Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Offering Refurbished 11.6-inch MacBook Airs

Default Apple Now Offering Refurbished 11.6-inch MacBook Airs

Apple is now offering refurbished MacBook Air models at a 15% discount. Itís quite remarkable that Apple would already be selling refurbished MacBook Air models so soon after introducing them. Currently, Apple is selling the 11.6-inch model with 2 GB of RAM and 128 GB solid-state drive for $1,019 and the 13.3-inch model with 2 GB and 256 GB solid-state drive for $1,349. Thatís a savings of $180 and $250 respectively.

Buying refurbished computers can be a great way to save some money. Apple refurbís come with a full 1-year warranty and are tested and certified. Personally, I have never had any problems buying refurbished equipment and have had a pretty good track record so far.

If you live in a state with a high sales tax like California, you may find better deals online than from Apple directly. Apple also charges a recycling fee with every Mac purchase. Shopping online where sales tax is not an issue and there arenít any extra fees, may be a better way to go for some people.

This is still a great deal if youíre in the market for a nearly new MacBook Air. A MacBook Air may not have the fastest CPU in the world, but it will beat the pants off of a Dell 10v Hackintosh like the one I have, any day. Of course, it cost less than a quarter of what of an authorized MacBook Air costs.

Source: Apple

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

ChaiMuengChuaySoh (12-28-2010)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe they're doing it because it's after Chrisfmas and they KNOW they have plenty coming back in returns......

^ would make sence....i would own one if they sold it for half the amount they are asking

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There are always going to be some hardware defects in new products(Apple has been feeling a lot of this lately) so this is a great way to recycle a product that had a hiccup. The prices have to stay competitive with brand new macs or everyone would just wait for a refurb.

And for $20 less I can get a brand new one!

This started the day after Christmas. Verizon iPhone will happen a little over 30 days after Xmas so that you will pass their 30 day return policy and pay the insane ETF if you got it for Xmas and want to switch to Verizon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm $80 difference between the 11.6inch 1.4ghz model, and the 13.3inch 2.13ghz model..tough choice! *sarcasm!!
    my SPOON is too big

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I love my 11" Air. It's tiny, fast, and never gets hot. If I could have saved $250 I would have jumped on it. I definitely recommend this to anyone to was on the brink of getting one but couldn't quite justify the price. I really suggest you go into the store and play around with one so you can see the size and performance for yourself.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I love my 11" Air. It's tiny, fast, and never gets hot. If I could have saved $250 I would have jumped on it. I definitely recommend this to anyone to was on the brink of getting one but couldn't quite justify the price. I really suggest you go into the store and play around with one so you can see the size and performance for yourself.
    I want to back up what being said here, if you have any reservations about buying a macbook air because the specs on it seem low like 1.4 cpu or the lack of ram. You need to try one out first, this is simply one of the fastest computers I have used, all due to the solid state drive read and write speeds. This is by no means apple version of netbook. This is a very solid performing machine that will not disappoint you.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

sub zero (12-30-2010)

How's the Air with running VirtualBox or other virtual machine software with WinXP/7. I have one Windows-only program I need to use.

Or should I just get my friend's 2007 (or '08 not quite sure) MB Pro with 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD? Runs everything pretty solid anyway (he's asking $600 w/old iPhone 3GS or $700). He's waiting for the MB refresh and getting a new one. Cosmetically, it has a small, barely noticeable scratch.

The Pro may be a better deal?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am betetr off getting it thru work since I get 30% off

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volerikan View Post
    How's the Air with running VirtualBox or other virtual machine software with WinXP/7. I have one Windows-only program I need to use.

Or should I just get my friend's 2007 (or '08 not quite sure) MB Pro with 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD? Runs everything pretty solid anyway (he's asking $600 w/old iPhone 3GS or $700). He's waiting for the MB refresh and getting a new one. Cosmetically, it has a small, barely noticeable scratch.

The Pro may be a better deal?
    It will run windows just fine. The only thing is if you are running VMWare and have an entire separate Windows installation you will run out of disk space. Between OSX and Windows you've just burned 50 Gigs or so.

This actually began a few days before Christmas. They also had the entry level 11" Air for $849 up until 2 days ago.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    Hmmm $80 difference between the 11.6inch 1.4ghz model, and the 13.3inch 2.13ghz model..tough choice! *sarcasm!!
    You might want to look at those specs a bit closer....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BrutuSX For This Useful Post:

BeachLivin88 (12-28-2010)

Still expensive as hell.

WTF
    That's such a valuable info!
    [no sarcasm needed]

[QUOTE=Wiley John Wright;5675593]

....A MacBook Air may not have the fastest CPU in the world, but it will beat the pants off of a Dell 10v Hackintosh like the one I have, any day. Of course, it cost less than a quarter of what of an authorized MacBook Air costs....

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish I Had some more dispoable income for one of these. Would be much better than my iPad at school but less of a pain than my macbook
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Waiting on refurbished iPads myself..