Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad May Face Challenge from HTC 'Scribe'

I have to say there's an untapped market in 7in tabs like the Galaxy. I wanted an ipad at first but wanted something more portable. The Galaxy was out of reach for me when I didn't want to sign up for service so I got a 7 in tab from Coby at kmart to experiment on and I'm really digging android. The SD slot and ability to plug in a keyboard to the USB makes this a great productivity tool. Don't discount android, it's a great OS even in it's infancy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    I wouldn't sell HTC short, their products getting better and better, have u played with an evo, they arnt bad phones, and android is definitely getting better

competition is good for the consumer
    I don't doubt the product (hardware). It's just that android is so fractured, there is too little standardization for app builders to meet the needs of the android community.

iOS has that above android.. Even after jailbroken, iOS is still nominal in the app design community. Not a lot of "tweaking" and modifying just to get apps to work.

I am all for the android tablets. I like to see competition because it works out for all consumers. But Android is not ready for tablet yet till 3.0. So I will try one out when 3.0 is dropped on one because they said that is when they will support tablets fully.

Thanks

I don't see HTC making an iPad killer. I like how all these companies are making hundreds of different phones & tablets in an attempt to remove apple from the number 1 spot. They simply are saturating the market with a bunch of similar devices that come close but not close enough. I think RIM has something with the playbook. Hopefully their OS is up to par b/c some good ol' American competition is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    oh please the ipad doesn't even come close to the galaxy tab, i can say that because i have them all. i dont even use my ipad & iphone4 anymore. why walk around with a big ipad and iphone? when i can use my galaxy tab with all and more features and it's more portable.now with my tab i have a phone and an ipad all in one device
    Yet it hasn't sold even close to the iPad.... What more features? Having a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    I think RIM has something with the playbook. Hopefully their OS is up to par b/c some good ol' American competition is needed.
    And I don't really think I heard RIM say anything about aiming at iPad. Which is good to come out the gate showing your own and not trying to piggyback off someone else's name. I am very interested in QNX interface. Heard they are working on the battery performance right now.

Correct me if I am wrong please on if RIM said iPad killer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The more competition the better off all of us consumers will be. FFS we wouldn't even have copy-and-paste were it not for the competition forcing Apple's hand.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

He's probably the only writer working over the holidays.
    Mac strong and proud!!!!!

Cmon guys, you really expect majority to appreciate an android device on an APPLE forum. Its understandable though, Im sure most of you havent even had hands on time with the galaxy tab or some of the newer android phones. Once you go android there's no going back. TRUST ME. I have had the iphone2g,3g,2x 3gs' and and iphone 4 since day 1, but that control you get with android is just not on a since other device. Its not for everyone though, im sure, but a power user like me cant stand the basic feel of the iphone anymore. Apple really needs to push the boundaries with widgets, better notifications and their own magic touches. I still love my ipad though, but im sure once the motorola or htc device come along ill probably try them out. Unless the ipad 2 is really THAT much better..Anyways, Happy New Year guys.
    Last edited by sharkonland; 01-01-2011 at 05:33 AM.

SORRY FOR THE LONG(ish) POST
    i am disgusted by motorola; how could the call the ipad a giant iphone? it cant even make calls, it should be called a giant ipod touch...geez.

to be honest, being an owner of both iOS and android devices (HTC Desire Z), i like apple's approach on simplicity, but i would much rather have more freedom with my phone, which is i why i use my HTC as a phone and iphone 3gs as a gaming device.

for all you retards who thinks that companies should stop making tablets,
    why would you say that? havent gone to school? if more companies enter the market, that would force apple and other major tablet makers to improve on their current device.

so to all you apple fanboys, **** off. be glad that more companies are forcing your precious apple inc. to make better products.
    penisjewface is the name, prostitution is the game.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone knows what this puppy looks like?
    I'm wonderin, but still.. it's the iPad for me.
    or.... iPad 2

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gionnan1495 View Post
    SORRY FOR THE LONG(ish) POST
    i am disgusted by motorola; how could the call the ipad a giant iphone? it cant even make calls, it should be called a giant ipod touch...geez.

to be honest, being an owner of both iOS and android devices (HTC Desire Z), i like apple's approach on simplicity, but i would much rather have more freedom with my phone, which is i why i use my HTC as a phone and iphone 3gs as a gaming device.

for all you retards who thinks that companies should stop making tablets,
    why would you say that? havent gone to school? if more companies enter the market, that would force apple and other major tablet makers to improve on their current device.

so to all you apple fanboys, **** off. be glad that more companies are forcing your precious apple inc. to make better products.
    Do you think you're getting anywhere by calling ppl "retards" and telling them to "**** off"? If you read the posts you'd see that a lot of us understand that competition is a good thing. You can still state your opinion without calling anyone names...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordbrett;
    The only thing that's gonna compete with the iPad is 2nd gen iPad....
    +2

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I am always interested in others companies and what they are coming out with... however I will stick with my Apple iDevices!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    they are hoping that the 2 million plus morons that bought the overprice itampon would buy their garbage too.
    Simple human tactics
    You lost any credibility that you MIGHT have had when you said "itampon". Try not to be stupid.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Do you think you're getting anywhere by calling ppl "retards" and telling them to "**** off"? If you read the posts you'd see that a lot of us understand that competition is a good thing. You can still state your opinion without calling anyone names...
    While I agree with you, he only called people who are against other people making tablets retards. They may not be "retards" but they sure are closed minded to actually think that something other than only Apple on the market is a bad thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Why is it that every article for the past few days has been written by Messany?

I don't think u have read many articles then cause not all of them are by messany

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyiu

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    While I agree with you, he only called people who are against other people making tablets retards. They may not be "retards" but they sure are closed minded to actually think that something other than only Apple on the market is a bad thing.
    I agree with you on that, they are closed minded! We do need some good competition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Well lets see, everyone ripped off the iPhone on alot of its features and tried to make them better. Lets see how theyll rip off the iPad and try to make it better.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    Well lets see, everyone ripped off the iPhone on alot of its features and tried to make them better. Lets see how theyll rip off the iPad and try to make it better.
    The only two features I can think about the iPhone having that were "different" around its debut were the touch screen (we did have stylus based systems years before iPhone by the way) and the way the icon/app layout worked. The big thing, IMO, was the sheer quality web surfing experience which, ironically, none of the competitors seem to be working to steal or copy at all. Everything else about iOS was Apple "ripping off" the mod/dev community as well as absorbing features from other phones. This includes cut/paste, appstore, and the list goes on.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast