jailbreak is just a phone in a JAIL...
    for sure i would have to rethink what kind of phone to have if i couldnt jailbreak my iphone

sounds like a fun event to go to, wish i could go
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Winterboard on my iPhone, I've had zero issues with it. What was yours doing?

I really wish I could have gone, sounds like it was a blast!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kevin.e.white's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Wiley John Wright;5767011]

MMi Live @ MacWorld

During the Q & A I raised my hand and asked him if he had jailbroken his iPhone. He replied no that he hadnít because he wanted his phone to work. It was a funny moment. Sinbad is obviously not a fan of jailbreaking. I wasnít a big deal though because he was so funny and entertaining to watch on stage.

ive had problems with my jailbroken ip4 (safe mode normally)in the past, but as long as im a bit more select with what i download and not have say 15000 files installed then its all good.
    many years ago i like everyone else started with nokia, as a phone it was good but that was it,
    then tried sagem....jeez it was so bad i left it in a hotel room on purpose and told my girlfriend id lost it. oh well,
    also an n95 wow, buggy, slow , crashing would get stuck on a screen for about ten minutes. was sh*t.
    then htc diamond pro , signed an 18month contract(vodafone) used it for two weeks then sold it on ebay(worst phone ive ever owned)one week later got an iphone 3g(o2).now with ip4, all three phones and ipt have all been jailbroken many times over. its now the only phone brand/make/model ill ever own...
    cant wait for iphone10.

unlocked iphone 4 on 4.2.1, 1.59.00 baseband, untethered jailbreak with everything themed including the keyboard.

in my experience, you can install as many cydia packages as you want, but when they are buggy or incompatible, expect your SB/phone to crash.

ps. wish my modmyi app you let me upload pics so I can show off my current theme

it says to contact an administrator but...

Sinbad is/was/will always be the man.

All I can think of right now is the early 90s football movie he was in - Necessary Roughness. Go watch it, Kathy Ireland is in it too...
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    Sinbad is/was/will always be the man.

All I can think of right now is the early 90s football movie he was in - Necessary Roughness. Go watch it, Kathy Ireland is in it too...
    omg Necessary Roughness. Classic!

I have never had an issue with my ip4 jailbronken got several tweaks an winterboard with G O C HD theme no problems. My wife has an ip4 on 4.2 an I have had to restore 2 times cause it locked up. Go figure. Go dev team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast