+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No New Product Lines for Apple in 2011, Says Munster

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In 2010, Apple's (arguably) most successful product release was its touchscreen tablet dubbed the iPad, which effectively launched a new tablet marketplace for consumers that, before the end of 2011,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default No New Product Lines for Apple in 2011, Says Munster

In 2010, Apple's (arguably) most successful product release was its touchscreen tablet dubbed the iPad, which effectively launched a new tablet marketplace for consumers that, before the end of 2011, will be teeming with similar competing products from other major names in the tech world.

On Monday, however, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster predicted that 2011 will likely not bring with it any new product line introductions from the Cupertino-based tech giant. Rather than plunging head first into yet another product category - or inventing one - Apple will, instead, most likely concentrate its efforts and capital reserves on tweaking, improving, and marketing its current line of products, especially those which will be refreshed in the coming months (most likely the iPad and iPhone).

According to Munster, there's a 95% probability that we will see a Verizon-compatible CDMA iPhone by Spring 2011. Also on tap for this summer says Munster is a fifth-generation iPhone with long-awaited near-field communication technology. These offerings will probably be capped off by the introduction of a new iPod touch with similar bells and whistles before the year ends. Munster adds that there's a 90% chance of Apple finally rolling out a cloud-based iTunes service this year and an 80% chance that the iPad will be offered with subsidies from wireless carriers.

With regard to Apple TV's future, Munster thinks the company has much bigger plans across a much wider timeframe. "While Apple's commitment to the living room remains a 'hobby,' we continue to believe the company will enter the TV market with a full focus, as an all-in-one Apple television could move the needle when connected TVs proliferate," Munster says.

Business Insider
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 01-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.

h2a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bring on the upgrades!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

We certainly did not need anyone to tell us that there will be no new products only upgrades to current models... its fairly obvious really.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks
    well im actually quite surprised that apple will not be taking out anything new.
    penisjewface is the name, prostitution is the game.

Thanks

well i was reading not this year or 2012 but by 2013 the ipad, iphone and 1pod touch will be more slim and 3D I can wait. Also will have fingerprint to wake the device from sleep. More info go to: http://www.maclife.com/article/featu...n_2013_ipad_3d
    Last edited by jibaro3; 01-03-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks

When will they ever bring out the fm radio? If Im not mistaken, there already is the module for radio already in the iPods, iPhones but try won't activate it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

2011 should be the year that Apple invest in doing upgrades to their laptop and desktop line especially in the graphics card area and make them more attractive for gamers and the big name game developers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    2011 should be the year that Apple invest in doing upgrades to their laptop and desktop line especially in the graphics card area and make them more attractive for gamers and the big name game developers.

Quoted for truth, I hope this is the route they take this year..13" macbook pro needs a better processor lol

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
    Quoted for truth, I hope this is the route they take this year..13" macbook pro needs a better processor lol

~Tim
    My Sept 2009 15" MBP can't play my PC games smoothly (using bootcamp Windows 7) at anything above medium settings. (Dragon Age, Civilization 5 (tho more down to a buggy game), Mass Effect 1/2...)

Thanks

looking forward to the iPad & iPhone updates. Oh and MBP 17" update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

People are still amused with macbook air and ipad u gotta let people enjoy their toys before u give em new one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is a smart move. Makes me feel better when I can have product over a year and not feel like I missing out on something new. But I know I'm still going to get the new iPad.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone for Verizon in Spring 2011 rumor? Smells like another iOS update if it happens.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now if the VZ iPhone is released in the Spring, and Apple follows up with the 5th gen iPhone in June, does that mean that the VZ iPhone 4 will only be out for 3 months or so before a newer 5th gen arrives? What will be the incentive to purchase a product that its next model will be released 3 months later?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait, is this saying that apple will not release/invent any new products? Or is it saying that they are not making new models of current devices?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    well i was reading not this year or 2012 but by 2013 the ipad, iphone and 1pod touch will be more slim and 3D I can wait. Also will have fingerprint to wake the device from sleep. More info go to: The Future of Apple Design: 2013 iPad 3D | Mac|Life
    That looks pretty cool, to bad it's only a concept
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That's pretty normal, making what they have out better!

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

This analyst is really optimistic with all his predictions..
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now if the VZ iPhone is released in the Spring, and Apple follows up with the 5th gen iPhone in June, does that mean that the VZ iPhone 4 will only be out for 3 months or so before a newer 5th gen arrives? What will be the incentive to purchase a product that its next model will be released 3 months later?
    Last edited by mrphantuan; 01-13-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrphantuan View Post
    The incentive is hey at least VZ is Even getting the iPhone deal with the loss and it sucks for you that your still on VZ

This would be incentive enough to change to AT&T plus knowing the fact that VZ is most definitely going to raise prices to that of AT&T for the VZ iPhone because those prices work for AT&T so why not match them or get closer to them