+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google TV Reeling from Dismal Sales, Apple TV Popularity

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Ya, I thought atv2 was selling pretty well.
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Ya, I thought atv2 was selling pretty well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    You're still the same old ignoramus, I see. You argue that the ATV and GoogleTV are both bad devices, but then explain that the electronics in your house collectively out perform both of the devices in question. Well, duh! You have 4 different devices with a combined value of at least $2,000 so of course the ATV2 and GoogleTV would be of little appeal to you. Please clean up your language, if you want to be taken at least somewhat serious.
    Right on.

I think both devices are lame. I don't care if you like my language or opinion. Wait. I lied. I care so much. I'm going to hang myself right now because Garfield booby dude from teh internetz doesn't like my language or opinion. Oh noooooz.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Actually Google's fail is due to public education, alot of people don't understand technology. I have a 3D TV and the first thing everyone says to me is "do you have to watch everything in 3D?" I reply NO STUPID, but with nicer words . When they see Google TV they think Google Search, not streaming media. Ask some non techie person have you heard about Google TV more than likely they'll say no, some may say yes but then ask what does it do.

When you hear the word Google you think search, maps, and maybe phone. When you hear Apple you think iTunes and iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj979 View Post
    Actually Google's fail is due to public education, alot of people don't understand technology. I have a 3D TV and the first thing everyone says to me is "do you have to watch everything in 3D?" I reply NO STUPID, but with nicer words . When they see Google TV they think Google Search, not streaming media. Ask some non techie person have you heard about Google TV more than likely they'll say no, some may say yes but then ask what does it do.

When you hear the word Google you think search, maps, and maybe phone. When you hear Apple you think iTunes and iPhone.
    The fact that it operates like a 512Mb Dell that's running Win98, been kicked down a flight of stairs and had a cup of coffee dumped on it doesn't help much either.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Umm, they just past the million units sold mark. How is that dismal?
    They ARE selling well. They're selling great. BUT, they're already dead. With DLNA becoming a mobile and TV standard, and PC/TV integration about to blow up, iTV will soon be all the way antiquated. Like, this time next year. If Apple drops a new one next year, it'd better be alot closer to a Mac mini than a current iTV if they wanna stay in that market. And if they keep with the pack on the i5 and iPad2, they'll be DLNA ready, effectively killing their own product. If not, dual core $200 Droids packin DLNA and mini HDMI out will murder their sales....IMO, and without foul(ish) language.
    Last edited by ShredNasty; 12-26-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    The fact that it operates like a 512Mb Dell that's running Win98, been kicked down a flight of stairs and had a cup of coffee dumped on it doesn't help much either.
    Sounds like my computer!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Loosen up buddy, it was a joke. I just thought that how he said "everything is done by purpose and design" was something people also say about God.
    Fair enough, I might have come out too strong. I just read your reply as serious and thought you were blowing up over a quite fair description of Apple. My bad.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Fair enough, I might have come out too strong. I just read your reply as serious and thought you were blowing up over a quite fair description of Apple. My bad.
    It's alright. Some people do get too worked up one way or another about Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    Yea it debuted as a flop before ppl were like appletv? Now ppl are like appletv!
    It's true! I'm actually surprised though that GTV isn't doing that well, thought it might get a better audience.

Thanks

I doubt..your Blu-Ray will play DRM Apple Product.ONLY product I'm aware of that will let you play Apple DRM is Sono's I know this cause I bought my Dad one for Christmas this Year. I hear what your Saying but I have Both Myself an I like to be able to play music threw it..and well Blue-Rays can't do that..YET.. I have the 1st Gen Apple TV..so I'm all Good..i have more space and can actually store movies on it.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Really? 400,000 TV episodes are being rented! Has any of those people ever heard of basic cable? a DVR for that matter? Has anyone ever heard of auto record? Lolz $99 to replace your channels into apps... Amazing
    "basic cable"? Around here that's basically broadcast stations + CSPAN and HSN. Real analog cable starts at $50 per month, and digital HD service with a DVR usually tops $100 per month.

For people who don't watch a whole lot of TV, the pay-per-use model apple is trying to push can be a cheap, welcome addition. The ability to not even have to tell your tv to record, and still browse all content on-demand after the fact is great, especially for occasional TV viewers.

If they can get more networks on board, and maybe some nice season pass deals for shows, I think it will be one of the devices to move us forward to the full on-demand TV world a lot of us have been waiting for.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I still think I'd get a apple tv since I have everything else apple and it will sync with Mac already, and all I would use it for is to stream my movies to my tv anyway
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    I still think I'd get a apple tv since I have everything else apple and it will sync with Mac already, and all I would use it for is to stream my movies to my tv anyway
    That's just it. You CAN'T stream YOUR movies. Apple wants you to rent them. Ole Steve is afraid you'll import downloaded movies to iTunes (EXACTLY what I'd do) and not buy more stuff. And THAT is why I don't have an Apple TV.

Thanks

I find it funny that Apple actually wins a "price war" hahahaha! Kind of ironic to say the least, considering all the arguments over premium priced technology. You have Roku, Google TV and Apple TV at the forefront. They all do the same give or take....I'd go with the one that is reasonably priced and also the quality factor(Apple is well known for quality no brainer

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    That's just it. You CAN'T stream YOUR movies. Apple wants you to rent them. Ole Steve is afraid you'll import downloaded movies to iTunes (EXACTLY what I'd do) and not buy more stuff. And THAT is why I don't have an Apple TV.
    You CAN stream YOUR movies; I do it all of the time.

Honestly, please stop spreading FUD since you've shown you have absolutely no experience with the device and therefore no foundation to form an opinion on it.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123