Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy Stores May Add Genius Bars

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I worked for Geek Squad once (couple of weeks), all they asked me on the interview was how to reset a password on a Mac and why did I want to work for Best Buy... then I realized that my paycheck sucked (10.25/hr) so that answers the question... there is no computer tech that is going to work for that money, unless he doesn't know what he's doing and that's the only job he can get as a computer technician

I like the idea, especially since I'm currently stuck in Little Rock, AR, like 11 hours from the closest Apple Store and my iPhone 4 just started making a random clicky noise when its moved. It sounds like something is loose up near the ear-piece area.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would be more than happy to have this happen humor or not its a great idea! I have to drive two hours to get to a dang Apple store in Michigan and have to drive around a one hour and a half to get to one down here! Best Buy stores are within minutes away from me in both places! Please do it Apple!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoX View Post
    Lets just hope they dont use geek squad for apple stuff. Those guys are a joke.
    I hear that

Thanks

Hmmmm...the nearest best buy is in the middle of remodeling. Could this be why? Store is not that old, btw.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I guess its possible

Can someone tekk that jackoff in the middle of the photo that the beret went out of style in 1996?

I wanna punch him in the schnoz so bad.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

My bestbuy don't even have a "mini apple store"

This would be great!! No more 2 hour drive for warranty work!! Best Buy is only 25 min away.

Don't forget, that most places don't have an Apple store, only Major cities. There are TWO in the entire state of Wisconsin.. Madison, and Milwaukee. BOTH are quite a drive for anyone living further than 40 miles.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoX View Post
    Lets just hope they dont use geek squad for apple stuff. Those guys are a joke.
    No kidding! $350 to remove spyware?!? REALLY?!? All they do is insert a Windows recovery disk, press enter, and go for lunch!
    It's where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I worked for Geek Squad once (couple of weeks), all they asked me on the interview was how to reset a password on a Mac and why did I want to work for Best Buy... then I realized that my paycheck sucked (10.25/hr) so that answers the question... there is no computer tech that is going to work for that money, unless he doesn't know what he's doing and that's the only job he can get as a computer technician
    No offense, but... Well, it's offensive no matter how I think about wording it.

Wouldn't a Tech (who knows what they're doing) find out what the pay is BEFORE accepting a job?

Maybe it's just me...
    It's where you are.

so i talked to my good friend who works for apple that is a consultant manager for 10 Best Buy stores across Minn. and WI. hey trains the employess on how to sell macs. Anyways he said that it is just a rumor for the bars, but who really knows. It would be awesome if they did get it and used apple employees instead of damn Geek Squad.
    just my 2 cents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12