+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Curiously Resumes Employee Vacation Restrictions for Late January

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It's a page right out of the Apple playbook. When new or refreshed products are about to be released, Apple places strict, unyielding limitations on when Apple retail store employees
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Curiously Resumes Employee Vacation Restrictions for Late January

It's a page right out of the Apple playbook. When new or refreshed products are about to be released, Apple places strict, unyielding limitations on when Apple retail store employees can take vacation time. Late Wednesday evening, word broke that Apple has resumed surreptitiously blocking out vacation days for a three week time frame that allegedly begins this month.

Reliable sources tell our friends at Apple Insider, that this "classic move" on the part of Apple suggests something is coming, as the full slate of manpower would only be required to manage an anticipated rush of consumers at an Apple retail outlet. Although no major product releases or refreshes are anticipated in the coming weeks (the iPad 2 isn't expected until spring at the earliest) the rumored forthcoming arrival of a Verizon iPhone could be ground-shaking enough to prompt this preparatory action from Apple.

It should also be noted that in addition to reports of the company blacking out vacation time for employees without seniority, Apple has reportedly retained its "overstaffed holiday personnel" at various Apple retail stores around the country - an uncharacteristic move following the conclusion of the holiday shopping season.

Apple Insider

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (01-06-2011), dimplenicko (01-05-2011), turkey26 (01-06-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh snap!
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

New Macs or iPad, that is the question
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

So "IF" Verizon were to release a CDMA iPhone would we even be able to get it activated on Sprint?

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to see iPad 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Refresh iPod classic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    So "IF" Verizon were to release a CDMA iPhone would we even be able to get it activated on Sprint?
    Because the ESN has to be put into the system by the company it is up to Sprint. I doubt they will allow it though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Because the ESN has to be put into the system by the company it is up to Sprint. I doubt they will allow it though.
    Dont forget the network coded lock. You can bet your Apples Verizon will have that written in. I'm staying with sim. Tried CDMA style in the '90's before the EU flooded to sim and hated it.

Thanks

So between now and the end of the month Apple is going to schedule and hold a press conference and then release the phone as well? All of that in the next 4 weeks. Not happening.

Apple usually gives at least a week's notice on pressers and then it takes another 3-4 weeks for the phones to hit stores (if the past is any indication). I don't doubt that Verizon is getting the iPhone this year, but I seriously doubt its this month (which is what the article is implying).

AT&T announcing 12 new Android phones for this coming year (at CES) is a sure indication they're losing exclusivity but no way it all goes down before Feb. 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Not sure ATT getting more Androids has anything to do with exclusivity. Maybe refresh time for some computer hardware.

Thanks

That will be great since ATT is not in my area

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Not sure ATT getting more Androids has anything to do with exclusivity. Maybe refresh time for some computer hardware.
    ATT has been far behind the other carriers in adopting android and it's no secret why; they want as many iPhone users as possible. Aside from the Captivate, it's been bare bones android fare. Have you seen the phones just introduced? Extremely high end stuff. Not the type of phone they'd be hyping if they were concerned about keeping apple happy ( for exclusivity reasons).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    New Macs or iPad, that is the question
    You didn't read the part that said no new product releases? Or that the iPad 2 isn't expected till spring at the earliest? It's gonna be the Verizon iPhone. IMO.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

id like to see that verizon iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is the white iPhone4 out yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Probably the release of the white iphone 4? better to sell it before an Iphone 5 comes near

Thanks

Whatever their reason(s), let's not forget that the competition is building and Apple is becoming quite predictable these days so maybe it's time they upped the ante and kept abreast of everyone else by taking and maintaining their Market share in this industry whilst the wannabes are doing their damnedest to discredit Apple's products and take a bite out of this field....

However improbable it may seem, I for one would live to see iPad 2 on the shelves already!

Maybe it's just the white iPhone 4??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. Different frequency of CDMA.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    No. Different frequency of CDMA.
    This comes up every time there's a Verizon iPhone topic. Yes, a Verizon iPhone could work on Sprint, but:

1. Sprint has to allow the MEID on to their network. Sprint has never done this in the past, so a policy change would be required, or the MEID of an allowed Sprint phone would have to be "cloned" to the iPhone (which is illegal, so don't expect the Dev Team to show any interest).

2. EVDO (3G) will work, 4G (if included in the Verizon iPhone) will not. Verizon's 4G is LTE, Sprint's is WiMax - they're not compatible.

3. Normally, Verizon postpaid phones are locked with a MSL of 000000. It remains to be seen if this tradition will continue with the iPhone or if Apple/Verizon will insist on a stronger form of Network lock.

Verizon iPhone on MetroPCS and Cricket? Probably. Verizon iPhone on Sprint? Most likely, not anytime soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    You didn't read the part that said no new product releases? Or that the iPad 2 isn't expected till spring at the earliest? It's gonna be the Verizon iPhone. IMO.
    Those aren't "new" products. Those would be refreshed products. A new product would be like the iPad last year. This year's MacBook Air launch wasn't a new product, just a refresh.

So it could conceivably be new Macs or iPad 2 and its not a "new" product, just a refresh. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant