Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One More 2010 Honor Squeezed in for Steve Jobs

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default One More 2010 Honor Squeezed in for Steve Jobs

With only days remaining until the dawn of a new year, it seems there's always time to squeeze in yet another celebration of the life and achievements of Apple CEO Steve Jobs. At least that's how the editors at The Financial Times feel, as they have officially named Apple's big cheese as their "Person of the Year" for 2010.

Of all the factors used to evaluate Jobs for the honor, the success of the iPad is what put Jobs over the top. "Of all the fingers that Apple has poked into Microsoft's eyes over the years, none can have rankled as much as the early success of the iPad," the Times report reads. "Mr. Gates himself championed a tablet computer nearly a decade ago, though the stylus needed to write on its screen and the PC-like interface generated little demand."

During the last few weeks, it's been difficult to keep track of all of the honors bestowed upon the Apple chief. MarketWatch kicked-off the ego-parade earlier this month by proclaiming Stevie the "CEO of the Decade." This marked the second time Jobs has received such praise. Last year, Fortune similarly bestowed that lofty title to Apple's prominent chief executive. With only a week to go in 2010, there's only enough time for maybe a half-dozen more glorifying honors for Mr. Jobs. So keep your eyes peeled

The Financial Times

When you make awesome products that's what happens

Ohhhh good ole' Steve getting what he wants. Which is the media licking his balls

I hear he also got the "Could have included it on this years model, but will leave it off so you will buy it again next year award".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1shuttle1 For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (12-24-2010)

Tomorrow's the best day of the year for Steve, cause he gets his annual one year salary!
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This image makes him look like count dooku from star wars O.o
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

Have you ever seen them both in the same room at the same time? Hmmm?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Atta boy Jobs

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If he can get these kind of awards with all the negative publicity Apple has received regarding the iPhone and iOS updates.........I wonder what he could really get if his products could actually function through an iOS update without puking all over themselves.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It really does lol!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    When you make awesome products that's what happens
    Exactly. I may not always agree with how he restricts the development of apps or software but the products that apple puts out are awesome and I think that I will always love them
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!