Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Magic Charger for Magic Mouse

Default Magic Charger for Magic Mouse

With CES winding down, there are still a few products out there worth a second look. Mobee Technology is releasing an induction charger for Appleís Magic Mouse that includes a battery replacement unit. Once installed your mouse will charge simply by resting it on the Magic Charger cradle. It doesnít even matter which direction you place the mouse on the base, as long as its resting on the unit. A full charge takes about six hours and should last you about six days of normal use.

The base station has an indicator light to let you know when the mouse is charging. As long as you leave your mouse on the base station when not in use, you should never have to worry about a low battery warning ever again.

The Magic Charger has been designed with the traveler in mind as well, as it only measures 0.35-inches thick. As long as you arenít going to be away from your desk too long, you should be able to leave the base station at home without worrying about running out of juice on the road.

Although the price of the Magic Charger is not listed on the companies website, Engadget is reporting that the unit will cost $50 when itís released in October. Pre-orders start September 15, so itíll be a few more months until can throw out your old batteries. The Magic Charge will also be available in the Apple Store when it comes out later this year. Iím a little surprised that Apple didnít come out with this first.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2unk5EglXs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mobee - Magic Charger[/ame]

Source: MacRumors

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (01-10-2011)

Omg awesome i honestly cant wait i have had my magic mouse for about 3 weeks and i have already burned through 2 set of batteries with this problem will be solved lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Simply Magical!

haha. But really, this is a neat idea spinning off of those wireless charging pads.

Now when can I start charging my iphone like this without plugging it into a bulky 'wireless charging' case?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously? Ok, I dont log in to post very often but ... really? If this thing is going for $50 thats highway robbery. People do know that Apple sells a Battery Charger for $29 that comes with 6 AA batteries that you can use and re-use for anything that uses AA batteries and not just a magic mouse right? I really dont mean to be negative, but wow.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sketchstudios For This Useful Post:

chris102192 (01-10-2011), Rob2G (01-10-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sketchstudios View Post
    Seriously? Ok, I dont log in to post very often but ... really? If this thing is going for $50 thats highway robbery. People do know that Apple sells a Battery Charger for $29 that comes with 6 AA batteries that you can use and re-use for anything that uses AA batteries and not just a magic mouse right? I really dont mean to be negative, but wow.
    I was just about to post the samething. I think apple's charger+batteries give you way more bang for your buck.

Yeah but the extra 20 bucks and ease of use will be an easy seller. Not that I'd buy it, as I'm more of a fan of a g500 mouse that fills your hand, has a cord, and adjustable weights.

And it looks cool
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Great idea, I hardly use mine for my MacBook, still using the same batteries it came with and have had it for a while now, that's just how much I don't use it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ashrafkhalifa For This Useful Post:

theomer (01-10-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have a similar charger for my Wii Remotes, it's so handy not to have to take off their covers and go through taking out dead batteries and putting in new ones.
    I'll gladly pay a premium for this simple and elegant solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thekingfine09 View Post
    Can u guys help me tew jailbreak iPod touch 4.2.1 3G mc
    Not the place for this. Post in the iPod jailbreak section for help with that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

You have 3 posts in news sections. None in iPod section.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchstudios View Post
    Missing the point of the induction system - You dont have to remove the batteries, which I'd take over a generic battery charger. Also, until they stop crippling the Magic mouse via crappy drivers and unimplemented features while in Boot Camp... Fail.

Apple solution for rechargeable batteries is laughable at 30 dollars, Duracell offers the same thing for half the cost.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

I have rechargeables in mine, which I've been using for a month, my battery is at 80%, so I don't see how it's really needed, at least for me... it doesnt waste too much battery IMO. once they are dead I'll recharge them... but it looks nice, at least.

Everyone is complaining about taking out dead batteries. Oh my gosh people. Are Americans getting THAT lazy!? It would take you 30 seconds top to take them out. Should only take you 10!

Yes this induction charging mess is the new tech, but damn people. #SMH...

I would buy it!! Can't wait.

I have just done a wee

Oh man looks awesome. Too bad I hardly use my magic mouse anymore because I have a magic trackpad.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris102192 View Post
    Everyone is complaining about taking out dead batteries. Oh my gosh people. Are Americans getting THAT lazy!? It would take you 30 seconds top to take them out. Should only take you 10!

Yes this induction charging mess is the new tech, but damn people. #SMH...
    The reason I want one of these chargers is usually when I got to change the batteries in any device, I usually find that either I have no more batteries left or the charge has gone in ones that I had recharged and put aside for such an event.
    But I'm not American

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Bought the Magic Mouse and never used it. My neighbor has one and I seen how slow the tracking is on his after I bought mine and said forget it. Waste of $$$.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast