Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Dominates Netflix: Racks Up More Hours than The iPad

Default Apple TV Dominates Netflix: Racks Up More Hours than The iPad
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyioN9F8W5k]YouTube - Film Riot- Netflix Hello Friend[/ame]

When it comes down to the number of hours that the Apple TV has consumed in Netflix streaming, Apple TV dominates over the iPad. Business Insider reports that in Netflix's quarterly earnings release, the new Apple TV has already streamed more hours of content than the iPad, as a Netflix device, which is quite impressive, considering how many iPads have been sold globally.

The devices with large installed bases – meaning Windows and Mac laptops, Sony PS3, Microsoft Xbox, and Nintendo Wii – are the most popular devices for watching instantly from Netflix. AppleTV has done very well for us, and in just four months has passed the also-growing iPad in Netflix viewing hours...

For those of you interested to know, Apple's most recent earnings release shows that the they have sold almost 15 million iPads, while the Apple TV only reached about one-million by the year end. The number of Netflix users is somewhat hard to determine based on these numbers, as it's not currently available in every country. However, with the AppleTV sitting right on your TV set, and at only $99, it's easy to see how it can be one of the fastest growing Netflix devices.

Do you own an Apple TV? Got Netflix?

Netflix: Apple TV Already Passed The iPad In Viewing Hours

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

NO surprise there. The majority of ppl would rather watch Netflix movies at home on the big screen then on the iPad.

Hope netflix will be offered for outside of US...
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I loved that commercial!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (01-27-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by algojobathosai View Post
    I agree. Australia is always the last place to get anything remotely interesting when it comes to Tech.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

I own an apple tv. And to be honest, I would recommend it to EVERYONE. $99 and you can watch Netflix on a big tv, you can stream YouTube, and you can use those useless iTunes cards you get year after year for Christmas on tv shows and movies.

Go for it!

means nothing to me because I have a ps3 hooked up to my tv but for other tvs only 99$ for an apple tv great deal! but regardless how does it beat netflix. who watches netflix on there mobile devices? I watch it like once or twice a month on my iPhone

Thanks

I have the AppleTV! But I don't have Netflix because I live in Canada. Apparently if you setup a proxy server and "pretend" to live in the US, your AppleTV will allow you to watch Netflix... Not 100% sure about this.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an Apple TV that I got for Christmas and I must say that when it comes to streaming Netflix, my XBOX 360 is superior. The Apple TV has to buffer constantly while the 360 has no problems. I'm assuming this is because the 360 has more RAM and a faster processor, because both devices are on the same wired network. I am also having issues with the Apple TV seeing my iTunes library. It seems to see my library only when I restart my Mac and after an hour or so the Apple TV goes crazy and starts to play about 1 second of a each song then changes to the next and so on, and the only way to remedy this is to restart the Apple TV. I love Apple products but the Apple TV (so far) doesn't have the same user experience of other Apple products.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    I agree. Australia is always the last place to get anything remotely interesting when it comes to Tech.
    dayum right, aussies always get everything last -_-

iPhone 4 got released here like a month or two after US. sucks. but atleast we can get our iPhones factory unlocked, no bullcrap only one provider to choose from. and now that there is a second provider everyone is like zoomygosh this is huge!

Not sure why this is a suprise, i would much rather watch a movie from NETFLIX on my ATV than iPad...bigger screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll say it again. IMO, Apple TV is a fail. Of course people are consuming Netflix through it more than the iPad. That's the major use for the device. But read that quote and it sounds like streaming of Netflix to Apple TV is well behind all those other (mostly more expensive) devices.
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    I'll say it again. IMO, Apple TV is a fail. Of course people are consuming Netflix through it more than the iPad. That's the major use for the device. But read that quote and it sounds like streaming of Netflix to Apple TV is well behind all those other (mostly more expensive) devices.
    I agree... but my Xbox360 is a crap-box anyways... so the ATV is a fairly good replacement!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    I have the AppleTV! But I don't have Netflix because I live in Canada. Apparently if you setup a proxy server and "pretend" to live in the US, your AppleTV will allow you to watch Netflix... Not 100% sure about this.
    Try Netflix.ca.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    I don't even think you say its a fail, look how well its dines so far, I watch nearly all my Netflix on my iPad but mostly because I don't have a atv and I don't want to have to move laptop around and the battery life on the iPad is amazing

Apple could sell poop with the apple logo and people would buy it like crazy. "This magical poop, is the best experience you've had with poop." Stevo

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple TV sucks thats why, I wonder how many of the million sold were in the US only, I bet 95%.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by algojobathosai View Post
    I live in Canada and have Netflix it's here now all my Canuck Friends

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a ps3 so I don't care for the apple tv much and I can watch the DVDs I get through the mail on the same device lol as well as blurays and games all in HD ps3 wins!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Apple TV sucks thats why, I wonder how many of the million sold were in the US only, I bet 95%.
    It sucks because you don't have one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast