Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Launching Mac App Store January 6th

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Launching Mac App Store January 6th

On Thursday, Apple announced that it will officially open the digital doors of its new Mac App Store for Mac OS X Snow Leopard early next month. The store will open with both free and paid applications available for download on January 6th, 2011. Pointing to Apple's past as a way to hype it's future, CEO Steve Jobs stated the following in his company's official press release today:

The App Store revolutionized mobile apps. We hope to do the same for PC apps with the Mac App Store by making finding and buying PC apps easy and fun. We canít wait to get started on January 6.
    Similar to the app store experiences found on other iDevices, the Mac App Store enables users to check out new and recommended apps, search through the hottest apps being downloaded, review staff favorites, browse categories (and customer ratings/reviews), and - just as one would expect - purchase, download and install apps for use with a single click.

Purchased apps will work on all personal Macs and updates will conveniently be delivered through the Mac App Store, making it effortless to keep all apps up to date. The Mac App Store will be available to Mac OS X Snow Leopard users as a free download through Software Update.

Incredibly, the Mac App Store will be available in 90 countries at launch.

Apple

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Don't know about others but I am excited to check this out!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Same here actually as this new advancement brings even better control to what we need in apps (downloading and managing) at the end of the day.

I still don't get what we could use on the AppStore that we need on our computer? We already have one app that rules all and gives us anything we need to learn. "SAFARI". Like would we need a modmyi app?

hopefully this catches on like the iOS app store

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

I always wonder.. What's next.
    My latest theme - -

excited! but...hmmmm apps for what? like what are the apps that we actually need on a mac? Softwares kind of covered a lot of the areas...but I guess we just wait and see!

Thanks

I feel as though this is just for Air users really, since they do not have a built in disc drive it allows them to easily install applications.
    Please give me a if I help you out.

Do you think this will open up new gaming possibilities on the Mac? Seems like a good majority of downloaded apps on the iOS are games, will this be the same for macs?

Quote Originally Posted by monticello View Post
    Do you think this will open up new gaming possibilities on the Mac? Seems like a good majority of downloaded apps on the iOS are games, will this be the same for macs?
    I surely hope so!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Imagine... Angry Birds on the Mac!

But I would have to agree with Sanady, it does seem for the Airs

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eikcuhc View Post
    I feel as though this is just for Air users really, since they do not have a built in disc drive it allows them to easily install applications.
    I think all macbooks will be going this route soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eikcuhc View Post
    Most software for OSX you can just buy from the developer's site. I have only used my disc drive a couple times since I bought my iMac in Jan-Feb.

I am interested in the Mac Store. I mean I can hunt down software but a one stop shop would be nice too. And I also don't have to keep putting my payment info on many different sites.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Don't know about others but I am excited to check this out!
    me too
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Question but what if
    what if an app(game) was about 16 gb, will automatic updates screw ur internet?