Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenwich Apple Store Robbed and Ransacked

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Banks also have giant metal vaults too. I'm sure there's zero money on the floor after they close. Otherwise people would drive through, lol. They do it for ATMs, I'm sure bank registers hold more cash.
    I was meaning the glass in between you and the teller. At my bank it is 6-8" thick. They could make the store-front windows out of this.

All the banks I go to here have no glass between you and the teller.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    All the banks I go to here have no glass between you and the teller.
    Where do you live again? lol

Twin City area of Minnesota.

Thanks

It is great that you live in such a trusting place.

Lol, maybe because the banks I go to are in the higher priced area. Not really nicer but the property there is a lot higher a few other places here.

Thanks

Smile APPLE Theft.
    It JUST goes to show you that People don't care bout the economy, if you can't Buy it...WELL..Steal it..and then the rest of us will have to Suffer the consequences, aka Higher Prices.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Not as cool as the Best Buy break-in last year!

my favorite heist was the one in europe where they cut thru the ceiling and roped down to steal a pallet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    my favorite heist was the one in europe where they cut thru the ceiling and roped down to steal a pallet
    What was on the pallet?!? Or did the heat get shut off in their house?
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I was meaning the glass in between you and the teller. At my bank it is 6-8" thick. They could make the store-front windows out of this.
    It still won't stop someone driving through it, and the banks I use don't have that either.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Considering how rare it is that these stores get broken into and how much product has been sold that more than compensates for what was lost in the robberies I don't think Apple cares.

Besides we all know the serial numbers are tracked and as soon as someone makes the mistake of connecting one of these devices to their computer while online they are f'ed. Furthermore if they stole a laptop and tried to use it they would be tracked and charged eventually anyway. This kind of stuff doesn't go unpunished believe me.

Apple stuff won't go up in price because of this but it sucks for the thieves because the more expensive the stuff the harsher the sentence.

The banks in my area don't have glass either probably due to the same reason Apple doesn't have steel doors or armed guards.

Lastly, I wonder if Microsoft is saying "hey why won't anyone break into our stores? Ok fine, we will leave the key under the mat."
    Last edited by alexevo; 12-16-2010 at 11:28 AM.

According to Fox news, a strikingly similar burglary took place on December 6th at an Apple store in Woodcliff, N.J. Breaking through the obvious and very vulnerable glass facade, the burglars in this particular instance cleaned out the store's iPods, iPhones, and iPads in less than one minute. This was the same Apple Store that was cleverly broken into two years previously through the empty furniture store next door.

WTNH News[/quote]

I heard of a similar case where a empty furniture store was cleverly broken into through the Microsoft store next door.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallguy For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (12-17-2010)

So they got 4 Mac Pros?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok I think we've effectively killed the joke about "insert ludicrously high dollar amount of items stolen then insert ludicrously high price of Apple products and ludicrously low quantity of Apple products here to show everyone how expensive Apple products here."

how come nobody has made a joke about making the store out of Gorilla glass and then a burglar smashing the corner of the window because the glass goes all the way to the concrete. zing!

or how the burglars might have been able to defeat the alarm by touching the store on the sides thus attenuating the signal from the store to the alarm company.

or how about perhaps the burglars left all the bumpers behind instead of stealing those too because supposedly "there is nothing wrong with the iPhone 4."

or perhaps the alarm never went off because Apple removed all their glassbreak(jailbreak) detection APIs from Apple Store version 4.2 since it didn't stop thieves from glassbreaking the Apple store anyway?

I could probably come up with more but I have to be up really early in the morning.

Please click the thanks button if these even made you chuckle just a little bit
    Last edited by alexevo; 12-17-2010 at 07:42 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (12-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    Lol, word. To be frank, if I ever had the balls/brazenness/stupidity to break in, Im not touching any ipods or iphones.

One backpack - one 17" MBP, one MB Air, 2 x iPad. Then carry out one of the 30 displays for the win.
    black nike hockey bag with crumpled up news papers in it to look full. sweat stained running suit (bc i just got out of a hockey game!) and a few tools in the bag. bust a storage door if you can and clean house of all MB and MBP then move to the iPhones and iPads. just sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by chuk12chuk View Post
    "tens of thousands of dollars"
    So they stole 5 computers and an iphone?
    sorry someone already hit that joke.....

I think it's kind of funny that someone "ROBBED" an apple store, out of all the stores in that plaza! but of course it wouldn't be funny if I lived or even worked at that place so I'm gonna take back what I said. but i've got to say those robbers are smart for robbing an apple store, one laptop and you already have 1,000 bucks! I could just imagine them throwing a whole bunch of macs in their bag...they probably j1zz3d their pants when they got to the mac pro...i know i would!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123