Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPad May Face Challenge from HTC 'Scribe'

  1. #41
    iPhoneaholic AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    482
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Do you stick it in your Pocket? Pants pocket like an iPhone? if not..then I'd have to disagree with you. True the iphone doesn't play flash but there's n App for that. And @ least the iOS doesn't have a Problem with its OS like the Android Does with it's OS..BUT; honestly the Samsung is about as Close as you can get too a TRUE competitor when it comes to tablets.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.


    Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

  2. #42
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    I wouldn't sell HTC short, their products getting better and better, have u played with an evo, they arnt bad phones, and android is definitely getting better

    competition is good for the consumer
    Yea it is. I want some of these other tablets to get some features non existent on the iPad to push apple to improve it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    Do you stick it in your Pocket? Pants pocket like an iPhone? if not..then I'd have to disagree with you. True the iphone doesn't play flash but there's n App for that. And @ least the iOS doesn't have a Problem with its OS like the Android Does with it's OS..BUT; honestly the Samsung is about as Close as you can get too a TRUE competitor when it comes to tablets.
    What is the iPhone app that let's u run adobe flash player?

  4. #44
    I really want a 7in pad but only if Apple makes it. I think Android is awful, buggy, fragmented, unsecure... the list goes on. HTC might make a hardware Ferrari but Android will put sugar in it's tank.

  5. #45
    Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 351 Times in 199 Posts

    I would like to think HTC has a better chance at this than any other ipad / tablet competitor. I have personally got to use a HTC EVO, it is an amazing piece of hardware with some great options. In my opinion it is the only android based phone that has come even remotely close to having the aesthetic appeal of the Iphone 4. I still feel androids GUI is sluggish and choppy at best when navigating through one comparing it directly to an Iphone 4. The one advantage apple has still, is that it has a seamless GUI. It feels natural an effortless due to apple designing both hard and software for the device. With that being said the blackberry playbook may be a real competitor as well, because they follow suit and release their own OS on their own device.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

    Click here to follow me on twitter

  6. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nateo64 View Post
    What is the iPhone app that let's u run adobe flash player?
    Idk of one that lets you run Adobe flash itself. I do know that Skyfire browser lets you use flash and yxflash will play flash videos.

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts

    I think the reason the galaxy tab is failing is because the android operating system it is running is just not made correctly to run on a tablet device. It's like they put the actual android phone firmware and installed it on the tablet instead of working out the bugs and making a separate firmware for that device like apple does for each respective device, they know they can't just put the iPhones iOS on the iPad, it just wouldn't work well. I saw the galaxy tab get reviewed on G4TV and they compared it to a Droid X, and the Droid X won! Hopefully android 3.0 works better and maybe this HTC tablet won't fail, unless the iPad 2 comes out at the same time. I'm actually looking forward to the windows tablet. I'm was surprised at how well and simple windows phone 7 is and I think it's much better than android but still need work. But I haven't seen android 3.0 yet so maybe it can change my mind.

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    I would like to think HTC has a better chance at this than any other ipad / tablet competitor. I have personally got to use a HTC EVO, it is an amazing piece of hardware with some great options. In my opinion it is the only android based phone that has come even remotely close to having the aesthetic appeal of the Iphone 4. I still feel androids GUI is sluggish and choppy at best when navigating through one comparing it directly to an Iphone 4. The one advantage apple has still, is that it has a seamless GUI. It feels natural an effortless due to apple designing both hard and software for the device. With that being said the blackberry playbook may be a real competitor as well, because they follow suit and release their own OS on their own device.
    Totally agree HTC makes beautiful hardware but most of them have android on it
    Maybe if windows phone 7 gets some more updates, more and better apps in their market, and some features and bugs fixed it may come on top and compete with iOS because I really can't believe android is the one that is competing with iOS right now. The HTC surround with windows phone 7 is just beautiful, its got that awesome HTC look hardware and it has the non sluggish windows phone 7 software. So far this is the only windows phone 7 and HTC device that has caught my eye for both hardware and software, but I really love my iPhone 4 lol.

  9. #49
    Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 351 Times in 199 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gauravsuneja View Post
    Only thing gr8 about ios is the astronomical number of apps and the way u can get them cracked easily , may be apple 's own or thirdparty. Touchscreen of htc phones r as good as apple's . I get frequenlty taunted by my friends for lack of bluetooth connectivity on iphone . I think htc scribe with their giant widgets and a good mail app will make a major competitor for iphone
    Its nice to know that the biggest feature on a Iphone to you, is that you can use jailbreaking to pirate apps. Its people like you that will be the end of the jailbreak scene. How about you try buying apps and supporting community that gives you so much for free already.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

    Click here to follow me on twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •